VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
What exactly is the bug you are getting because I have been playing day06 for three weeks and haven't gotten a workout bug or had an issue with Francine on day06 yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's just two of the bugs I found that I couldn't fix myself. The first was an undefined variable at the very morning of day 6 and the other was a sex scene image that was misnamed.

sjackson3939

Dec 23, 2017

And that's just two of the bugs I found that I couldn't fix myself. The first was an undefined variable at the very morning of day 6 and the other was a sex scene image that was misnamed.
The first error is clear and seems east to fix it looks like your script got corrupted and lost a 6 so it says jump francinefastfuckday0c it should say francinefastfuckday06c so add a 6 to what should be line 20297 in the script and you shouldn't have an error.

The second one looks tougher because that label doesn't exist in day06 or day05 as far as I can tell.

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017

Well, the first I specifically fixed I'm pretty sure in my updated script on page 213, I'll look into the second one.
For the undefined variables, that's because you are playing from an incompatible save. I'm afraid I had to add a couple of extra variables at the beginning of day05 for day06. You can however bypass this issue by defining the variables as True or False int he console depending on what you remember doing on day05 (they are usually self-explanatory)...

sjackson3939

Dec 23, 2017
has there been a bugfix release yet?
It doesn't quite work like that, Tim normally emails patreons of updated scripts and then posts them here or on his blog. so yes and no there have been updated scripts for at least three weeks. Tim posted an updated script a few pages ago.

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017

Here's an updated script06 to fix those.

Tiberii

Feb 19, 2019
How can I fix this error (I tried to install script06rpu), but the error did not disappear?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'Day6/chantellefuckmovie.jpg'>:
File "game/script06.rpy", line 4718, in script
scene chantellefuckmovie with dissolve
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Day6/chantellefuckmovie.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1275, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1381, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2096, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2526, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2883, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1955, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 427, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6806)
rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
File "renpy/display/accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:2027)
cr = render(child, widtho, heighto, st - self.child_st_base, at)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 387, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 208, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 473, in render
im = cache.get(self)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 524, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 543, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Battle of the Bulges 0.6

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
How can I fix this error (I tried to install script06rpu), but the error did not disappear?

Try and make an effort to understand these error messages, it's not that hard. It's telling you it can't find a file called "chantellefuckmovie.jpg". Since it's a .jpg, it's clearly an image.
I'll grant you it's my mistake for not naming it correctly, but there is clearly an image in the image folder for day6 (a subfolder of the folder game/images) that is called "chantellefuckmovie01.jpg", and therefore, the 01 is clearly not correct. So just rename that file and drop the 01 at the end and then your game will not have a problem "finding" the new correct file "chantellefuckmovie.jpg".

Tiberii

Feb 19, 2019
[QUOTE = "timdonehy200, post: 1741953, member: 47876"] Постарайтесь понять эти сообщения об ошибках, это не так сложно. Он говорит вам, что не может найти файл с именем "chantellefuckmovie.jpg". Так как это .jpg, это явно изображение.
Очевидно, что есть изображение, которое называется chantellefuckmovie01.jpg, и, следовательно, 01 явно не правильно. Просто переименуйте этот файл и добавьте его в конец, и тогда у вас не будет проблем с «поиском» нового правильного файла «chantellefuckmovie.jpg». [/ QUOTE]

yes it works, thanks

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
[QUOTE = "zapallbugs, post: 1739703, member: 743845"] В корне игры должен быть файл traceback.txt. Опубликовать это. [/ QUOTE]

Here is this file: but I had other errors

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1275, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1381, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2096, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2526, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2883, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1955, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 427, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6806)
rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:2027)
cr = render(child, widtho, heighto, st - self.child_st_base, at)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 387, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 208, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 473, in render
im = cache.get(self)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 524, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 543, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Battle of the Bulges 0.6
This is a file name error. Tim just sent this to patrons:

IF, and only IF, it turns out you have in the folder game/images/day6 a file called "chantellefuckmovie01.jpg" (which might be the case, depending on which version of the game I sent over the last few weeks you are using...), please rename it to "chantellefuckmovie.jpg"

Let's see about the other errors.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
What exactly is the bug you are getting because I have been playing day06 for three weeks and haven't gotten a workout bug or had an issue with Francine on day06 yet.
I can confirm that. For the last week I have only found cosmetic textual issues. The heavily used paths have been tested fairly well by the patrons. It is only when you get to exotic stuff (like visiting the lifeguard tower for the first time on day 6) that you get into untested waters.

Tiberii

Feb 19, 2019
This is a file name error. Tim just sent this to patrons:

IF, and only IF, it turns out you have in the folder game/images/day6 a file called "chantellefuckmovie01.jpg" (which might be the case, depending on which version of the game I sent over the last few weeks you are using...), please rename it to "chantellefuckmovie.jpg"

Давайте посмотрим на другие ошибки. [/ QUOTE]

Thanks, I corrected the mistake you wrote about, but there were others, for example (if I find other errors, I'll send them to you):

While running game code:
File "game/script06.rpy", line 26165, in script
annasprite "At least, I have my son who is also hung like a horse and not a tired little wimp like you..."
Exception: Sayer 'annasprite' is not defined.

Full traceback:
File "game/script06.rpy", line 26165, in script
annasprite "At least, I have my son who is also hung like a horse and not a tired little wimp like you..."
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 593, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "C:\Program Files\BattleoftheBulges-06-pc\BattleoftheBulges-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 509, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'annasprite' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Battle of the Bulges 0.6

if I find other errors, I'll send them to you

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Ugh! That's a bug that was fixed some time ago. Something obviously went wrong there at the dev's side.
But is is easy to fix. Change to 'an annasprite' all the places where there is only 'annasprite' in script06.rpy. I think there is 5 or 6 occurences of this. Look some lines after 'label AnnaRoomDay06:'.

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes