Tool baka/bge/bct productions

Sep 22, 2020
When I try to drag and drop swf to baka selector it won't open it on there. It says drag or drop or set a command line, but I don't know how to set it as command line.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
baka.loader u mean, baka.selector dont have that function to drag and drop.
drag and drop: u drag the .swf file into baka.loader.exe to run it
command line: u right click on .swf and pick open as... and pick baka.loader that u placed in a "path%" folder (such as c:\program\ or c:\program files)

Swifty995

Jul 16, 2017
I can't seem to get the installer fix working even after switching the compatability mode, downloading the Windows patch in the ReadMe specific to my system, and restarting after using the Uninstaller.

r200ell

Nov 8, 2020
I'm having the same issue as the above.

Not sure if the most recent windows update had something to do with this?

Send help please!

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
did u try the package I uploaded?

adobe flash fix/installation
download:

Reactions: yefer004

r200ell

Nov 8, 2020
Dunno if this helps but I get this error even after following the steps listed in the read me and the suggested steps from that other user who got it to work

Not sure if there are any other options

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
did u follow the instructions? I added a .txt file for this purpose. read it carefully.
this error u get if u dont follow the instructions.

r200ell

Nov 8, 2020
Yeah I ended up reaching a dead end with that sadly, after running the uninstaller from the microsoft catalog, I noticed that Adobe flash activex is still installed? However I get this error then attempting to uninstall it:

I've tried the uninstalled bundled with the zip too.

Edit: Just wanna add as well, when going to that directory the uninstall file does appear to be missing,

Also thank you for your assistance thus far!

Last edited:

r200ell

Nov 8, 2020
It seems I have a partially uninstalled Flash player? Registry keys are still on the system and i'm seeing bits here and there from adobe under the windows directory even AFTER running the uninstaller.

From what I'm seeing it feels like a fresh install of windows would be easier than sifting through removing everything that for some reason windows, and the uninstaller couldn't.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
hm odd.
I would try to: (I assume u r in windows 10)
- use the uninstaller
- check windows own program and files and uninstall anything adobe flash stuff
- now, u download and install the uninstaller from the link I provided in the .txt file. find the correct one and run it.
- run the adobe flash setup (included in the pack) using compatible mode windows 7

David Ca

May 31, 2018
Thank you very much baka, it works for me. I'm the one who gave you the idea to use the mouse wheel to zoom.
Today I feel the need to give you the idea that you reprogram bakaloader to make it portable.
Unfortunately there are many people who are not proficient in computing.
I think that if you redirected bakaloader to flash.ocx to the directory where bakaloader is located (just like the zlib.dll file that is always next to bakaloader), everything would be easier. And if you made an installer, it would still be better.
I got the idea from the following link:

Whatever you decide, thank you very much for everything. You're the best.

Reactions: baka

plebeyer

May 30, 2021
Sup baka
I'm genuinely baffled right now. I just can't seem to fix this flash issue
I have scoured this entire forum for over 5 times now, tried everything you suggested (and ofcourse uninstalling anything flash-related between every time to make sure my pc's clean), but nothing seems to be working
I don't know what to do now, I'm stuck. Perhaps if you can look into it a last time? Maybe suggest some instructions?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
u did try the package I created?
with a .txt file u can read.

plebeyer

May 30, 2021
I downloaded the uninstaller with my correct version (2004, x64) and checked for any adobe flash in Apps & Features, and ran the flash uninstaller from the folder and restarted my pc. I then ran the installer (in win7 compatibility mode) but got this, I disconnected from the internet and tried again but to no success aww.PNG

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
could be that another installation is there. check the folder path inside windows\ if theres other flashxxxxxx.ocx there
do a search, check like:

\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

if theres something there already. it should be empty and not contain any flashxxxxxx.ocx at all.
if theres something, try to uninstall it.
if u cant, sometimes it works if u run a "new" flash installation first, and uninstall it, and run the "old-setup" again.

Reactions: hohotang

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
try the dev version of bct.player. the normal version is compressed using a packer, that results in a lot of false-positive.
if u read the thread we already discussed this issue. a few times already.
even the dev-version will result in some false-positive. try for more analysis.

plebeyer

May 30, 2021
could be that another installation is there. check the folder path inside windows\ if theres other flashxxxxxx.ocx there
do a search, check like:

\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

if theres something there already. it should be empty and not contain any flashxxxxxx.ocx at all.
if theres something, try to uninstall it.
if u cant, sometimes it works if u run a "new" flash installation first, and uninstall it, and run the "old-setup" again.
Well I found some flash files in both of those directories, I deleted the "flashxxxx.ocx" files and ttried your install file again, but without succes: I got the same error.
Also the files in those directories get restored after I try to install