Epholos

Dec 15, 2017
This is a well known issue.
Repost:
I had to change some stuff in game for the rework. I provided a savefile in OP. So you can startover at day 36. Keep in mind this is only a reworked version with a new gui and no new content. I am working at next version already
Yet as of now it still isn´t fixed

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Unfortunately it is so that some players still miss some scenes and therefore errors occur.
Probably these players don't want to use the walktthrough and that's ok of course. I will revise the script again and add mechanisms to make sure that these scenes can't be missed. How that will be implemented, I don't know yet. I don't want to control the whole thing with forces scenes, because later on the alternative paths will be added as well and they could cause conflicts. I will probably remove the mechanism with the fixed days from a certain point in time and then make the plots variable.
But this will lead to the fact that there won't be a uniform game flow anymore and that's what worries me. Since I wanted to include an ingame guide before, I will implement it until the next version and it will help to stop the annoying problems.
I had such an idea before, but unfortunately I postponed it. But I have to admit to myself that it is part of the development process to change things when they need to be changed. Even if it takes a lot of work and some previous work was wasted.

Vojvoda

Mar 21, 2019
Unfortunately it is so that some players still miss some scenes and therefore errors occur.
Probably these players don't want to use the walktthrough and that's ok of course. I will revise the script again and add mechanisms to make sure that these scenes can't be missed. How that will be implemented, I don't know yet. I don't want to control the whole thing with forces scenes, because later on the alternative paths will be added as well and they could cause conflicts. I will probably remove the mechanism with the fixed days from a certain point in time and then make the plots variable.
But this will lead to the fact that there won't be a uniform game flow anymore and that's what worries me. Since I wanted to include an ingame guide before, I will implement it until the next version and it will help to stop the annoying problems.
I had such an idea before, but unfortunately I postponed it. But I have to admit to myself that it is part of the development process to change things when they need to be changed. Even if it takes a lot of work and some previous work was wasted.
walkthrough is biggest shit ever made ! give players task what to do not how to play game ! when you play C.O.D. is there walkthrough to tell you ill this one then kill that one ??? oooo noooo you died you didn`t kill i order you skipped terrorist number 72 !!!!

chuma

Oct 3, 2017

I will revise the script again and add mechanisms to make sure that these scenes can't be missed
I still have a saving of 37 days, and playing further exactly along the passage, I was able to pass this place in 41 days. Perhaps someone will come in handy so as not to go through all over again.

Grayman1977

Apr 8, 2018
Well, the mega-archive works fine. Game stops at night day7/day8 .
If you have a savegame from a later day, because of missing-file problem, this might cause errors.

There is some stuff from later content already in this version, because my work-version is already in week 5, i just shortened the files
and set a stop day7/day8 .
So if you see some stuff from day8+ it's logical it does not work.
Another thing to know is even if the whole file have been uploaded sometimes some hoster are still processing the uploaded file aka compressing it so when you go download it it return incomplete data.Just wait a bit when a update as just been posted let thing sort themselve out

Valmora

Dec 4, 2018
Just downloaded it and opened it and this happens... So the patch doesn't work...

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/patch.rpy", line 86, in <module>
NameError: name 'character' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "patch.rpyc", line 82, in script
  File "D:\Games\BangCity007-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\BangCity007-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/patch.rpy", line 86, in <module>
NameError: name 'character' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
BangCity VN 0.07
Mon May 04 04:39:03 2020

Boneprone

Dec 12, 2019
i'm stuck on day 37,,just got a handy in the shower and Val said she'd hook up MC with her friends daughter,now i have the option to check on Val in the shower or visit the gang hideout,neither advances the story..

Update..i played though again and found the scene I missed,,it was getting the phone number for Boozie..

Last edited:

Akshay2538

Feb 7, 2019
i'm stuck on day 37,,just got a handy in the shower and Val said she'd hook up MC with her friends daughter,now i have the option to check on Val in the shower or visit the gang hideout,neither advances the story..

Update..i played though again and found the scene I missed,,it was getting the phone number for Boozie..
same problem is happening with me I even call boozi but when MC go to the hideout story won't move forward what do i do

3.10 star(s) 44 Votes