VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I noticed a slightly faster point gain.

In my very first run, he unfortunately got two of the new ones almost immediately on Monday.

I was still ahead 9-3 when Day5 ended but it was still the first time I'd ever seen him get 3
No, there is no change in the points structure for José compared to the previous days. And if he does get a girl you simply reload from a save and play on. The points allocation is random, so the next time you play the same path he won't get the girl. That way I reached the 14-0 run I mentioned in this thread (but have not published yet. Will do so when game V0.5 is public).

Reactions: EpicLust

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Hmm this is a first.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
File "renpy/common/00voice.rpy", line 360, in voice_interact
if _menu:
NameError: global name '_menu' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\main.py", line 430, in main
renpy.game.script.report_duplicate_labels()
File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\script.py", line 890, in report_duplicate_labels
if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 2543, in report_parse_errors
renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 179, in report_parse_errors
error_fn=error_fn,
File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\game.py", line 280, in invoke_in_new_context
return callable(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 43, in call_exception_screen
return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2519, in interact
i()
if _menu:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Battle of the Bulges

I've successfully finished 0.5 multiple times. Is this an error with the new patch?

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Just got this trying to talk to Laura on Day05

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script05.rpy", line 1085, in script
    if (blacktop05 == True) and (toldlaurabook == True) and (seencampfireday04 == False) and (seencampfireday == False):
  File "game/script05.rpy", line 1085, in <module>
    if (blacktop05 == True) and (toldlaurabook == True) and (seencampfireday04 == False) and (seencampfireday == False):
NameError: name 'seencampfireday' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Battle of the Bulges

Rockantanskyi

Sep 22, 2018
No, there is no change in the points structure for José compared to the previous days. And if he does get a girl you simply reload from a save and play on. The points allocation is random, so the next time you play the same path he won't get the girl. That way I reached the 14-0 run I mentioned in this thread (but have not published yet. Will do so when game V0.5 is public).
thanks

Gert_Boomans

Apr 30, 2017
One thing I wonder is with 5 girls but 3 days remaining what will be the spread of availability. All 5 on day 6 so then day 7 and 8 will be catch-up or second scene with already achieved girls. Or 3 or so on Friday with one being the prize for the muscle stud competition. I assume a family threesome will likely come at some point. Still a lot to look forward too.
Brittany is definetily going to be on day 6, if you pick her for the beaty competition presumably. And Doris and or Daniella are probs going to be on day 7 if you win the stud competition.

Mareares

Oct 24, 2017
I have one question about Maria daughter, will be in some hot scenes or it just a joke for the loli games.

sjackson3939

Dec 23, 2017
Brittany is definetily going to be on day 6, if you pick her for the beaty competition presumably. And Doris and or Daniella are probs going to be on day 7 if you win the stud competition.
I had assumed Doris for the competition but it could be Danielle and three gym is the sponsor.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Just got this trying to talk to Laura on Day05

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\dj_ch_000\Downloads\BattleoftheBulgesV0.5-pc\BattleoftheBulges-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Battle of the Bulges
seencampfireday needs to be seencampfireday03. Can you change it yourself (two places, the one you stumbled on and one a few line onwards in script05.rpy)?

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Hmm this is a first.

After initialization, but before game start.
if _menu:

I've successfully finished 0.5 multiple times. Is this an error with the new patch?
I have no idea what that means I'm afraid, never saw that before...

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
This indicates a duplicate label. jak1165 could you indicate as precise as possible what you were doing at the moment the exception hit? That may make it easier to find the duplicate.
But there shouldn't be any duplicates, that is something ren'py definitely tells me prior to game compilation and I don't get it my side with the current version...

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
With the first error, it happened as I booted up the game. Game would linger on the title screen for a second, then the uncaught exceptions happened . Think I fixed it by redownloading game and adding in the script files all over again

With the Laura bug, I don't know. I'll try to recreate it

d15c

Dec 29, 2018
One bug I get is if you go into the CG gallery before you've entered a name, then most of the CG gallery scripts have errors in because the girls use your name to talk to you.

I'd probably just disable the CG gallery until you've entered your name (and move the prompt that tells people to push c to enter the gallery until after they've put their name in).

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes