1.50 star(s) 6 Votes

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Right? I mean the whole thing is 1.5Gb. How do you need 4 loading screens post main menu, all of which have a lengthy load time. I can extract all the RPA's far faster than the loading screens take. I can't think of any other VN I've played that does that.

Beyond that, it's a decent looking game asset/UI wise, albeit as others have said EXTREMELY familiar (not just talking about the assets). The marketing/business plan of the dev confuses/concerns me though. $3 if you buy now, OK, great. I can see hoping that low of a price will entice more people to pay. Dev only plans on it being 5 episodes. That seems pretty short just in principal. After playing the game, episode 1 has 2 sex scenes (sort of). If you're playing it for the story, the episode wasn't all that long either. Putting it up on Steam with this little content seems like a questionable decision.

With only 5 episodes planned for this season, based on the length of the first episode either they're "planning" a lot of seasons or they don't really have that much of a story planned out. If their plan is spamming out a mountain of seasons, even at $3/season, that becomes pretty unappealing at least for me.

Half of me thinks the reason for the loading screens was purely to make the episode feel longer. Dev's only other project on their website is a game they abandoned basically after the intro and has a somewhat similar story, which doesn't inspire one with confidence. Yet, they've got a merch store. That combined with the fact that game has a "clean" mode makes me think the dev may be a bit out of touch with reality, especially given how familiar the game feels.
The price could be that low if the dev is simply lifting ideas/renders/models etc. from other games. He/She doesn't really have to do much.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
BaD set in a magic universe...you couldn't at least have come up with different hazing rituals? I'm going to check out episode 2 whenever it comes out because I quite like magic schools in the real-world setting, character models are also quite pretty, but you need to be more creative and separate this game from the one that is obviously your inspiration.

Edit: also...LOADING SCREENS????? SERIOUSLY? I've never played a VN with loading screens...why are these necessary?

EmoBot

Mar 9, 2022
I think this game is rated unfairly low for being a blatant BAD rip-off.

Graphics would be pretty good, if all males wouldn't look like a mixture between random Oblivion characters and the Bogdanoff twins.
Sound is decent ...after you manually normalize all tracks, because the volume is extremely inconsistent.
Story is interesting enough if you see it as a magic school BAD parody.
Writing is just bad though and not really english, but at least the characters are unique enough and don't immediately jump on MC's dick.

Overall a completely average 3/5 game.
It deserves negative rating for those stupid loading screens

malkavian1331

Jan 16, 2018
People, I can’t understand you. It’s not for nothing that they say, “There’s nothing new under this sun.”
Someone decided to parody and mix two great games! This is wonderful! I sincerely hope that the developer will be able to make a not perfect, but good game!
Personally, I will wait until the 4th episode or the game comes out completely and will be happy to see what he has done.

malkavian1331

Jan 16, 2018
And advice like “it’s better to play the original” doesn’t work. The original games have been completed and there is no point in replaying them more than once every 3-4 years, and new seasons, in my opinion, take an infinitely long time to come out. Therefore, any good attempt to somehow parody the original will be received positively by me.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
People, I can’t understand you. It’s not for nothing that they say, “There’s nothing new under this sun.”
Someone decided to parody and mix two great games! This is wonderful! I sincerely hope that the developer will be able to make a not perfect, but good game!
Personally, I will wait until the 4th episode or the game comes out completely and will be happy to see what he has done.
This isn't a case of "well, here's another magic school VN but with my own twist on it and my own story + renders". I don't feel it's meant as a parody. It's just blatant copying of 2 or 3 different games and then passing it off as their own because the dev doesn't have an original thought of their own.

You seriously can't look at this games renders and the games they're copying and NOT see how similar the renders are as well as the characters within the scenes. Almost identical. It's scummy. You can use premade assets from the numerous ones you can buy or that are free, but good lord set your own scenes up.

malkavian1331

Jan 16, 2018
It's only the first episode. This is just the beginning of a future adventure. At this point, it’s not too late to show your vision of the project and bring this plot even to the invasion of demons from another dimension.
Closer to episode 4 we will see what this developer is capable of.

I’ll say right away that I have no desire to buy this episode on Steam, but I will follow the news of its development.

Reactions: Legend 123

Anon_XXX

Apr 21, 2021
BaD set in a magic universe...you couldn't at least have come up with different hazing rituals? I'm going to check out episode 2 whenever it comes out because I quite like magic schools in the real-world setting, character models are also quite pretty, but you need to be more creative and separate this game from the one that is obviously your inspiration.

Edit: also...LOADING SCREENS????? SERIOUSLY? I've never played a VN with loading screens...why are these necessary?
They are not. This is bad ux design.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
And advice like “it’s better to play the original” doesn’t work. The original games have been completed and there is no point in replaying them more than once every 3-4 years, and new seasons, in my opinion, take an infinitely long time to come out. Therefore, any good attempt to somehow parody the original will be received positively by me.
I don't know what rock you're living under, but at least one of those games is far from completed.

Reactions: initme

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Why do games have these terrible free-roam sections? That's easily the worst and most forgettable part about Being a DIK specifically

1.50 star(s) 6 Votes