Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm not sure who gave you the idea that it is us the reader/player that has to feel jealous for it to be NTR.
- "As a fetish, NTR hentai are designed to provoke jealousy in the audience by proxy by having a character indulge in sexual activity with someone other than the protagonist."
- "The story will then show the aforementioned heroine being intimate with another man (another girl just doesn't pack the same punch), thus provoking jealousy in the audience by proxy."

This is what NTR has traditionally always been about and you see it even now with adult games. People cry "NTR" because they're seeing a girl they like doing something with someone else and it's because it has provoked jealousy in them as a proxy for the MC/protagonist.

The problem is that it's become distorted in recent years by people who don't want any female character to do anything with someone else, even when it's been established that the MC will not have anything to do with them and/or doesn't view them in a romantic or sexual way. Instead of being the proxy for the MC's feelings, they are imposing their feelings on to the MC and have started calling anything that doesn't involve the MC as "NTR".

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
- "As a fetish, NTR hentai are designed to provoke jealousy in the audience by proxy by having a character indulge in sexual activity with someone other than the protagonist."
- "The story will then show the aforementioned heroine being intimate with another man (another girl just doesn't pack the same punch), thus provoking jealousy in the audience by proxy."

This is what NTR has traditionally always been about and you see it even now with adult games. People cry "NTR" because they're seeing a girl they like doing something with someone else and it's because it has provoked jealousy in them as a proxy for the MC/protagonist.

The problem is that it's become distorted in recent years by people who don't want any female character to do anything with someone else, even when it's been established that the MC will not have anything to do with them and/or doesn't view them in a romantic or sexual way. Instead of being the proxy for the MC's feelings, they are imposing their feelings on to the MC and have started calling anything that doesn't involve the MC as "NTR".
Hm, I don't know to be honest. If NTR is designed to cause us the viewer to be jealous than holy shit lol. I guess I don't blame the people hating NTR for hating. But then it just boils down to what you as the player/viewer is thinking/feeling during these scenes. I myself don't follow that definition because it doesn't relate to me. I'm more of the if the MC gets jealous than it turns me on type. But then again, I don't really put myself in the MC's shoes. The people that do this have themselves to blame if they encounter an NTR story and read/play it.

I 110% agree with your last statement. You couldn't be more right. By imposing your feelings to the MC, Or better yet. By imposing the feelings of the MC onto you is what makes people cry about it as well. They see MC get hurt they get hurt. But some people like to live through the eyes of MC. Which is fine, I just hate when those feelings of being hurt rain down onto the game threads. That's where it really sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freezer14

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
If that's that case they should tell us if he's alright.
They could just be checking all their loved ones things after his passing. Sad as it is to say, that's my read on being gone gone for months and then the account flashes on two very quick times in one week with no comments or updates (on his health, not the game obviously).

I'm not sure what i would do if a family member of mine died, and I found a part of his life that was an adult visual novel. But I probably would just look once, get embarrassed, look one more time later, then just never look again. Which may be exactly what just happened.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hm, I don't know to be honest. If NTR is designed to cause us the viewer to be jealous than holy shit lol. I guess I don't blame the people hating NTR for hating. But then it just boils down to what you as the player/viewer is thinking/feeling during these scenes. I myself don't follow that definition because it doesn't relate to me. I'm more of the if the MC gets jealous than it turns me on type. But then again, I don't really put myself in the MC's shoes. The people that do this have themselves to blame if they encounter an NTR story and read/play it.

I 110% with your last statement. You couldn't be more right. By imposing your feelings to the MC, Or better yet. By imposing the feelings of the MC onto you is what makes people cry about it as well. They see MC get hurt they get hurt. But some people like to live through the eyes of MC. Which is fine, I just hate when those feelings of being hurt rain down onto the game threads. That's where it really sucks.
Man you guys are both right to some extent. That scene can be considered an "NTR act" if you will. However, you cannot call this game an NTR game because of that one scene in the intro. Get what I mean? NTR stories generally takes a conscious effort by the writer to make it so. You are not gonna get an accidental NTR game when the dev didn't intend for it to be so. Usually, games that raise the question of whether it's NTR or not tend to be the latter with some nuanced take on relationships and interpersonal interactions. For the purposes of tagging on this site though, yea just stick the NTR sticker on it cus there are lots of sensitive people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and damn... this was an amazing VN. Hope the dev is ok... whatever he is going through.

edIt: To further reiterate, we can't say that NTR is defined by the jealousy it creates in the reader. Because everyone is different. Anyone whose been on this site for a while knows damn well how insane some people can get about this stuff lol. We also can't really narrowly define it by the emotions of the MC, although that gets a bit closer. Even the MCs can have varying reactions to getting cucked. So it's safest to say that a game or story is NTR if the writer wrote it to be so.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'm not sure what i would do if a family member of mine died, and I found a part of his life that was an adult visual novel. But I probably would just look once, get embarrassed, look one more time later, then just never look again. Which may be exactly what just happened.
yea I was thinking same, if relatives didn't know about this then they might not like it after they found about this (esp. since it's school themed).

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
yea I was thinking same, if relatives didn't know about this then they might not like it after they found about this (esp. since it's school themed).
Yeah, I could see logging onto a loved ones PC, going through things trying to figure out what's what, and clicking on the F95 site link without knowing about the site.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
lol, hope hes well and alive. :LOL:Well someone logged in last week. So it was him or a relative found his dirty secret and he rolled over in his grave

Last edited:
Reactions: ezgame

Streepjes

Aug 13, 2018
Yea this was a blast to play, sometimes you just need something breezy like this. Hope the developer is okay tho !

Does anybody have any recommendations for similar type games like this one?

Streepjes

Aug 13, 2018
school themed? annie's school day (not finished sadly but not abandoned either), college life (rpgm not renpy and mc is student), the professor (totally wacko so doesn't suit to all), college seduction day, schooling.
Thanks a lot ! Ill def check some of them out

4.60 star(s) 63 Votes