Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Val might be arrested for carrying concealed weapons of mass distraction.
She's more likely to get arrested if she doesn't conceal them (unless she's dancing for elementary school kids or in a family friendly pride parade, at least).

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Just a brief reminder that I and our MC are not the same person, and the dumb shit he sometimes says isn't necessarily something I agree with. I've been doing HEMA for over 25 years and own a few very real swords of my own.
What is your preferred type and style? I have one Type XVIII, a grosse messer, a kriegsmesser, and the rest are bastards of various descriptions. I think my Knecht is my favorite, followed closely by the Type XVIIs. Want a nice Type XIV with Solingen-esque or octagonal pommel, preferably bronze, but can't really fund it.

I wanted to do HEMA, but I could never get the elements of time, locale and finances to align. Have time these days, but not finances; when I had the finances, I never had the time. And locale was always a problem - I think the closest the last time I looked was over 100 miles from me, which is odd considering I live near a major metropolitan area.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
What is your preferred type and style? I have one Type XVIII, a grosse messer, a kriegsmesser, and the rest are bastards of various descriptions. I think my Knecht is my favorite, followed closely by the Type XVIIs. Want a nice Type XIV with Solingen-esque or octagonal pommel, preferably bronze, but can't really fund it.

I wanted to do HEMA, but I could never get the elements of time, locale and finances to align. Have time these days, but not finances; when I had the finances, I never had the time. And locale was always a problem - I think the closest the last time I looked was over 100 miles from me, which is odd considering I live near a major metropolitan area.
The Viking sverd and shield, though I'm fond of longsword as well (and am actually better with it than sword-and-board).

Reactions: Son of Durin

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Slockie & Storm ⛈

Making sure I'm getting all my solo paths in and seeing all of the work you put into this and it's great, but: YOU GUYS ARE REAL BASTARDS! MAKING ME MAKE ALL THOSE GIRLS CRY LIKE THAT!

Damn. It sucks.

I'm not crying - you're crying...

Y'all are a great team. Glad I found my way here.

4.40 star(s) 221 Votes