Aug 7, 2019
Interesting start, there's a framework here for a decent H game just needs detail work. File size is absolutely insane though.

Things I noticed:

- Would like the ability to sleep/skip ahead/fast forward in time, because waiting several hours real time just to see an event is insane
- Bonfire just doesn't work at all, don't recover health, not sure if that's intentional
- If world gets bigger probably would be good to have fast travel. Moving through the "wilderness" maps was for the most part boring because atm there's nothing there.
- Controls feel insanely unintuitive, I still don't know how to cast spells
- Needs a light mechanic because traveling at night is almost impossible (I think there is one but because of above I couldn't make it work)
- Inventory was bugging so I couldn't buy anything. When I'd lose my item(s) to a defeat event I'd never be able to get them back and was screwed.
- Would like it if there was a more convenient way to save
- Dialogue isn't great for the most part in the current stage, overly simple and repetitive
- Not sure if there's more world content other than the path to the gray wasteland with the zombies, if so not sure how to get to it.

Reactions: gigalitor

ArmoredRacoon

Mar 19, 2018
Anyone getting this error whenever they try to unzip the game? Downloaded from MEGA

Data error : Beasthunter0.1.2.6fix3\Beasthunter2\Content\Paks\Beasthunter2-Windows.ucas

CyberGox

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the game, a piece of feedback:
  1. you can clip through textures if you fall through certain holes in a cave
  2. arack nest and slaver beach location can possibly clog the memory of anyone's PC due to infinite enemy respawns, in a geometrical progression. Aracks and flies respawn on players death, slavers just can't stop summoning each other.
  3. error at game startup, as posted above
  4. due to certain conditions (not sure which one) one can quit to main menu and respawn at starting location after hitting "continue" with some of progression moved to a 'new game' (had big amount of Ziril and thunderstorm going on, which was happening on my previous save)
  5. ultimately annoying weapon loss when quiting prison, if you don't know what are you doing or use cheat engine you will end up unarmed for the entire game (slavers taking it and currency away can be at least naturally explained)
  6. Staying bound when getting enslaved and tossed into arena. Kicking that lancer with feet took a while ;)
  7. you can access map boundaries at aracks nest location simply by jumping on rocks near the village entrance
  8. huge map hole at petrified forest, on the right from the entrance
  9. can bypass bridge fee simply by going into prison, but then you won't be able to exit until you earn 200 gold on the other side (can be bypasses but I don't think that's intended)
  10. H-scene duration can be tweaked down a lot, takes a lot of time

Reactions: gigalitor

BeasthunterUniverse

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2022
Interesting start, there's a framework here for a decent H game just needs detail work. File size is absolutely insane though.

Things I noticed:

- Would like the ability to sleep/skip ahead/fast forward in time, because waiting several hours real time just to see an event is insane
- Bonfire just doesn't work at all, don't recover health, not sure if that's intentional
- If world gets bigger probably would be good to have fast travel. Moving through the "wilderness" maps was for the most part boring because atm there's nothing there.
- Controls feel insanely unintuitive, I still don't know how to cast spells
- Needs a light mechanic because traveling at night is almost impossible (I think there is one but because of above I couldn't make it work)
- Inventory was bugging so I couldn't buy anything. When I'd lose my item(s) to a defeat event I'd never be able to get them back and was screwed.
- Would like it if there was a more convenient way to save
- Dialogue isn't great for the most part in the current stage, overly simple and repetitive
- Not sure if there's more world content other than the path to the gray wasteland with the zombies, if so not sure how to get to it.
Hey, thanks for your feedback.

- Sleeping will be possible soon, it was just not a priority for now but I see people really want that function ^^
-The Bonfire restores energy, but can not be used back to back (cooldown to prevent abuse)
- I will implement shortcuts to some areas in the future, fast travel is currently not planed.
- You cast the spell with "x", and quickly switch to the next with "q"
- and then you can cast a light spell which you can also upgrade

Can you tell me what is happening with the inventory bug?
You can only buy items if you have a free slot for the item you want to buy. (1 weapon slot, 3 armor slots)

There are some more areas to explore, all the paths in the town lead somewhere. (cave//ruins/Beach/Main city/rotten land)

