VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

TaskSpacebar

Mar 17, 2018
It sucks that this is one of the few games on the site that never gets leaked before public release. Wonder why?
The dev, who responds on this forum, doesn't mind having it released to the public (its given for free to the public) after x amount of time has passed when the higher tiered patrons have had their go at it. Those same highest tier patrons actually help bug test the new versions as they come out. It can be fixed immediately when the lower tiers get the game, 1 and 2 weeks after, respectively.

That and the patrons actually respect the dev's work and want that person to earn the revenue from each and every pledge per month. If you think that " sucks ", you can either wait for the public release OR pledge to the highest tier on the dev's Patreon and get it immediately when he sends it out.

TLDR: Honour amongst thieves etc. Also, this was addressed already several pages back on this or his other game that he is making.

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
The dev, who responds on this forum, doesn't mind having it released to the public (its given for free to the public) after x amount of time has passed when the higher tiered patrons have had their go at it. Those same highest tier patrons actually help bug test the new versions as they come out. It can be fixed immediately when the lower tiers get the game, 1 and 2 weeks after, respectively.

That and the patrons actually respect the dev's work and want that person to earn the revenue from each and every pledge per month. If you think that " sucks ", you can either wait for the public release OR pledge to the highest tier on the dev's Patreon and get it immediately when he sends it out.

TLDR: Honour amongst thieves etc. Also, this was addressed already several pages back on this or his other game that he is making.
ok sure but I have been on this site a long time. The whole point of this forum is to get shit for free because people either cant pay or won't and then talk about said game or whatever. The issue as I see it is that devs started coming to the site more and more which is fine, but them being here in the "pirate" forum with the game that is being given out for free makes some people that would otherwise give out a link not because they feel bad. I completely respect the creators and I am happy that so many can and do support them. However this site to my understanding is not for supporting devs and getting more patreon donors. So telling me to wait or buy in is just simply not what most people are on this site to hear.

TaskSpacebar

Mar 17, 2018
ok sure but I have been on this site a long time. The whole point of this forum is to get shit for free because people either cant pay or won't and then talk about said game or whatever. The issue as I see it is that devs started coming to the site more and more which is fine, but them being here in the "pirate" forum with the game that is being given out for free makes some people that would otherwise give out a link not because they feel bad. I completely respect the creators and I am happy that so many can and do support them. However this site to my understanding is not for supporting devs and getting more patreon donors. So telling me to wait or buy in is just simply not what most people are on this site to hear.
So, the other option is to immediately post it? In the case of this updated version of the game, I WILL not. I've already stated my reasons for not doing so. If one of the dev's supporters of this game and/or the other game wants to go ahead and do it, that's on THAT supporter to do so.

And as you already said, " So telling me to wait or buy in is just simply not what most people are on this site to hear. " , you can skip this and seek out something else. No one is forcing you to pay or wait.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
Thine suffering truly is immense.

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
People paying for early release are unlikely to want to give it away for free. The dev releases it voluntarily for free at a later date, just have some patience. There isnt really a need to pirate a copy of something that we'll get for free soon anyway, granted if we were talking about devs who never come here and would never voluntarily release for free. When devs are making some money for extras and early release and everyone gets it for free by waiting a little bit longer, everyone is winning so why would you have a problem with that? They wouldnt be nothing to pirate if devs couldnt make anything for their work.

D

Deleted member 800965

Greetings, zapallbugs . Since v0.7 is presumably complete and will be out for the general public in two-three weeks, is there any chance you will update those magnificent guides of yours by that time? Unless, of course, the content added in this version is really linear and thus anyone interested can just reuse your previous guides. Would really like to open most of the content in the fewest amount of playthroughs possible, and your spreadsheets were indispensable. Keep up the good work and big thanks for everything provided already.

Reactions: EpicLust

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Greetings, zapallbugs . Since v0.7 is presumably complete and will be out for the general public in two-three weeks, is there any chance you will update those magnificent guides of yours by that time? Unless, of course, the content added in this version is really linear and thus anyone interested can just reuse your previous guides. Would really like to open most of the content in the fewest amount of playthroughs possible, and your spreadsheets were indispensable. Keep up the good work and big thanks for everything provided already.
Yes, I will. Working on it right now. As mentioned above there are some bugs. Working with Tim to resolve them. As I fixed some of them on my copy of the game I have to take care that the published paths match the version of the game everybody else will get.

Edit: and no, the content is absolutely not linear. I had to rethink the paths as far back as day 4 for what happens on day 7.

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
An announcement. The game version v0.7 has been release to $10 patrons. But there seems to be a problem with the patch for the uncensored version. Several people have reported the patch contains the censored version. So please be patient for the dev to sort it out.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Does anyone have a perfect save after day one?
I lost mine!
Just play it from the start, it only takes 5 minutes.

Edit: besides, there is no perferct save. There are two possible outcomes with Chiyo. You either take 3 points or $10 depending on what you want to do further on.

Survivor1000

Sep 23, 2017
Just play it from the start, it only takes 5 minutes.

Edit: besides, there is no perferct save. There are two possible outcomes with Chiyo. You either take 3 points or $10 depending on what you want to do further on.
Yeah I know and I tried but when I get to the scene where you have to lotion the sister I get this error:
1582818589780.png
Rollback and reload both don't work and I don't know how to fix the error.
So I thought If I have a save after that scene or the end of the day I can keep playing without getting the error.
Or if someone knows the fix please do tell!

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Yeah I know and I tried but when I get to the scene where you have to lotion the sister I get this error:
View attachment 568718
Rollback and reload both don't work and I don't know how to fix the error.
So I thought If I have a save after that scene or the end of the day I can keep playing without getting the error.
Or if someone knows the fix please do tell!
That looks to be a known bug in the $10 patron release. Hopefully the dev will tomorrow ship the $5 release where that one and a lot more are fixed. It is all caused by the havoc created by attempts to create a Patreon rules edition that bans incest and under-age sex. The dev had no choice there or would have been booted off Patreon.

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes