albul

Jun 8, 2017
One piece of feedback: the combat needs some work, it happens way too often that i press spacebar and Patrik just stands there and doesn't raise his shield. It's especially egregious on the island fight (Timor or however he's called) where it takes just two hits to lose the fight (and the save spot is far-away, so you have to sit through the same dialogue every time you retry the fight just to see Patrik just standing there like a moron and getting two-shot).

Before anyone asks, yes, I know about the fast forward feature, but it still takes a while and for some reason it auto-pauses from time to time (even if there are no choices), so you have to baby-sit, otherwise it gets stuck.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
One piece of feedback: the combat needs some work, it happens way too often that i press spacebar and Patrik just stands there and doesn't raise his shield. It's especially egregious on the island fight (Timor or however he's called) where it takes just two hits to lose the fight (and the save spot is far-away, so you have to sit through the same dialogue every time you retry the fight just to see Patrik just standing there like a moron and getting two-shot).

Before anyone asks, yes, I know about the fast forward feature, but it still takes a while and for some reason it auto-pauses from time to time (even if there are no choices), so you have to baby-sit, otherwise it gets stuck.
Thanks for the feedback. For sure, I have not revised combat in 4 years. Now with the engine update I have to check all the systems and... well, everything. I'm going to take a look to the combat and see If I find some room for improvement. (I coded it in an evening after all). But yeah... beyond that problem, That fight is meant to be lost, generally.

Reactions: albul

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. For sure, I have not revised combat in 4 years. Now with the engine update I have to check all the systems and... well, everything. I'm going to take a look to the combat and see If I find some room for improvement. (I coded it in an evening after all). But yeah... beyond that problem, That fight is meant to be lost, generally.
Oh, didn't know it was meant to be lost, I finally won after like 8-10 tries (stopped counting) :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: maroder

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Oh, didn't know it was meant to be lost, I finally won after like 8-10 tries (stopped counting) :ROFLMAO:
XD Sure, would be quite unfair if you need to win that. (But some players can with ease... It gives a Steam achivement xD). In BFL if a situation looks too unfair, is probably because the normal expected outcome is to lose there, as the story is going to continue either way.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
I finished the Hartlepool quest, and I have less than 70 points with Belinda, is there a way to increase them at that point for Belinda's special scenes, or is that just not available anymore?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I finished the Hartlepool quest, and I have less than 70 points with Belinda, is there a way to increase them at that point for Belinda's special scenes, or is that just not available anymore?
In Warpath getting to 70 is easy, in Diplopath hard, but achiveable if you have not screwed up many dialogues. It is posible to lock her up in this version tho, in Diplopath, making many bad decisions about her.

(As both path are quite enjoyable, in this case is always recommended having a save for each path, at least to see it once)

albul

Jun 8, 2017
In Warpath getting to 70 is easy, in Diplopath hard, but achiveable if you have not screwed up many dialogues. It is posible to lock her up in this version tho, in Diplopath, making many bad decisions about her.

(As both path are quite enjoyable, in this case is always recommended having a save for each path, at least to see it once)
I tried taking all the Belinda+ choices on the diplopath, but I couldn't get it to 70, don't know what I missed (I checked the walkthough, but i assume it's out of date). Or at least, I think i got it to 70, and then got -10 for taking the diplo path, and pushed me back under. Is there a way to check the actual values? All i can find is the relationship bars, that don't actually tell a specific value.

Last question, since I think I managed to go through all the other content. Is Robin supposed to have more sex scenes beyond the first one? The changelog mentions some new scenes with her, don't know if that is only about introducing Dexter or there's more. Also, the changelog mentions that Robin should be at the tavern during the day on some days, but she's never there. Is that bugged or something?

Last edited:

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I tried taking all the Belinda+ choices on the diplopath, but I couldn't get it to 70, don't know what I missed (I checked the walkthough, but i assume it's out of date). Or at least, I think i got it to 70, and then got -10 for taking the diplo path, and pushed me back under. Is there a way to check the actual values? All i can find is the relationship bars, that don't actually tell a specific value.

Last question, since I think I managed to go through all the other content. Is Robin supposed to have more sex scenes beyond the first one? The changelog mentions some new scenes with her, don't know if that is only about introducing Dexter or there's more. Also, the changelog mentions that Robin should be at the tavern during the day on some days, but she's never there. Is that bugged or something?
As said, probably Belinda would not available on that playthru, in this version. On 0.25 with the new location open, there will be purchasable extra items to make the game a little bit easier with some characters based on humor.

If you have finished Hartlepool now, There is still some Leffrin scenes, a meanwhile scene more at least, and finishing Kaelkirk at least.
Robin has a big quantity of scenes, she's not there because you're on the first steps with her. (Now that I think of, you can see that in the Romance tracker, that you have available content with her).

I have the feeling you may be not yet seeing many content, Lots of stuff are easy to miss without the romance tracker fully active and not having followed each content update. Even the Old Romance tracker can give you clues if you had not unlocked each side content.

I understand without the new romance tracker with all options unlocked may be hard to find or even know if there is content; a problem that will be progressively fixed in the next two updates.

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes