DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
so for starters,be nice 2 athena,and asshole to Heidi?
Cuz i tried the "Athena" + nice Heidi route = A+ H

Darksavior

Dec 2, 2018
I think the most evil thing is the fact they have renders just to make you feel bad for not including someone.

SO I made a TLDR post. Suffer at your own risk.

I enjoyed this, and sad I'm late to this party to be honest. This is one of the games that just somehow didn't hit my radar.
I should have looked harder, but I didn't even play any of the cameo games yet, so I clearly didn't know. Except the one with Judge Aoife.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In the order I played it :

That's my 2 cents. 8/10. Made with Love. I'll be supporting this future career with great interest now. Also , the more paths I played, the more detailed I got. This is because my "lens" really kicked off after Heidi/ Athena path.

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
I think the most evil thing is the fact they have renders just to make you feel bad for not including someone.

SO I made a TLDR post. Suffer at your own risk.

I enjoyed this, and sad I'm late to this party to be honest. This is one of the games that just somehow didn't hit my radar.
I should have looked harder, but I didn't even play any of the cameo games yet, so I clearly didn't know. Except the one with Judge Aoife.

In the order I played it :

That's my 2 cents. 8/10. Made with Love. I'll be supporting this future career with great interest now. Also , the more paths I played, the more detailed I got. This is because my "lens" really kicked off after Heidi/ Athena path.
Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for taking the time out of your day to write all that. Means a lot to us

• Red Heart
Reactions: Darksavior

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I'm not sure if serious here?

If serious, this is why we need the facepalm emoji back......

Random girl in the gym just happens to be one of the main LI's ..... the one you meet right at the start of the game on the train.
Nobody shades Queen Zenda.
Yeah, it was definitely tongue in cheek - I deliberately put an emoji on the Zenda screenshot to say I was laughing about it :LOL:

Reactions: Milton749

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Does anyone know when development on this started? I LOVED Pathfinder Kingmaker (video game) and was curious if it had anything to do with Mora being into Pathfinder. If you read this and like RPG video games and don't know what Kingmaker is...go look it up. You can thank me later.
Coding began on Saturday March 13, 2021 04:36:03 EST. Presumably, Storm will have started writing the story prior to Slockie beginning the coding, but that's the general timeframe. If you've played through and seen the call between Mora and Hannah regarding the rules, that relationship came about by way of Droosk (the creator of Between Two Worlds) being IRL friends with Storm. Both Storm and Droosk play Pathfinder IRL and I believe that Storm still has a weekly game that he runs.

As for how I was so exact about coding time, Ren'Py uses a UNIX epoch timestamp (number of seconds elapsed since Jan. 1, 1970) when it seeds the save directory name when a project is first created. In this game's case, the save directory is defined as "BareWitness-1615628163". First convert it to UTC and then make the adjustment to EST because Slockie's on the US east coast. Presto, we have mid-March 2021.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Does anyone know when development on this started? I LOVED Pathfinder Kingmaker (video game) and was curious if it had anything to do with Mora being into Pathfinder. If you read this and like RPG video games and don't know what Kingmaker is...go look it up. You can thank me later.
Following up: Storm says that "Pathfinder was chosen solely because I use it for tabletop. I have played Kingmaker, but far preferred Wrath of the Righteous. Also, writing began in December of 2020."

Reactions: FatYoda

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
I tried to like it but I just can't stand games that go half measures with the harem. It's just always so annoyingly convoluted and transparent. "Hey, can we have a date tonight?" "Yeah sure" "Btw we decided to hold an impromptu movie and pizza night just tonight that we don't do on any other night ever, would be a shame if you had anything planned".

Even with the mod the decisions are annoying. There's no rhyme or reason why things lead where they lead, or what the "at most 4" are at any point. Seriously it's annoying just for the sake of being annoying. If your story already allows for 4 LIs in the harem then arbitrarily deciding that's the most you can get does not add "replay value", it just makes the plot look like bad for the player just for the sake of being bad.

Seriously, takes all the fun out of the story. Either go full harem or embrace the "replay value"

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I tried to like it but I just can't stand games that go half measures with the harem. It's just always so annoyingly convoluted and transparent. "Hey, can we have a date tonight?" "Yeah sure" "Btw we decided to hold an impromptu movie and pizza night just tonight that we don't do on any other night ever, would be a shame if you had anything planned".

Even with the mod the decisions are annoying. There's no rhyme or reason why things lead where they lead, or what the "at most 4" are at any point. Seriously it's annoying just for the sake of being annoying. If your story already allows for 4 LIs in the harem then arbitrarily deciding that's the most you can get does not add "replay value", it just makes the plot look like bad for the player just for the sake of being bad.

Seriously, takes all the fun out of the story. Either go full harem or embrace the "replay value"
Well, the four that make up MASH all cross paths and if it's going to happen, then it's a group it makes sense for - Sadie being the most removed from that group. Zenda and Val are not even known by the other girls. There's nowhere in the story that it makes sense for them to join the harem. I know you'll probably say that it either doesn't matter, or that the devs therefore need to make those introductions happen, but I just can't see how it would make any sense. Both those girls are against you seeing other girls, they're not going to share you (Zenda didn't really want to with Maddie, and when it was done, it was a case of "Right, experiment over, it's just you and me now.") Sadie basically tells you how it will work on the Sadie/Heidi path - she doesn't want to lose you, so if the only way to avoid it is to share you, she's willing to give it a try.

starfarts

Aug 13, 2021
I just finished and ended up on the Sadie solo route, which pissed me off completely. I'd been with Heidi/Athena and everything was going great, I thought I'd end up with HAS. But it just completely
and there's zero closure whatsoever, even though it was obvious I'd knocked up Heidi.

Is there even a HAS route at all? If so, how do I get there? Thanks for any pointers!

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
I just finished and ended up on the Sadie solo route, which pissed me off completely. I'd been with Heidi/Athena and everything was going great, I thought I'd end up with HAS. But it just completely
and there's zero closure whatsoever, even though it was obvious I'd knocked up Heidi.

Is there even a HAS route at all? If so, how do I get there? Thanks for any pointers!
Nah, for groups there's only Heidi/Athena, Heidi/Sadie, HAM (Heidi/Athena/Mora), and MASH (Mora/Athena/Sadie/Heidi)

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023

There is no HAS route.

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes