RPGM Onhold Barkeeper [v0.11c] [Eventidegames]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

KinksterKitty

Jul 28, 2017
Best of luck to you! Just a quick question, will this one be in 2D art, or like 3d Renders?

If you answered this question before, I apologise :/

Jul 9, 2017
Uhh... I clicked on this because "Barkeeper" is morphologically incorrect and ended up finding the forest fire.

Hey, developer, "Barkeep" is already a Noun referring to the person in charge of, or tending to, a bar. You don't add the -er suffix to it because it already is a Noun. A "BarkeepER" would be someone who makes?? creates?? Barkeeps.

And now's when I'll be mean and a big bulli and say: When the title, the very first thing you see of a game is already wrong, well...

User4862

May 26, 2019
Uhh... I clicked on this because "Barkeeper" is morphologically incorrect and ended up finding the forest fire.

Hey, developer, "Barkeep" is already a Noun referring to the person in charge of, or tending to, a bar. You don't add the -er suffix to it because it already is a Noun. A "BarkeepER" would be someone who makes?? creates?? Barkeeps.

And now's when I'll be mean and a big bulli and say: When the title, the very first thing you see of a game is already wrong, well...
when someones being a jerk about someone elses spelling/grammar/punctuation/general-language-usage, and their own insult contains an error, well...

Last edited:

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Best of luck to you! Just a quick question, will this one be in 2D art, or like 3d Renders?

If you answered this question before, I apologise :/
This particular game will just be 2D art, I prefer it for most games, though I do have a plan for a game later that will use 3d but that will have to wait until this game is nearing completion.

Reactions: KinksterKitty

tyhke3131

Apr 21, 2019
Is there any sexual scene? I guess no. 'cause there are just 2 scene at bar and those are not sexual.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Is there any sexual scene? I guess no. 'cause there are just 2 scene at bar and those are not sexual.
yes, at the moment there are no sex scenes, hoping to add something soon, though the art will likely take a while.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
So have you made any other games that would give you somewhat of an idea of how long this will take you to do? Definitely watching this one but might wait a couple of versions before testing it out.

My only particular desire would be a good split between scenes where the main character has agency over what sex she has and then many scenes where she's...maybe not forced but pushed in to it and accepts.
A good balance between her being a horny whore and people lusting after her.

In games I like to push characters until they force themselves on the MC, it's pretty fun.

Anyway, good luck to you!

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
So have you made any other games that would give you somewhat of an idea of how long this will take you to do? Definitely watching this one but might wait a couple of versions before testing it out.

My only particular desire would be a good split between scenes where the main character has agency over what sex she has and then many scenes where she's...maybe not forced but pushed in to it and accepts.
A good balance between her being a horny whore and people lusting after her.

In games I like to push characters until they force themselves on the MC, it's pretty fun.

Anyway, good luck to you!
This is my first solo development project, so I have no I idea how long it will take or even how big I'm going to make the game, one of the main holdups is art since I am the type that will continuously add things to the game between updates without art to keep busy.

I plan to try to balance events where the main character has a choice and where after a certain point in the story she no longer needs to choose(for example weekend events will more depend on the state of your outfit instead of customer actions, like wearing a micro-bikini to the beach party basically means you're going to be very naughty) though this game has harassment I prefer to have everything be on Steph the main characters terms, she's a retired soldier who could probably throw anyone through a wall, it wouldn't make sense for her to be forced into an interaction but rather coerced.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
I prefer to have everything be on Steph the main characters terms, she's a retired soldier who could probably throw anyone through a wall, it wouldn't make sense for her to be forced into an interaction but rather coerced.
Yeah that's cool, I don't mind rapey stuff so long as it's not really hardcore but it's much more exciting seeing a woman choose to be naughty, even if she didn't exactly ask to have some grab her boobs.

Sounds like you have a reasonable plan anyway just don't add too many things, played a hentai game recently and good God the FPS, so many meters on screen, weather effects and pop-up animations that you can hardly play it...(I mention because it's RPGM)

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Yeah that's cool, I don't mind rapey stuff so long as it's not really hardcore but it's much more exciting seeing a woman choose to be naughty, even if she didn't exactly ask to have some grab her boobs.

Sounds like you have a reasonable plan anyway just don't add too many things, played a hentai game recently and good God the FPS, so many meters on screen, weather effects and pop-up animations that you can hardly play it...(I mention because it's RPGM)
That's kinda the point of the story, she's very reserved at first but fine with sex and advances, but as the story goes on she becomes more open to the experiences and may actually pursue/offer herself more. I have a lot planned, but I've tried to keep it reasonable, the story won't be very long and a lot of the content will be the interactions you have in the world rather than through the story which I'm mainly using to slowly move the player into sluttification(I don't want you offering blowjobs day 2 of working in the bar).

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Bug list (demo 3)
Clothing shop - knight armor can be sold there (assuming that isn't intended)
Clothing shop - Trying on costumes - warps you to the bar after changing. This can cause the player to end up skipping the bar intro. SImilar issue with the mirror for poses in the other clothing shop.
Town hall - Lacks a door graphic (layering issue?), transition still works.
Aunt's house - many 'solid' objects aren't set as impassable
Baths/Onsen - steam is set as impassable
Bar - costumes - no option for modified knight costume (possibly intended?)
Bar - working a shift - ends witht he message saying "The day ended uneventful", even when you still have the option of working a second shift. May want to change that to "The shift ended uneventfully:
Massage parlor - no exit

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Bug list (demo 3)
Clothing shop - Trying on costumes - warps you to the bar after changing. This can cause the player to end up skipping the bar intro. SImilar issue with the mirror for poses in the other clothing shop.
Bar - working a shift - ends witht he message saying "The day ended uneventful", even when you still have the option of working a second shift. May want to change that to "The shift ended uneventfully:
Massage parlor - no exit
Thank you for reporting these, the shops aren't done so I'm not surprised I left a costume in there. The warp must have been left over from me copying the bars script and I forgot to remove that. the altered knight costume should be selectable if you select the knights costume, though there's no way to get it yet. Yeah the text should be changed since the day can have two shifts now. Oh and the town hall is intentional, you go up the stairs to get to the doors.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Bug list (demo 3)
Massage parlor - no exit
Okay, I've settled most bugs thanks to this.
Clothing shop teleportation is fixed, aunts house tileset is not properly set to not allow you to walk up walls, steam is both passable and animated now, modified knight costume actually doesn't appear until you own it(I forgot I wanted to have some costumes have different states, like the barmaid will be able to have tits out, etc), massage parlor can now be exited(did you know the floor and the no tile image are very similar, I didn't which is why I missed it). end of shifts now have different text.

Only other thing is the knight armor isn't sold at the clothing shop, in any of them, so I don't know how to fix that.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Only other thing is the knight armor isn't sold at the clothing shop, in any of them, so I don't know how to fix that.
I may have worded that poorly, the knight costume (starter item) can be sold to the shop for 150 if you choose the 'sell' option.

Also may be worth modifying the shops so they'll only sell the outfits a single time. Isn't a big deal currently, especially since most don't have images and are currently set as costing 0, but once things get more developed it will make purchasing outfits a bit more player friendly by removing the ability to waste money accidentally buying doubles. Alternativly, it could be interesting to have both modified and non-modified versions of costumes (if they're being changed by a tailor, it doesn't make sense that you'd be able to revert back without another outfit), so it may actually be something you DO want to keep.

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
There's an improvement in the art but still... The 3rd screen, what's wrong with her legs? :/ But You're on a good track for sure!

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
I may have worded that poorly, the knight costume (starter item) can be sold to the shop for 150 if you choose the 'sell' option.

Also may be worth modifying the shops so they'll only sell the outfits a single time. Isn't a big deal currently, especially since most don't have images and are currently set as costing 0, but once things get more developed it will make purchasing outfits a bit more player friendly by removing the ability to waste money accidentally buying doubles. Alternativly, it could be interesting to have both modified and non-modified versions of costumes (if they're being changed by a tailor, it doesn't make sense that you'd be able to revert back without another outfit), so it may actually be something you DO want to keep.
Actually the idea about the tailor is the she's not just modifiying the costumes, but redesigning them from scratch, so you get to keep both versions. You're right about the sell option though, i'll fix that by the next release.

EroDollRP

Oct 23, 2018
Okay, I've settled most bugs thanks to this.
Clothing shop teleportation is fixed, aunts house tileset is not properly set to not allow you to walk up walls, steam is both passable and animated now, modified knight costume actually doesn't appear until you own it(I forgot I wanted to have some costumes have different states, like the barmaid will be able to have tits out, etc), massage parlor can now be exited(did you know the floor and the no tile image are very similar, I didn't which is why I missed it). end of shifts now have different text.

I downloaded this today and ensured I was playing the most current version, I'm still unable to exit the massage parlor.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes