Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
In my play through ... hideout is inaccessible, the gal dissapears from trailer and I am stuck watching my house mate pleasuring herself and her acting all surprised and angry if I catch her doing it and reveal myself. I will try the saves from OP and see where they take me.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
Well this is the problem with sandbox games, and why I generally hate them
You see an new update, you think oh good, you down load it, then try to find the new content( which in this case I have been UTTERLY unsuccessful in doing) and then you think to yourself, what a pity, good game ruined by the unnecessary seemingly obligatory sandbox. Some devs think using this method shows off their skills and whatever.

I do NOT want to click the timer 5000 times in the hope that SOMETHING bloody ANYTHING might somehow trigger, nor do i want to use a walk through that lets me know on day 127 at midday I better be in the kitchen wearing a duck on my head. Convert this into a choice based linear branching path and you have a cracker of a game, leave it as it is and folk will just stop playing it. Sand boxers spend so much time trying to catch bugs in code they forget what they are doing which is telling a STORY I don't give a rats arse how complex the code is and how you worked 50 hours to get the map working that's under the hood shit that I don't see and don't care about

TELL YOUR STORY and stop wasting time tinkering with code

rant over, carry on. Story is great renders are great, game mechanics are murdering it

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This kind of fast pace 35 days game does work if you let go and just click the hour glass in Val's home
VaaAAAAaAaAAaaaalerie!!!!! vAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAaaaaaaaalerie!!!!! wonderful! just Fantastic!
Subvert your expectations and let go in the windy play game just nudges you into!
Sure thing, you must stumble on some cutcene in your immediate future!

introvtx

May 6, 2017
BangCityGuy So after I choose to pay Tiny Charles (no matter the amount), I was supposed to meet Darla to give the money the next day right? but when it reached noon the next day Linda immediately texted the mc that Charles and Darla is gone even though I haven't give her the money and If I open the map the Alley is not there. I can't go to the hideaway in the evening because it said Charles is still there.

Also, after I chose to pay him, babyface smoke with Valerie before sleeping and woke up in the morning time instead of early morning, Valerie icon is on the kitchen even though it's not early morning and when I go there babyface says that nobody is there.
I can no longer find Valerie in the kitchen no matter it's early morning or evening. And both Babyface and Valerie always smokes before sleep.

Babyface never took off his cast btw.

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Well this is the problem with sandbox games, and why I generally hate them
You see an new update, you think oh good, you down load it, then try to find the new content( which in this case I have been UTTERLY unsuccessful in doing) and then you think to yourself, what a pity, good game ruined by the unnecessary seemingly obligatory sandbox. Some devs think using this method shows off their skills and whatever.

I do NOT want to click the timer 5000 times in the hope that SOMETHING bloody ANYTHING might somehow trigger, nor do i want to use a walk through that lets me know on day 127 at midday I better be in the kitchen wearing a duck on my head. Convert this into a choice based linear branching path and you have a cracker of a game, leave it as it is and folk will just stop playing it. Sand boxers spend so much time trying to catch bugs in code they forget what they are doing which is telling a STORY I don't give a rats arse how complex the code is and how you worked 50 hours to get the map working that's under the hood shit that I don't see and don't care about

TELL YOUR STORY and stop wasting time tinkering with code

rant over, carry on. Story is great renders are great, game mechanics are murdering it

You are pretty right for sure, working on the script takes a long time and finding bugs is annoying, especially when a bug causes trouble in some older parts of the game that worked before. I am only worried about if it will be more like a slideshow-VN. My concern is to make the different plots and their progress visible. Maybe I should make an own screen between the scenes, and drop all navigation-elements but show the options, so that you are informed about the progress of the game.

As it seems to be right now, that you have to read the walkthrough at the same time, so that you can progress in the game and don't forget anything important, I don't like it myself.

Unfortunately I don't get to play other games myself and am not up to date.
Can you recommend me a choice based linear branching path game that implements this well? Then I will have a look at it.
Then I might just take a chance.
Then I would also need much less variables to control the whole thing.

• Love
Reactions: Canto Forte

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
BangCityGuy So after I choose to pay Tiny Charles (no matter the amount), I was supposed to meet Darla to give the money the next day right? but when it reached noon the next day Linda immediately texted the mc that Charles and Darla is gone even though I haven't give her the money and If I open the map the Alley is not there. I can't go to the hideaway in the evening because it said Charles is still there.

Also, after I chose to pay him, babyface smoke with Valerie before sleeping and woke up in the morning time instead of early morning, Valerie icon is on the kitchen even though it's not early morning and when I go there babyface says that nobody is there.
I can no longer find Valerie in the kitchen no matter it's early morning or evening. And both Babyface and Valerie always smokes before sleep.

