4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

thesnart

Dec 18, 2021
Admittedly I’m also a bit disappointed in the 2.0 release. I honestly prefer both the animations and the gameplay of the beta levels to the finalized ones, and was excited to see them completed. Don’t get me wrong, the product we have now is still pretty good, I just would’ve liked if kom had continued with the ideas he had presented prior instead of remaking the levels from the ground up again. Hopefully some of the later ones will be more up my alley; I’m particularly interested in what he’ll do with gale and claire!

Reactions: Axis3123

ZW_

Jun 24, 2020
Anyone else getting immediate crashes when trying to open the new version?

EDIT: I used windows search to find and delete anything that came up by "Beat Banger" and the game works now. I think it was advised already to delete files somewhere in your appdata if your update wasn't working however it isn't on the official post so it might be worth to add the advise there since everyone's gonna be updating.

Reactions: 69Spartan117

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
How did you get into that level? What version of the game is this?
If I'm not mistaken, that would be the 2.43. That one has the most complete set of levels, but most of the art is placeholder stuff. I know because they have the same rating screen at the end of a song.

Apr 20, 2020
Is there a command to disable screenshake/flashes on v1.311? I'm going to get motion sickness looking at this. I didn't find anything related to it here , but the page is over a year old.

If that isn't a thing for v1, does a setting like that exist for v2 of the game? I suppose I'll just swap to v2 and convert the mods to v2 in that case.

uela

Aug 17, 2017
Having found out about this game and the fact that you can modded I decided to dive deep and see how modding works. To give a heads up between VER.2-61 and Current VER.2-63 they changed the coding a little but the small little thing will not show some scenes unless you fix it, as well as old spritesheets that used to work in VER.2-61 don't work in VER.2-63. So modding is limited somewhat because I have no idea what the difference between KOM's file details spritesheets versus others so I can't fix it.

So through my limits I decided to abuse the fact that we have kept older versions of the game, AND that the devs decided to put in assets for the other characters in those older versions and converted them into . Honestly i'm ngl, I am shocked that they left the music and the charting for the other characters in the older versions, literally letting me remake the level. The game has a lot of potential and I am keeping my eye on it, been a while since I get to use my coding knowledge on something.

Reactions: 69Spartan117

bkiv

Aug 25, 2019
v2.64 is out

Fixes:
  • Fixed certain audio coming from incorrect bus
  • Preview Music now fades on Mod Menu
  • Made the game EASIER

Changes:
  • Added Background Type
  • Better Error Handling
  • Optimized Core Game Element Code
  • Updated Horny Note System
  • Added Steam page links
  • Update Beat Bar Visual
  • Boing

Reactions: DEATHDESTROYER

bkiv

Aug 25, 2019
v2.64 is out

Fixes:
  • Fixed certain audio coming from incorrect bus
  • Preview Music now fades on Mod Menu
  • Made the game EASIER

Changes:
  • Added Background Type
  • Better Error Handling
  • Optimized Core Game Element Code
  • Updated Horny Note System
  • Added Steam page links
  • Update Beat Bar Visual
  • Boing
Should also add that none of the mods made for version 2.63 work on this one
Capture.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: uela

uela

Aug 17, 2017
Should also add that none of the mods made for version 2.63 work on this one
View attachment 2082437
Looked into it and it's an easy fix on the modder side of things. Gave me a scare for a moment but the error stuff really helps, and now it seems like Modders can now change the background on a beat and actually use the "Horny" note functionality when charting; basically allowing you to add an image transition if you hit all of the "horny" notes. TLDR; Really, really good changes for Modders.

bkiv

Aug 25, 2019
idk how to use the mod converter. can someone help
Something to note is that this only works for the version that the mod converter works for so it won't work for the newer versions of the game
For all the people confused about how to use the converter I had to figure out how to run a python script for it to even work. Download python3, download the converter, open your actual command prompt(not pythons, but the one that comes with windows), type in (python3 "path to converter" "path to mod").
You don't add the parenthesis so an example would look like this in cmd (python3 C:\Users\*****\Downloads\mod_converter\mod_converter.py C:\Users\*****\Downloads\****\*****\****\BeatBanger\mods\Makayla)

Another thing of note, if you've typed python3 in cmd already it won't work. You have to do it all in one command so if cmd says python3 at the top you have to close it and open it again

If your mod has weird spaces and such it seems that it can't read it. If that's the case rename the file to something easy like a one word name with no symbols

Had trouble with a fresh install of a mod and realized it can have problems with seeing the file, guessing it's cause of permissions. putting the mod into the same file you put the converter in fixes it

Reactions: vergil5

Croy

Feb 3, 2018
you have to press the / button first then type devmode and press enter, then f2 will work
can confirm is doesn't work for me either. but you can't press the / button using a laptop since you need to press two keys

Neverscored

Sep 23, 2017
I'll play the devil's advocate this time and say that this 2.0 version doesn't feel like much of an upgrade from 1.3. I do understand that they wanted to replace the third party IP based characters with OC's, but considering the time it took it doesn't seem worth it. Hopefully the work they did on the "backend" side of the code enables modders of the game to have an easier time of adding more content to the game. Seems to me like Kom likes fiddling with the fine details of the game more than adding actual content.
Nobody has the confidence to rely on satire laws so they aren't sued by... Toby Fox. A guy who has so much elaborate fanart of his games it could fill a library.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes