Unity Bare Backstreets [v0.7.4] [Jasonafex]

1.60 star(s) 44 Votes

vx1900

Jan 17, 2020
You know whats funny. The old barebackstreets had a full stage with a boss at the end. You could grab weapons and enemy and smack people with it. There was even a ... well shallow but still branching path where you took the subway instead of going further on the street. It felt like an actual lewd beat em up that , sure kinda look awkward and stiff, was still fun.

The new barebackstreet Just toss a bunch of monsters all in the same map, so no stage feels unique. The control are bad and its so glitchy. Stages dont even a boss at the end, its just a crappy portal and voila the end. Its so unfocus its sad to look and play
The old BBS was objectively a better game, yes. Animation was VERY basic, and it had its own share of bugs, but the overall planning and gameplay was on the right track. Now all the attention is being put into super-polished art assets at the cost of making a game that's actually worth playing. Controls are shit. Bugs are everywhere. And there's no real substance to the sex stuff.

It kind of baffles me how given all this time and money Jasonafex is still struggling to make a Streets of Rage clone with some sex animations and game over CG. Especially since the programming should be the EASY part. I could probably pirate Unity/Game Maker etc, watch some tutorials, and have a decent engine (with shitty place-holder graphics) ready to go in a month or two. A lot of people could. The hard part is getting the art lined up, either via yourself or by convincing a skilled artist to work with you. He's got the art pretty much nailed, so why on earth is the programming and game feel/controls still such shit?

Meanwhile, something like Predation has way more depth, better mechanics, more enjoyable sex stuff and a neat art style to boot. Still plenty of bugs and things to improve, but at least it's worth playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shush69

Arta.umb

Dec 13, 2019
still trash dude fix your simulator or whateves it was super laggy last year now it is not even running in this update wtf

killer2005de

Apr 27, 2017
@ Treat maker you shut update main post homepage so far i see the link is dead.
Link for free downloads here:
From ZorriscoSHED " 14 crash in 30 minutes, this game run like my ass "
ZorriscoSHED I play now 3 Stages up to Jungle LVL without one crash think the game is not the problem from that crashes. ;)

Last edited:

Avelle

Nov 10, 2019
Game crashed the instant i launched it. god this is getting worse and worse each time the game updates

ZorriscoSHED

Oct 14, 2020
killer2005de Idk but every time i start a stange the game goes sico mode and die. I don't think that my pc is the problem, i see many other people having the same trouble. Anyway i'll download the new link and pray to it works.

killer2005de

Apr 27, 2017
killer2005de Idk but every time i start a stange the game goes sico mode and die. I don't think that my pc is the problem, i see many other people having the same trouble. Anyway i'll download the new link and pray to it works.
Hardware problems, Driver problems, missing codecs, wrong settings there can be a lot of things that cause crashes it is hard to say what it can be. :(
I do not know your System so i can not say much to it without exactly infos. :)

tigerprascire

May 14, 2020
Even worse than the last update, the game now doesn't even load it just crashes. They are MILKING patrons for their donations without releasing any content at all. Actually pathetic

Black Thunder

Nov 16, 2017
My screen stays black instead of respawning me whenever I fail to break free. Can't bring up the pause menu or anything but I can move the mouse around. I have to close the game whenever I die. The only way to avoid this is to click restart before the screen goes black.

deekinftw

Mar 22, 2018
I've noticed with this game that sometimes the problem is leftover files from a previous version that did not get overwritten causing problems. Installing the game fresh instead of overwriting a previous version tends to give better results. I suggest giving that a try and seeing if it works any better.

Claudette.EXE

Nov 13, 2020
I've noticed with this game that sometimes the problem is leftover files from a previous version that did not get overwritten causing problems. Installing the game fresh instead of overwriting a previous version tends to give better results. I suggest giving that a try and seeing if it works any better.
How do i do that? Please walk me through

1.60 star(s) 44 Votes