VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

waldo1

Jan 21, 2019
Day 6 is the current end of the game. More days are still in development. 4 girls at the end of day 6 is not really a good effort. Search the thread, there are walkthroughs and published paths all over the place that may give you ideas how to do better when you try again.
I don't know how that happened, but I've never had a run without nine or ten. It should be an accomplishment to only get a few girls!

Reactions: Canto Forte

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I don't know how that happened, but I've never had a run without nine or ten. It should be an accomplishment to only get a few girls!
I wondered what the low point would be. For the fun of it I did day 1 getting as few points a possible. Surprise, I ended up with -2 points (see screens). Now I wonder if it would be possible to get to the end of day 6 without getting any girls. Or would it be inevitable that you get at least some by then? (Now Tim, don't go reading this and inventing an ending where José wins. No sane person would do that:p)

D

Deleted member 800965

For the sake of the argument, though, it is probable that Jose wins even when player does his best, but has no clues on what's best (or doesn't reload). Jose gets a fixed amount of points distributed to any girls randomly? Contested girls randomly? Not sure about actual mechanics, but I think that by the end of Day 7 (i.e. next version) it's totally possible for him to score some 6 to 8 girls, maybe 10 even, while the MC may be unlucky or clueless enough to score just one less. If the dev's design decision is to railroad MC to victory, he better add some safeguards so it would actually play out like that.

On another note: does anyone know (from patreon posts or whatever) when the game will end in in-game time? The next version, Saturday midnight? Sunday 6pm? Sunday midnight?

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
For the sake of the argument, though, it is probable that Jose wins even when player does his best, but has no clues on what's best (or doesn't reload). Jose gets a fixed amount of points distributed to any girls randomly? Contested girls randomly? Not sure about actual mechanics, but I think that by the end of Day 7 (i.e. next version) it's totally possible for him to score some 6 to 8 girls, maybe 10 even, while the MC may be unlucky or clueless enough to score just one less. If the dev's design decision is to railroad MC to victory, he better add some safeguards so it would actually play out like that.

On another note: does anyone know (from patreon posts or whatever) when the game will end in in-game time? The next version, Saturday midnight? Sunday 6pm? Sunday midnight?
No argument, I think it is pretty preordained that the MC wins. See my paths here
https://f95zone.to/threads/battle-of-the-bulges-v0-61-epiclust.5528/page-234#post-1868144
The break-even is 12 girls, so anything above 12 is a win. José has three problems:
- he pursues girls randomly, instead of focusing on some until he gets them
- he keeps wasting effort on girls that are already a win for the MC
- he gets considerably less points (about 100 less by the end of day 6) than the MC
I am not sure the dev designed for all this, but it is surely how it worked out. Unless he plans on giving José huge blocks of point on days 7 and 8 I can see no way José has any chance to win.
As to the end of the game, it is day 8, Sunday. Most likely somewhere in the afternoon after the swim contest. No more info than that, and I am a $20 patron and alpha-tester.

Last edited:

btsgdw

Mar 4, 2019
I need help, my game is not showing the red and green bars. Anybody know what I can do?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I need help, my game is not showing the red and green bars. Anybody know what I can do?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What version is this? The official shipment with the v0.6.1 update, or with some mod on top? Anyway check for the files screens.rpy/rpyc in the dir <BotB-root>\game. If you have both rename the .rpyc to .rpycold to have it newly compiled on a new execution of the game. Does that solve it?

btsgdw

Mar 4, 2019
What version is this? The official shipment with the v0.6.1 update, or with some mod on top? Anyway check for the files screens.rpy/rpyc in the dir <BotB-root>\game. If you have both rename the .rpyc to .rpycold to have it newly compiled on a new execution of the game. Does that solve it?
No, it's still the same :(

I only use Anti-CHeat MOD, but I installed the MOD a few hours ago. this is the second time I download the game, I downloaded first in version 6.0 and already came without the green and red bars. after a while I downloaded the game again with the patch for 6.1, it still did not work.

sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
No, it's still the same :(

I only use Anti-CHeat MOD, but I installed the MOD a few hours ago. this is the second time I download the game, I downloaded first in version 6.0 and already came without the green and red bars. after a while I downloaded the game again with the patch for 6.1, it still did not work.

sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil
Your English is understanable enough. Don't worry I am not a native English speaker myself. Did you have the bars on previous versions of the game, or have you never seen them? What are you running on, Windows something? If you did a new clean install to a new directory it should work. If it doesn't I suspect some weird interaction with your system video. Anything out of the ordinary on your system you can think of?

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes