RPGM Onhold Barkeeper [v0.11c] [Eventidegames]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Bugs, comments, and suggestions. v0.04, with the image from post 79 added (going by the changelog and comments, that'd be the same downloading 0.04a?). Plenty of these will be due to it being a WIP, but including everything since it's impossible to know for sure what is intentional and what is overlooked.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, I've been going through this fixing a bunch of issues. I'll go over a few things.

To get massages you are meant to interact with the cloth, I should probably change that to just touch or even just allow you to enter the room and speak to the woman.

Souls weren't equipable because I had only given them limited function and forgot to give Steph the ability to equip that equipment type.

No bra is a very low chance, so it's really RNG, should raise it a bit so that people actually get it more often.

Chapter 2 requires you to pay off your debt to your aunt down to below 80k, debt was supposed to be working, I'll see why it's not. That will unlock her being in the city and allowing you to progress. I need to balance things because that is quite a huge sum without the other planned content which allows you to earn more money.

Debug room is probably buggy because I keep changing things around without debugging the debug room, that's probably gonna bite me later.

Rules should be permanent, since the only way to turn them off is to change the rule, while they are called rules they are more like guidelines, there's still a chance to get the other scenes, it's just heavily weighted.

Most talk's don't work because I haven't sat down and given everyone lines, I'll be working on that for the next update.
Also considered most of your advice and have changed a bunch of things up for quality of life.

Nyctophoia123

May 20, 2018
Looking forward to future progress! Game has real potential. Also this is literally the first time I've commented on something after being on here a long time, so definetly caught my interest. Good Luck!

21dsd

Oct 31, 2017
Bros, can u guys plz tell me r the sex scene animated or normal image?
Tnx in advance

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I think the bath house got some bugs: When I go to take the bath the old man said I need to pay 50G but when I click on Yes he said "Uh...you need to actually pay, come back when you actually put in some work" despite I have like 315G. I test on the massage room and it work fine, so I think you need to fix it

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
I think the bath house got some bugs: When I go to take the bath the old man said I need to pay 50G but when I click on Yes he said "Uh...you need to actually pay, come back when you actually put in some work" despite I have like 315G. I test on the massage room and it work fine, so I think you need to fix it
Whoops, used the wrong variable, uploading hotfix now, will likely be on itch before here.

Reactions: James Eveleth

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Whoops, used the wrong variable, uploading hotfix now, will likely be on itch before here.
Not just that but I want to ask: How many type of costumes could you change now? I bought swimsuit in a store but when I go to another old woman store and order her swimsuit (cut), I could bought it for 150G and saw it in storage. But when go to the bar to change clothes I could only use the first one and not the (cut) one
Beside that, what kind of festival could you done so far? I walk to the board and saw that there are many festival like "Beach Party", "Maid party", "Nude party",... but it need to have permit from the mayor's secretary. But when I go there and click on request it didn't have anything yet, was they not implemented yet?

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Not just that but I want to ask: How many type of costumes could you change now? I bought swimsuit in a store but when I go to another old woman store and order her swimsuit (cut), I could bought it for 150G and saw it in storage. But when go to the bar to change clothes I could only use the first one and not the (cut) one
Beside that, what kind of festival could you done so far? I walk to the board and saw that there are many festival like "Beach Party", "Maid party", "Nude party",... but it need to have permit from the mayor's secretary. But when I go there and click on request it didn't have anything yet, was they not implemented yet?
Right now the tailor isn't implemented yet, and only the beer festival permit is available as it's the tutorial permit. Next update should have the tailors first costumes and some more permits implemented.

Reactions: thevoid089

metzner

Feb 22, 2020
I have to say: I see a lot of potential here.

The idea of a former female soldier becoming a waitress is quite appealing.
With other words: from badass to lusty slut. I like it.

But I have some suggestions for your game too

First the most objective point:
At the moment we don´t have a clear development of the mc in the game. I have no idea how high the corruption level is and what are the requirements for certain actions and clothes. A bit more transparancy would be a good thing.

Then I have very subjective points to mention:
- The corruption level of the mc is too high in the beginning. At the moment this is clearly understandable because we are still at a early phase of the game development. But later, when there is more content, you should take a slower pace into consideration.

I don´t know what you have planned for the game, but I´m big a fan of corrupting powerful women, so I would love
to see the mc becoming more and submissive, losing her strength as fighter in the process.
Maybe even the fairy? barkeeper could be more and more dominant and take over the bar.
This could be an optional path, for example.

As I said before these are very subjective points and it is your game in the end.
You know best what fits or not.
These are just my five cents

Looking forward to the next update.

Btw: I became a patreon of you today, because I like your game and your idea so much

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Partial bug list for 0.06a
Progression stopped by a game breaker, no viable workaround found. Evidence of an old gamebreaker still being around as well, but didn't test that much.

Bugs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Eventidegames

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Partial bug list for 0.06a
Progression stopped by a game breaker, no viable workaround found. Evidence of an old gamebreaker still being around as well, but didn't test that much.

Bugs:
Thank you for all of your bugtesting, part of the problems came from a crash on my computer causing files to go back to an earlier date, so Variables were changed. I'll be working on a fix in the meantime.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Debt seems to be broken in 0.07, preventing moving to chapter 2
Seems the switch accidentally got deleted that switches it, fixing now. Uploading now, hotfix here. Place inside www/data folder.

Last edited:

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
Hate to break it to you but I don't think that fix worked. Just started a new game and she still says I owe 0 then I pay any amount and she says I owe 100k.

Banshee96

Jan 27, 2019
Ooh, new update!

DL'd newest version, threw in hotfix, checked with the aunt, can confirm that the 0 gold owed bug is still there. I pulled the Map003 from your Patreon btw.

...Also, may I also recommend changing the show/hide text box hotkey from Shift to another button? It kinda sucks to sprint to bed (force o' habit) and then wonder why I can't get out of option selection, lol.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Ooh, new update!

DL'd newest version, threw in hotfix, checked with the aunt, can confirm that the 0 gold owed bug is still there. I pulled the Map003 from your Patreon btw.

...Also, may I also recommend changing the show/hide text box hotkey from Shift to another button? It kinda sucks to sprint to bed (force o' habit) and then wonder why I can't get out of option selection, lol.
I found the problem, turns out a few variables are set wrong, will fix as soon as possible.

Reactions: Bakkalon

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Alright, game should be functional now, don't know how things keep breaking when I don't even change them.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes