Unity Bare Backstreets [v0.7.4] [Jasonafex]

1.60 star(s) 44 Votes

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
Did they add only 1 new segs scene in 0.7.1 after a two month break..?
Well by their track record. That is some real progress right there, considering they went months and months on end with nothing, but finally a new character sprite that just repeats animations of the other female sprite.

Reactions: LeruArt

fluff_lover

Aug 19, 2018
So i tried running a script that feed and try all possible combination but they USED their brains! if you set pin fail 3/4 times applications auto closes, so that's a bust... on the other half here are some bugs i encountered whilst playing the free part of the update:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Esc menu is bugged

-enemies wont target you when knocked down

-Shield makes you perma invincible

-Gallery is borked after awhile of viewing

-"New" enemy AI borked and wont see you nor target you

-Enemies dies too quick with health bar not depleted

-Some enemies (piranha) clips out of bounds when segs mini game aswell their lunge attack deal no dmg sometimes (both up and sideways)

-Some enemies turn invincible or flat-out nopes out existence after segs mini game

-Enemies get stuck on props

-Bug enemy still fly out of bounds and doesn't die to kill box set in place to "fix that"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Haha
Reactions: Gonesoul

Mr. X

Aug 12, 2018
So two months to make a single "new" scene which it's exactly the same as the other but with the player character laying on their back instead of all fours, with the Jade and Genesis being a recolor of Vergence. I'm not exaggerating, they didn't even bothered to change the enemy's pose. I know that people do dumb things when horny but seriously, how are they still falling for this scam?

LeruArt

Nov 10, 2021
So two months to make a single "new" scene which it's exactly the same as the other but with the player character laying on their back instead of all fours, with the Jade and Genesis being a recolor of Vergence. I'm not exaggerating, they didn't even bothered to change the enemy's pose. I know that people do dumb things when horny but seriously, how are they still falling for this scam?
tbh, idk how people are falling for it. i also dont get how him, his wife, and thier new girl to thier "troublsome trio" are getting away with so much shit

Gonesoul

Jan 22, 2018
This game, while presenting an interesting concept, is a triumph of bugs and lag.
Furthermore, the physics feels floaty and unintuitive, with boring sex scenes.
Not the best delivery, unless this game was supposed to be a joke.

Joys

Apr 27, 2019
yep! also the game lags, i have high end specs for a laptop too, 16gb ram, saw the lies about what it uses, like fucking hell
So I figured it out. Turns out the game opens the unity crash handler automatically, which in turn crashes the game. The irony. If you open task manager and tab open BBS, you can close the crash handler and the game will run normal, at least in my case.

Reactions: LeruArt

LeruArt

Nov 10, 2021
So I figured it out. Turns out the game opens the unity crash handler automatically, which in turn crashes the game. The irony. If you open task manager and tab open BBS, you can close the crash handler and the game will run normal, at least in my case.
Oh. Never thought of that. Thx for letting me know!

Reactions: TheGribler
Feb 16, 2021
I'm not an unity dev, but that sounds like an idiot's mistake. I mean, I don't expect much, but is it really that difficult to just... Not open the handler?

Jun 25, 2022
Not even 1 minute in and changing my resolution made all the buttons in the menu completely unresponsive, so I have to restart the game. Then once I start the level I'm greeted with this nasty flickering lighting on the character (don't really know how to explain it) that just kills my eyes. Once I actually start moving, I don't know what I hate more, the awful parallax or the controls that are just as tactile as tacobell fueled diarrhea.

How does every update/patch to this used condom filled dumpster fire break something?!

Jason really does live by ye ole adage "Break two things with one fix, then run away with everybody's money"

Last edited:

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
Not even 1 minute in and changing my resolution made all the buttons in the menu completely unresponsive, so I have to restart the game. Then once I start the level I'm greeted with this nasty flickering lighting on the character (don't really know how to explain it) that just kills my eyes. Once I actually start moving, I don't know what I hate more, the awful parallax or the controls that are just as tactile as tacobell fueled diarrhea.

How does every update/patch to this used condom filled dumpster fire break something?!

Jason really does live by ye ole adage "Break two things with one fix, then run away with everybody's money"
Cause whoever working on it before left then new people come and add onto the already fucked up coding without fixing it.

It is like a toilet bowl. Some programmers come in, take a poop and leave instead of flushing. Then the next programmer looks at the poop filled bowl, doesn't flush and poops ontop of it and leaves it as is.

That is literally the mess with the game.

Jun 25, 2022
Cause whoever working on it before left then new people come and add onto the already fucked up coding without fixing it.

It is like a toilet bowl. Some programmers come in, take a poop and leave instead of flushing. Then the next programmer looks at the poop filled bowl, doesn't flush and poops ontop of it and leaves it as is.

That is literally the mess with the game.
LOL

Your toilet bowl analogy got a good chuckle out of me because it's true! This game is a swirling bowl of shit! Hilarious to me, but maybe not so much to the patrons and the dude who paid $1000 to have his OC in the game, only for it to be completely broken in 0.7.0 :KEK:

Reactions: DrakeWasHere2

a huge bee

May 3, 2022
Picked the female. Got hit once by a bee and knocked down. Was never able to get back up. No button prompt. Nothing in the controller config.
Restarted. Went to the left a screen or two and found a chest I have no idea how to open. No prompt, nothing in the button config. Went into the door to the left of the chest, got a "Thanks for playing" screen and prompted to quit or go back to the menu.
Is there any 'game' in this game?

Edit: I finally got a chest to open! I just had to sit on top of it and spam the attack button until the game deigned to read that I was hitting it. Yeesh.

Maybe I'll try again in the future when it isn't a laggy pile of bugs.
skill issues

BluLeBleuLion

Jan 1, 2023
This project is cursed. remake been being made for over 5 years. games been rebuilt several times. changed game style from beat em up to platformer. cant keep a team for long. the current devs cant barely manage a update every 3 months with barely new stuff and somehow more bugs and things that worked dont anymore. the last dev to make real progres was doing monthly updates but was worked sick. another dev b4 that left for mental health. and that not even adding in the drama surrounding the director and his wife

people need to warn people before working for jasonafex. needs to come with a hazard warning sign

1.60 star(s) 44 Votes