Babyface never took off his cast btw.
I know about this bugs and i will think about a final solution for this.

introvtx

May 6, 2017
I know about this bugs and i will think about a final solution for this.
Okay so I found the problem in my case, because I did not immediately sit on the couch and smoke, If I did the game will progress correctly. Maybe you should disable any other interaction and time skipping like in the beginning for these kind of events? but then it will not feel really sandboxy...

But if this keeps up those who play without following the walkthrough like me will almost likely run into these kind of problems.

Azzazeal

Jun 18, 2019
Hi i have a problem i paid Charles 2000 dolars but when i want visit the gang the game is still saying that Charles is there any help?

• Angry

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
please read the thread .. immediate solution is to stay on couch so time passes correctly and it triggers!
this bugs
Okay so I found the problem in my case, because I did not immediately sit on the couch and smoke, If I did the game will progress correctly. Maybe you should disable any other interaction and time skipping like in the beginning for these kind of events? but then it will not feel really sandboxy...

But if this keeps up those who play without following the walkthrough like me will almost likely run into these kind of problems.

Reactions: introvtx

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
other games
Try Betrayed by Jorael ... you can get compressed version so you DL it quickly and a walkthrough and
even universal cheat mod. Just have a go in like 5-10 minutes without any walkthrough and see
if there are any pitfalls you can indentify. That game has some cutscenes and also some free roaming but it is still restrictive like yours and sometimes you can find yourself wondering what you missed and why is game not advancing

That will be a good cold shower and might give you the edge you are looking 4 to stream line your own
processes in improving this game.

Game oN!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Just try different time sinks ... like watch TV ... I just clicked the Hour Glass icon and it felt so empty just sitting there and then going to check on other locations to see if anything turns up.
Have a look around the house also ... you might get hints on what to expect.
This game is heavily choice based but not all content in coded yet, so things might seem forced.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
other games
You could even try Apocalypse by Epiclust. That one also has limitted days to play through, mandatory choices that will end your game early if not heeded and lots of hints.
You get compressed version 4 quick download and a walkthrough to get them scenes.

These 2 I recomended are similar to your game and might provide you with the vision you need on what to do or not in the future to improve your game.

Game oN!

Reactions: Mikedazz1

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Try Betrayed by Jorael ... you can get compressed version so you DL it quickly and a walkthrough and
even universal cheat mod. Just have a go in like 5-10 minutes without any walkthrough and see
if there are any pitfalls you can indentify. That game has some cutscenes and also some free roaming but it is still restrictive like yours and sometimes you can find yourself wondering what you missed and why is game not advancing

That will be a good cold shower and might give you the edge you are looking 4 to stream line your own
processes in improving this game.

Game oN!
You could even try Apocalypse by Epiclust. That one also has limitted days to play through, mandatory choices that will end your game early if not heeded and lots of hints.
You get compressed version 4 quick download and a walkthrough to get them scenes.

These 2 I recomended are similar to your game and might provide you with the vision you need on what to do or not in the future to improve your game.

Game oN!
Thanks i will have a look at these.
My biggest concern was that changing the mechanics of the game would take away the player's freedom. But I think that if I rebuild everything, at the end of the current version there will be a fake day where the player can do what he wants without it having any effect on the game. So you can let the MC have fun by repeating old scenes.
So you can then play through the story and finally fool around a little.

• Love

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
other games
Pleased be the mods ... please do not kill these posts .. we are talking about this game .. honestly trying to bring about the betterment of this game;)

Others have opportunities implemented in the MC laptop screen ... High Rise Climb has those, where at different lust or love points messages will show telling the players they need more of this or that.

Personal trainer has hints implemented and it still might get you stuck .. maybe check these out if you can ... dl the compressed versions and maybe the walkthrough mod, fire them up and just play 4 10-20 minutes so that the hints get displayed and you get a sense of how they were implemented.

This game is so fun and ingaging, just that some parts feel empty ... clicking the hour glass to pass the time. I trust in you to make the best game you wish to make!
MC have fun by repeating old scenes
Mod makers around here use jump commands in their scene replay mods to bring about gallery and give players the possibility to go back and be happy. Your extra day idea sounds wonderful ... maybe so that MC can go in each chamber of ValeRie and play her naughty bits out FOR EVER AND EVER VALLEEeeeeeEeeeEEeeEERIEeeeeeEEeeee!!!!!:love::love::p:p:p;):giggle::giggle::giggle:;):sneaky::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::sneaky:(y)
Then Mc can go at the gang hideout and play all the naughty gang girls bits ... Wonderful idea indeed.
Then MC can go to hit trailer oand have all the naughty bits acccessible with his beau ... fantastic idea!

Happy game Making!
Happy Gaming!

Last edited:
Reactions: BangCityGuy
3.10 star(s) 44 Votes