VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Their Patreon says $10 patrons got it on the 21st and that $10 patrons get it a week early. So I would've thought today or tomorrow, but I've only been playing since after the last update, don't actually know if that's reliable.

gianNnaig

Jun 16, 2018
@timdonehy200
Just reporting this little issue: on the v0.5 I got kicked out the game due to cheating cause i’ve beat the lifeguard on day 5 with 10 Strength even if it’s legit to have that amount on that day :(

Ps.: really amazing work! Keep it up mate

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
@timdonehy200
Just reporting this little issue: on the v0.5 I got kicked out the game due to cheating cause i’ve beat the lifeguard on day 5 with 10 Strength even if it’s legit to have that amount on that day :(

Ps.: really amazing work! Keep it up mate
Ah sorry, thanks for reporting that....

Reactions: EpicBulge

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Their Patreon says $10 patrons got it on the 21st and that $10 patrons get it a week early. So I would've thought today or tomorrow, but I've only been playing since after the last update, don't actually know if that's reliable.
The complete schedule was:
$20 tue jan 15
$10 sun jan 20
$5 sat jan 26
So Tim has remarkably short weeks:D:D:D
So I stand by my prediction: public on fri feb 1. Of course Tim now has an opportunity to prove me wrong....

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
I think it has more to do with the fact the game has been delayed for a month and he feel (wrongly) guilty about that. I am a 5$ patron and i personnally won't feel cheated if he release the game to the public earlier than a week after i get it. He has complete control over when it get release and to who he chose. I'll support him for this game no matter what because this game has given me so much pleasure the past few month *wink wink*

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I think it has more to do with the fact the game has been delayed for a month and he feel (wrongly) guilty about that.
No, I don't think that's it. He was fast on V0.4 too. If you look back in the Patreon you can see that he had 6-day weeks then as well. As he doesn't use Patreon for distribution he can do what *bleep* pleases him.

sjackson3939

Dec 23, 2017
Quick question about the v0.5 is it still ok to carry over saves from0.4 or better to start over?
It's probably gonna depend. I had no issues continuing with old save, but some have suggested new variables means best to replay. Then of course if you haven't worked on the last points for newly available girls may be worth it to restart and gurantee you get them.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
It's probably gonna depend. I had no issues continuing with old save, but some have suggested new variables means best to replay. Then of course if you haven't worked on the last points for newly available girls may be worth it to restart and gurantee you get them.
Saves from v0.4 are a good starting point to have a lookaround in day 5. But as you have to revisit decisions taken in the previous days anyway you are better off starting from scratch. I have found that many decisions that seemed optimal on day 4 are blocking things on day 5. When v0.5 goes public on friday I will publish a number of paths that I have been working on for the last three weeks. There are quite some differences to my published paths for V.04. One of the technical defects of saves is that the inventory will not work before day 5 due to lacking variables for pills introduced on day 5.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The replay value of the game resides in the contender who is the standing champion at charming girls because he gets random hits. Every play through gets him different girls and locks them for the MC. There are whole runs posted in the thread.

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Saves from v0.4 are a good starting point to have a lookaround in day 5. But as you have to revisit decisions taken in the previous days anyway you are better off starting from scratch. I have found that many decisions that seemed optimal on day 4 are blocking things on day 5. When v0.5 goes public on friday I will publish a number of paths that I have been working on for the last three weeks. There are quite some differences to my published paths for V.04. One of the technical defects of saves is that the inventory will not work before day 5 due to lacking variables for pills introduced on day 5.
But that should be the only thing really that doesn't work. So a save from the end of day04 should carry over nicely into day05 without errors I believe.

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018

Thanks, i'll probably just start over then.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
But that should be the only thing really that doesn't work. So a save from the end of day04 should carry over nicely into day05 without errors I believe.
I did get an error from a Day 4 carry over, I was able to ignore it, but unfortunately can't get the error again (it was something about Jose's count) since that computer died and I lost all the game progress.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I did get an error from a Day 4 carry over, I was able to ignore it, but unfortunately can't get the error again (it was something about Jose's count) since that computer died and I lost all the game progress.
So you had to start from scratch again. Best choice anyway. Even though Tim takes pains to keep saves (mostly) working you are better off to start from scratch for each new day delivered. I explained why in previous posts. Just one example, if you didn't think to visit Anna on Randy Beach on day 2 it is impossible to make her epiclust on day 5. For Chiyo you may even have to go back to day 1 to get the three poinst for her there, instead of collecting $10 from her.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I usually end up starting again anyway because its short, and its fun to look around at the ladies one more time.
Getting the scenes is easy if you cheat their stats, and I used to keep one save for that so I could check out all the hot scenes before going back and trying again with the ones I really like and want to see. There are so many diverging paths that Tim makes the game for replayability, which I think is sadly lacking in most games these days anyway.

JessicaBelle

Dec 21, 2017
Hello Tim I know you said you should releashing the game to public very soon i wanted to know if its possible to you to give the french version version francaise of your game at the same time you doing an incrredible great work and i would enjoy to understand it in my native languege thank you very much and have a good day to you and all fans around the worlds that follow you !!!

Reactions: jolann
4.40 star(s) 127 Votes