BeasthunterUniverse

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2022
Thanks for the game, a piece of feedback:
  1. you can clip through textures if you fall through certain holes in a cave
  2. arack nest and slaver beach location can possibly clog the memory of anyone's PC due to infinite enemy respawns, in a geometrical progression. Aracks and flies respawn on players death, slavers just can't stop summoning each other.
  3. error at game startup, as posted above
  4. due to certain conditions (not sure which one) one can quit to main menu and respawn at starting location after hitting "continue" with some of progression moved to a 'new game' (had big amount of Ziril and thunderstorm going on, which was happening on my previous save)
  5. ultimately annoying weapon loss when quiting prison, if you don't know what are you doing or use cheat engine you will end up unarmed for the entire game (slavers taking it and currency away can be at least naturally explained)
  6. Staying bound when getting enslaved and tossed into arena. Kicking that lancer with feet took a while ;)
  7. you can access map boundaries at aracks nest location simply by jumping on rocks near the village entrance
  8. huge map hole at petrified forest, on the right from the entrance
  9. can bypass bridge fee simply by going into prison, but then you won't be able to exit until you earn 200 gold on the other side (can be bypasses but I don't think that's intended)
  10. H-scene duration can be tweaked down a lot, takes a lot of time
Hey, thanks for the feedback.

1. I will take a look at it. (maybe you can tell me the exact locations if there are some?)
2. I will implement a enemy limit for those scenarios, already did that for some enemies
3. yep, that is known by now,but it does nothing so was not a priority for now :D
4. Continue only works if you have a save location in the game (paying rent for a house), if not, it should delete all progress....if it does not I will take a look at that, thanks for the info
5. the next build 0.1.2.7 already got a item storage system, so players can store their items before picking a fight with the guards....or anyone else
6. Thats true
7 - 10, will look at that.
11. It is not a priority for now but a system for that is planed, skipping scenes, decreasing duration.

Again, thanks for the feedback, I will take a look at some of those points you mentioned for the next release. 0.1.2.8 (01.2.7 is already shipped)

Aug 7, 2019
Hey, thanks for your feedback.

- Sleeping will be possible soon, it was just not a priority for now but I see people really want that function ^^
-The Bonfire restores energy, but can not be used back to back (cooldown to prevent abuse)
- I will implement shortcuts to some areas in the future, fast travel is currently not planed.
- You cast the spell with "x", and quickly switch to the next with "q"
- and then you can cast a light spell which you can also upgrade

Can you tell me what is happening with the inventory bug?
You can only buy items if you have a free slot for the item you want to buy. (1 weapon slot, 3 armor slots)

There are some more areas to explore, all the paths in the town lead somewhere. (cave//ruins/Beach/Main city/rotten land)
So you need to sell or lose a piece of armor or your weapon in order to buy another one? Am I understanding that correctly?

BeasthunterUniverse

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2022
So you need to sell or lose a piece of armor or your weapon in order to buy another one? Am I understanding that correctly?
The new build (released today on Patreon) got a storage system.
For the old build yes you need to sell the old weapon (I know it's not nice, thats why I implemented a storage sytsem as fast as possible :D )

xellos616

May 5, 2020
BeasthunterUniverse

Could you specify the version of the engine in the topic title?
For fans who polish their wand not only on the sight of beautiful and strong women, but also on the advanced version of the engine.

Unreal engine 5.2 is the latest version.
Unreal engine 5.3 coming soon.

BeasthunterUniverse

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2022
BeasthunterUniverse

Could you specify the version of the engine in the topic title?
For fans who polish their wand not only on the sight of beautiful and strong women, but also on the advanced version of the engine.

Unreal engine 5.2 is the latest version.
Unreal engine 5.3 coming soon.
Currenty working with 5.1, updating is always a risk and can corrupt assets (went from 4.2.6->5.0->5.1, always created courrupted files/import-export issues), so updating to new Engine version is not something I will do every time now, maybe once there is a stable 5.5 or something thats worth updating.

alin20

Jul 12, 2017
this game not for me,really the fight it sow bad,it like your flyng around,good luck with your game.

BeasthunterUniverse

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2022
this game not for me,really the fight it sow bad,it like your flyng around,good luck with your game.
Some weapons are really fast and involve a lot of fast/difficult to control movements if thats what you mean, but there are also really slow weapon types like the greatsword, which are more stationary/slow.

Thanks for the feedback.

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes