Feb 28, 2023
The game crashes on start up. I get the initial loading display, 6 women that fills with color. After that completes the game crashes with the following error:
X Error of failed request: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
Major opcode of failed request: 18 (X_ChangeProperty)
Serial number of failed request: 661
Current serial number in output stream: 661
I am using Ubuntu 22.04.04

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Unfortunately it is. Every single song in the current game will have to be taken out for the Steam launch. Super fucking frustrating.
No royalty free or nothing to replace them at all?

The game crashes on start up. I get the initial loading display, 6 women that fills with color. After that completes the game crashes with the following error:
X Error of failed request: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
Major opcode of failed request: 18 (X_ChangeProperty)
Serial number of failed request: 661
Current serial number in output stream: 661
I am using Ubuntu 22.04.04
There is a fix on the previous pages, something to do with one of the images, and needs resized. Search Linux and it should come right up.

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
The update is amazing, saccharine in a good way. I could not stop laughing at the babies, DAZ babies and children are some of the ugliest little monsters I have ever seen, it's clear a lot of work was put into making them at least presentable.
Can't pick a favourite ending, which is a solid indicator that the endings were all made with great love and care.
Well done Storm and Slockie
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Regis NEX

Feb 19, 2019
Wow, all those endings... Just wow. I know we're here to fap, but bravo on the writing for this game. I felt scared about Valeria near the very end, but damn.. I love it!

Reactions: YamiSHN

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
After finishing all the endings I still like Val's ending the most. It would be a 10/10 imo if the kid was rendered a bit better and the line of dialog "while your wife remains beautiful... you can see that time is taking its toll" wasn't there. Been less than a year since the marriage and for the MC to think that makes them seem like a massive douche. Like bruh, it's your newly wed wife. She's about to turn 50, not knocking at deaths door.

Jun 16, 2022
I didn't play the update yet, but I dreaded that this day would come. At least Bare Witness didn't become abandoned like so many other good projects. Let's dive in.

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
There's pregnancy on Heidi/Athena throuple path.
man I hate to prove you wrong :ROFLMAO:
Oh... I guess someone didn't cum inside enough in Ch1-4 then? There was no pregnancy or (obviously, therefore) kids in my HA throuple save. Good to see even more variation then, maybe that means I have to do another, full run? (Just checked and my Sancho MiniStat for that save says "0" for Cum inside Heidi :p

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Oh... I guess someone didn't cum inside enough in Ch1-4 then? There was no pregnancy or (obviously, therefore) kids in my HA throuple save. Good to see even more variation then, maybe that means I have to do another, full run? (Just checked and my Sancho MiniStat for that save says "0" for Cum inside Heidi :p
Looks like you have some work to do. Drink lots of fluids.

TribalJOB

Jun 5, 2020
Hi there.
For Linux users, before launching the game, you need to resize the "game/gui/BWLogoMenuWindow2.png" image.
The image being the window logo and measuring 4168x4167, the X11 graphics server doesn't like it at all.
To fix the inevitable crash when launching the game, I resized the image to 1000x1000.
That fixed the problem.
I have attached the resized image if you don't know or don't want to do it yourself.
Sancho1969, maybe this is a fix that you can integrate into your mod?
I will report the bug on the AlterWorld discord.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi there.
For Linux users, before launching the game, you need to resize the "game/gui/BWLogoMenuWindow2.png" image.
The image being the window logo and measuring 4168x4167, the X11 graphics server doesn't like it at all.
To fix the inevitable crash when launching the game, I resized the image to 1000x1000.
That fixed the problem.
I have attached the resized image if you don't know or don't want to do it yourself.
Sancho1969, maybe this is a fix that you can integrate into your mod?
I will report the bug on the AlterWorld discord.
Hmmm.... I'm not denying the issue that fixed something on your end but I had zero issue installing on my steam deck (obviously linux OS too). It is too small though when rendered on screen (the image is too high a resolution therefore scales improperly). Regardless, I highly suggest a 512x512 or smaller imo... that's the most compatible regarding final icon sizing amongst all apps.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Game crashes if I even have my xbox controller plugged in. Unfortunate since I prefer to play with controller.
OK, so it isn't just me having this problem.
See post a few pages back here... actually on second thought read that whole convo between joetherecluse and myself that starts here. Although I will admit that the 00gltest RenPy script is responsible for game controller functionality as well, forcing the resolution just might resolve the "name" error on it's own since the renderer is initialized BEFORE the controller is via RenPy.

4.50 star(s) 238 Votes