Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Been playing this lately with your mod and got to the end of ch 3 where i was officially dating all girls (except Zenda) and MiniStat showed True for all of them but then as soon as i started ch 4 all values switched to False except AnHeOfficial. Is this supposed to happen? On relationships screen it still shows True for all girls though so its a bit confusing

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Been playing this lately with your mod and got to the end of ch 3 where i was officially dating all girls (except Zenda) and MiniStat showed True for all of them but then as soon as i started ch 4 all values switched to False except AnHeOfficial. Is this supposed to happen? On relationships screen it still shows True for all girls though so its a bit confusing
Indeed. For a more in depth explanation of why see post here. It's the dev's conditional code at the beginning of Ch4 that does this reporting within the mod, not the mod itself forcing the change. That said the dev's relp screen is not dynamic like the mod's (the mod's are much much better and more sophisticated). Note that it will change yet again depending on your choices going forward from where you are (the beginning of Ch4). The pathing is dynamic depending on all previous choices.

Reactions: LoGyMW

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Indeed. For a more in depth explanation of why see post here. It's the dev's conditional code at the beginning of Ch4 that does this reporting within the mod, not the mod itself forcing the change. That said the dev's relp screen is not dynamic like the mod's (the mod's are much much better and more sophisticated). Note that it will change yet again depending on your choices going forward from where you are (the beginning of Ch4). The pathing is dynamic depending on all previous choices.
Cool, good to know. So i should just ignore it basically

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Cool, good to know. So i should just ignore it basically
Well... don't ignore the mod's information... just know it's always changing depending on your current playthrough (it's completely dynamic in realtime). This includes not only the mod's stats but also the ChoiceGuide which also changes it's information depending on your current playthrough. That's one of the best features of using the mod (imho).

Reactions: DarhkBlu and LoGyMW
Feb 13, 2021
So i downloaded from the mega link and got a file called SanchoMod.key for windows registry i deleted it right away and didnt touch it but ive never seen a mod like that? Edit: i tried the other link and it gave me a normal looking mod and everything seems right so im not sure whats wrong with the mega link?

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So i downloaded from the mega link and got a file called SanchoMod.key for windows registry i deleted it right away and didnt touch it but ive never seen a mod like that? Edit: i tried the other link and it gave me a normal looking mod and everything seems right so im not sure whats wrong with the mega link?
Nothing is wrong.

That isn't a registry key... windows claims that file extension (like MS tries to claim everything on the planet) but it's used for other things besides registry data. That key file is in every SanchoMod download and poses zero harm to you, it's used by my IDE during the retail packaging process and is a part of the mod's Core coding. As long as you download my personal mods directly from my personal links there is a zero chance of corruption or shenanigans, this I promise and I reckon I've proved my integrity over the years with absolutely no security issues EVER found from my personal links with almost a million total downloads of my mods across the board.

All that said, you are not about to be the first one in a million that gets a fast one pulled on ya.

Feb 13, 2021
Nothing is wrong.

That isn't a registry key... windows claims that file extension (like MS tries to claim everything on the planet) but it's used for other things besides registry data. That key file is in every SanchoMod download and poses zero harm to you, it's used by my IDE during the retail packaging process and is a part of the mod's Core coding. As long as you download my personal mods directly from my personal links there is a zero chance of corruption or shenanigans, this I promise and I reckon I've proved my integrity over the years with absolutely no security issues EVER found from my personal links with almost a million total downloads of my mods across the board.

All that said, you are not about to be the first one in a million that gets a fast one pulled on ya.
Thats weird though because the mega link only gave me the key file, nothing else where as the workupload link actually gave me the .rpy files. Thats why i thought it was some sort of virus or something simply because ive never seen anything like that before and usually when i use mega it brings me to a mega.nz but your link brings me to some (chrome-extension://bigefpfhnfcobdlfbedofhhaibnlghod/mega/secure.html) which ive never seen for mega before. but i tested it out on some other games and mega links and they all bring me to that. So i apologize i just wanted to make sure!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
usually when i use mega it brings me to a mega.nz but your link brings me to some (chrome-extension://bigefpfhnfcobdlfbedofhhaibnlghod/mega/secure.html) which ive never seen for mega before
Link works fine for me on 4 different benchtesting units. But, I don't use "chrome", I use firefox... it's likely your browser redirecting the link.

Is the Mod working for Game version v0.4b?
Yes, see post here.

Reactions: Computaholica

KokoMarley

Dec 25, 2019
View attachment 1321626

Overview:
In-game mod for Bare Witness
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, in-game walkthough guide, custom settings, custom fonts and much more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development
Updated: 10-12-2022
Game/Creator: Bare Witness / AlterWorlds - Slockie - Storm
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: 4.0
Game Version: Chapter 4.0
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (varies from port to port).
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 05/05/2023 16:49 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 1800717 View attachment 1800718 View attachment 1800719 View attachment 1800720 View attachment 1800721
View attachment 1800722 View attachment 1800723 View attachment 1800724 View attachment 1800725 View attachment 1800726 View attachment 1800727 View attachment 1800729
View attachment 1800739 View attachment 1800740
Dynamic ChoiceGuide
View attachment 1528616 View attachment 1528615 View attachment 1528614 View attachment 1528617 View attachment 1528612 View attachment 1528613
View attachment 1800737 View attachment 1800738
SanchoSplits
View attachment 1800730 View attachment 1800731 View attachment 1800732
View attachment 1800733 View attachment 1800734 View attachment 1800735 View attachment 1800736

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1528581
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.
Tried use Joiplay, when click start, its freezed, just wanna share my experienced

Klistoff

May 19, 2023
Tried use Joiplay, when click start, its freezed, just wanna share my experienced
None of Sancho's current mods work with JoiPlay. They need Windows/Linux/MacOS or something that provides a 100% emulation due to the APIs used - JoiPlay does not emulate any of them.

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
Sure, install as directed. To be very clear:

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN. Try that and report back please.
After downloading the version of the VN the authors are providing on Patreon, the game crashes during start when your mod is installed. Log.txt is attached. Would you expect this version to work fine wit your mod? If not, I don't mind and will continue to play the version provided here on F95.
View attachment log.txt

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
After downloading the version of the VN the authors are providing on Patreon, the game crashes during start when your mod is installed. Log.txt is attached. Would you expect this version to work fine wit your mod? If not, I don't mind and will continue to play the version provided here on F95.
View attachment 3305783
Well, it doesn't matter which you DL if the versions (VN to mod) are the same, which is the whole point of providing version numbering for both VN's and mods, obviously. In other words if you are DLing something other than Ch4 then no, of course it won't work. Make sense?

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
Well, it doesn't matter which you DL if the versions (VN to mod) are the same, which is the whole point of providing version numbering for both VN's and mods, obviously. In other words if you are DLing something other than Ch4 then no, of course it won't work. Make sense?
Yes, makes sense. The version provided on Patreon comes as BareWitness-0.4steam-pc and is dated to Oct 17, 2022.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes, makes sense. The version provided on Patreon comes as BareWitness-0.4steam-pc and is dated to Oct 17, 2022.
The issue is likely due to you selecting the Steam version and not the non-Steam version. Neither the mod nor the VN on this site has any Steam code in it.... although that should only be achievement code. I wouldn't think that would crash it but is likely the cause nonetheless.

Reactions: Cyrix72

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
The issue is likely due to you selecting the Steam version and not the non-Steam version. Neither the mod nor the VN on this site has any Steam code in it.... although that should only be achievement code. I wouldn't think that would crash it but is likely the cause nonetheless.
Thanks for your thoughts. :) I will stick to the F95 version.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for your thoughts. :) I will stick to the F95 version.
You have me wondering WTF at the moment... there's no reason for the dev team to have a separate "Steam" version at all. RenPy knows if the VN is running on the Steam platform or not so it doesn't execute the Achievement code if not running on the platform... so there's only need for one version of the VN (many, many VN's you play are like this, one version that is both Steam/non-Steam in one).

Maybe once Ch5 is released in the next few days and I get done with it I'll reach out to the dev team and pass some knowledge (if they are interested). Otherwise it's double the workload on them tbh, and that just doesn't make any sense imho.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes