Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thing is, I'm pretty sure I kept open as many routes as possible (while still not knowing about the MASH) trying to maximize the points with basically every girl in the game, so I have no clue where I could have f-ed up XD
One must be careful with this simplistic theory on how some VNs work. Many simplistically coded VNs only use a form of "relp" to advance particular scenes, hence why rookie coders tend to pump out the "select the baby-shit green colored choice is best" philosophy. That doesn't hold water in complex VNs that use event variables and elaborate conditional code to set story pathing directions. I don't want to get too far into the weeds and add to any confusion but just know that "relp" is almost insignificant (not entirely but mostly) to the branching of the story pathing. Think of other complex VNs (you've played them) and try to keep that in mind as you make your choices.

The alternative route is to either play unmodded or install SanchoMod for it's GUI features and turn Off the ChoiceGuide... then simply choose interactions that "feel" right to you in the moment. That's how all devs truly intend the VN to be played anyway, some more successful than others of course.

Don't take this post as me telling you what to do. You do you. I'm just pointing out that there's more under the hood of some of these hot rods than simplistic relp choices. Regards.

Reactions: ename144

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Just wanted to stop in real quick before I crash for the night (well, day, but my schedule is flipped right now), and say: we're almost at 400 patrons (399 as I type this!), and I know that's at least in part due to the support we've seen here on F95. So thank you, all, for the word of mouth, for the reviews (if you've written one), and just for enjoying the thing Slockie and I have created. We are grateful for the support and for all the kind words you've said about Bare Witness here. F95 might not always be the most friendly place for developers, but most of you posting here have bucked that trend, and we appreciate that.

Thank you, again, from Slockie and myself. We look forward to hearing your thoughts in the future when you inevitably steal chapter 5 from us. :LOL:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Just wanted to stop in real quick before I crash for the night (well, day, but my schedule is flipped right now), and say: we're almost at 400 patrons (399 as I type this!), and I know that's at least in part due to the support we've seen here on F95. So thank you, all, for the word of mouth, for the reviews (if you've written one), and just for enjoying the thing Slockie and I have created. We are grateful for the support and for all the kind words you've said about Bare Witness here. F95 might not always be the most friendly place for developers, but most of you posting here have bucked that trend, and we appreciate that.

Thank you, again, from Slockie and myself. We look forward to hearing your thoughts in the future when you inevitably steal chapter 5 from us. :LOL:
do you have a plan to get it on steam? i'm already a patron but steam is good. or gog.

Before I knew about f95zone forum, I only know steam.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
do you have a plan to get it on steam? i'm already a patron but steam is good. or gog.

Before I knew about f95zone forum, I only know steam.
Yes, we'll be releasing Bare Witness on Steam when it's complete. After chapter 5 is released, we'll be doing some revisions (Slockie wants to redo the entirety of the renders in chapter 1) before it goes to Steam, so it might be a while before it's posted.

We won't be waiting for completion to post Heaven's Door, though we'll wait until we've got a minimum amount of content in the game before it goes up on Steam as an early-access release.

Sep 3, 2020

well I can't write a review because of my reading disability

because I have a hard time explaining myself but I really love this update

as a Athena only player
I loved every second of it.

it is definitely worth the wait

I have only one word to describe this update perfect

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
I like the premise and characters in this game. I really do. But the one thing really pissing me off is the branch choices that force you to choose one girl or event over and other. I do NOT like that, in any game. Period. Ever. I want everyone and everything in one playthrough. Why do devs not make that an option in their games? Player choice in which way they want to play. I will never understand that. I have other games to play not spend 3 playthroughs for one game to get everything that I should have had in the first playthrough.

This is why I am tired of being forced to use a mod for pretty much every...single...game. Devs just need to put the stuff from mods IN their game already and stop with the bullshit. Renpy games are becoming a chore, not an enjoyment, because devs wont put the things most people enjoy, the stuff from mods (replay, cheats, etc), in their game in the first place.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I'm probably not the first to notice, but there's also a left-handed handshake with Dean Walsh in one of the later chapters.

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
developer;

Howdy.

Can you please add an option to reject Athena, something like: "Wait what!?... Sorry but we are just close friends -without benefits-; I did not even sexually touch you. Only saw you naked once and it was your own mistake." for example or simply "........ naaaah, I will pass.".

If it is not a traditional harem game, please give us option to reject her.

Thank you.

Gorgor

Jan 12, 2019
Is this the best game on the site where you form gradually increasing poly relationships where everyone takes part of the relationship instead of having them all happen individually? It's so rare seeing a 5-person poly relationship with 1 male protagonist and 4 women sharing their relationship this intimately, and where the H-scenes ends up in big groups where everyone is in on it together.

If anyone have any other suggestions of similar games please feel free to add them. So far really good job on this game. I hope it will continue to grow with even more characters added to the harem. :)

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
Did something change with Moria moving in? Despite sky high affection, I'm not offering her when it's supposed to happen

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
I hope you're not referencing SanchoMod. If you are then you're mistaken as it clearly let's you know what you will be awarded or what you won't be awarded depending on your previous choices and even let's you know what it is you need. Example of HAM good to go, and HAM not obtainable respectively:
Thanks for posting this! I kept missing the ham sandwich line there

Edit: Turns out I was shorting 1 point with Heidi. Gotta use Val.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
developer;

Howdy.

Can you please add an option to reject Athena, something like: "Wait what!?... Sorry but we are just close friends -without benefits-; I did not even sexually touch you. Only saw you naked once and it was your own mistake." for example or simply "........ naaaah, I will pass.".

If it is not a traditional harem game, please give us option to reject her.

Thank you.
Wait... what? The MC is not forced into Athena. If you romanced this shit out of her then that's on you and your playthrough bud. Here's a basic list of paths if it helps you figure out what it is you want.

Reactions: Capt. Fubar

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
Wait... what? The MC is not forced into Athena. If you romanced this shit out of her then that's on you and your playthrough bud. Here's a basic list of paths if it helps you figure out what it is you want.
Howdy;

My MC did not romanced with her... well, at least I thought they were just close friends -at most-, my MC tried to be a loving friend of minority (different sexual choices) and whatever. Ok, I'm gonna restart again and pick most shitty choices to keep her (and the other gal) away. Thanks for answer.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Howdy;

My MC did not romanced with her... well, at least I thought they were just close friends -at most-, my MC tried to be a loving friend of minors (different sexual choices) and whatever. Ok, I'm gonna restart again and pick most shitty choices to keep her (and the other gal) away. Thanks for answer.
To have any kind of relp with Athena you must have at least 8 "Love" for her... so you don't have to try hard to not be with her tbh. It's not like the MC has to be an asshole toward her is my point. That's the minimum for her solo. Combo paths require more as the relp progresses but that should be rather obvious.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Capt. Fubar

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I like the premise and characters in this game. I really do. But the one thing really pissing me off is the branch choices that force you to choose one girl or event over and other. I do NOT like that, in any game. Period. Ever. I want everyone and everything in one playthrough. Why do devs not make that an option in their games? Player choice in which way they want to play. I will never understand that. I have other games to play not spend 3 playthroughs for one game to get everything that I should have had in the first playthrough.

This is why I am tired of being forced to use a mod for pretty much every...single...game. Devs just need to put the stuff from mods IN their game already and stop with the bullshit. Renpy games are becoming a chore, not an enjoyment, because devs wont put the things most people enjoy, the stuff from mods (replay, cheats, etc), in their game in the first place.
Heh, I'm the opposite. I just can't take harems seriously. I need that one on one connection to the character to care about the game; maybe a one on two connection if it's really well done.

Sadly, Chapter 4 is all about the mashed ham sandwich (or whatever you kids are calling it these days), unless you're on the side paths for Val or Zenda. The individual HMAS girls just get whatever slice is leftover without the rest of the harem, and that seriously bums me out.

Mora in particular got it bad. I mean, I expected less sex, but I didn't also expect less bonding and hanging out. We don't get to see Mora gaming again unless we insist on sharing her with Heidi and Athena. Hell, we can't even do anything to ease her financial situation unless we invite her to the harem. It's like the MC has too much free time to be a proper boyfriend to her, and that's just messed up.

Just goes to show how hard the devs have it. Someone gets the shaft no matter what they do. :(

Technically true, but IIRC the way off Athena's path if you've been generally friendly with her is not to spend time with her when she's recovering from her foot injury. It's easy enough to misread that option as simply more of the MC being friendly with her while she's in a tight spot, them BAM!, sex scene.

4.50 star(s) 225 Votes