Are you viewing Zoey's content, or avoiding it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
I recommend my discord, if you go to the love/romance discussion, I answered a lot of questions in regards to a gallery, and my implementation of it (Trying something new with unlockable costumes for special scenes and collectable figurines and such, along with achievements)
Will the gallery for 1.0 ever be implemented or is that all but hopeless?

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
... and that's when he knew, he fucked up.

Seriously, how does TheTypist have any patrons after releasing reboot with nearly no content that gladly will load old saves and instantly crash? Don't developers actually do some research on how to be better developers?
How can something load old saves of a game it no longer is? It’s a new start as a different game and story entirely. It’s like being upset that you can’t have the hospital scene loaded anymore either. I clearly state many times what I did, what the plan is, and that the saves will not work as it’s a whole new game/start. I probably will just go and create and entirely new project where saves won’t even show up. It’s amazing how many times I clearly state saves won’t work and why, and yet, people still are pissed. You guys always wait for all the positivity to cool off then you come and spread worthless comments about a game I clearly talked about closing, restarting from scratch, and moving on. Idk how I could have been more clear, you just didn’t take the time to read.

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017

Seriously, how does TheTypist have any patrons after releasing reboot with nearly no content that gladly will load old saves and instantly crash? Don't developers actually do some research on how to be better developers?
Also, If you took any effort to go back, you’d see I did the research before creating the distributions, and couldn’t find a solution. It was late, and I wanted to release the update as close to when I said I would as possible. I then read the comments, one user mentioned how to do it, and i literally said if that’s how I do it, I will gladly implement it in the next release. So maybe devs do go out of the way to be better, but you’re too ignorant to take the time to see if they’re trying.

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
Will the gallery for 1.0 ever be implemented or is that all but hopeless?
I would like to leave that in the past. I won’t be going back to that version, I made up my mind on what I want to focus on and that will only further distract me. A gallery mod can probably easily be implemented by someone who better understands screen language (not me) I struggled with it a lot especially keeping the custom character names, each time I tried it bugged out on me and I just don’t carry the knowledge. I can make a gallery work in the way I’m trying to implement it in my current new start, where custom names will work and won’t crash. I’m sorry I know a lot of people want version 1.0 to be worked on but I don’t have the time or drive to do so sadly.

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
i saw there were exhibition points. and feels like the subject could've been brought up on the romance route when zoey walked in. but im not gonna dig too deep into it after all it was her sister so that a good excuse.
Spot on, only because it’s her sister I want to avoid anything that might insinuate getting reported as I don’t want to go in that particular direction. That would have implied enjoyment or something from that particular scene and I didn’t feel that should be the case, as you described.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Some of us gamers play these games and like to talk about it.
Some of us gamers like to replay the original and talk about the good, the bad and the fantastic.
Some of us may be not so forthcoming as to the taste this new game leaves in our mouths.
Suffice it to say we tell it blunt and for the most part we just care that the characters care.

Thank you for the understanding and the new setup of the plot.
Thank you for layin it bare to every gamer coming into this game:

” At an age where couple begin to consider marriage, the two begin to wonder if it's right for them, or if they're together for the right reasons. Between having too much time on their hands, a city to explore around them, and a lot of new friends in the mix, it's up to you, as the player, to determine what you feel is the right path to take. In this Interactive Novel, you will have opportunities to explore new love interests, fall deeper in love with the girl you already know and love most, and, or, just go all out and choose whatever you feel fits you best. ”

Thank you for rationalizing and going through any and all talks that might benefit
a further understanding of plot making, plot devices, plot convenience, game making in general.

” Since day one, I have not only responded to practically every single personal message I receive, but i'm also active on forums and my discord. If i'm not replying, know i'm definitely reading it and getting something from it if it isn't a question or concern. I've made some great friends through this game, and have experienced what it is like to have some amazing moral support and motivation through my supporters. ”

Thank you for this game and your suppot for all players gaming it,
even those that are still talking and thinking about it once they are through with it.

How can something load old saves of a game it no longer is? It’s a new start as a different game and story entirely. It’s like being upset that you can’t have the hospital scene loaded anymore either. I clearly state many times what I did, what the plan is, and that the saves will not work as it’s a whole new game/start. I probably will just go and create and entirely new project where saves won’t even show up. It’s amazing how many times I clearly state saves won’t work and why, and yet, people still are pissed. You guys always wait for all the positivity to cool off then you come and spread worthless comments about a game I clearly talked about closing, restarting from scratch, and moving on. Idk how I could have been more clear, you just didn’t take the time to read.
Also, If you took any effort to go back, you’d see I did the research before creating the distributions, and couldn’t find a solution. It was late, and I wanted to release the update as close to when I said I would as possible. I then read the comments, one user mentioned how to do it, and i literally said if that’s how I do it, I will gladly implement it in the next release. So maybe devs do go out of the way to be better, but you’re too ignorant to take the time to see if they’re trying.
Whenever you play with the feels of us gamers,
we are all too happy to give all the ear full of our emotions.

Game oN!

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Spot on, only because it’s her sister I want to avoid anything that might insinuate getting reported as I don’t want to go in that particular direction. That would have implied enjoyment or something from that particular scene and I didn’t feel that should be the case, as you described.
out of curiosity is there a reason you didnt go with the "type in relationship" option most devs do to avoid incest? then again i guess that would only be needed if you plan for a three way scene where zoey and claire interact with each other.

or if theres a three way between those 3, will it be for a zoey and claire three way where they focus only on the MC to avoid patreon?

but if you yourself dont like or want to deal with incest then yeah that makes sense.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
It’s a bit crazy to assume just because a couples been together since high school, they’re always going to be perfect. That, I feel should go without saying just in general. My parents were high school sweet hearts turned divorcees that despise one another.
in my experience. highschool couples are the most likely not to last. especially if they became parents during that time.

then again it could've just been my highschool. :unsure:

Reactions: TheTypist

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
My assumption is we are all human here and we are all adults in love with this game.
Based on that, let me express my deepest condolences for your feelings about what hurt you in college
and in your family, as mom and dad splitting and/or relatioships shattering is a huge blow to us all.
Going into this game expecting to have the ropes based on feeling, any gamer has to feel
in control over the MC he is guiding throughout the game, but also be able to draw emotional
conclusions from interactions with any and all characters they run into.

Having a sex life with the man/woman you love since highschool and,
in a good life scenarion, should marry had you any common sense,
that is the 1st plot you as a gamer will feel deep down as the safest to pursue, so this restart giving
us the players that perspective is the best start in any game based in a lasting ongoing relationship
we as gamers pick up when we start the game.
It’s a bit crazy to assume just because a couples been together since high school, they’re always going to be perfect. That, I feel should go without saying just in general. My parents were high school sweet hearts turned divorcees that despise one another.
in my experience. highschool couples are the most likely not to last. especially if they became parents during that time.

then again it could've just been my highschool. :unsure:
This game gonna be great should it build and build on its success.

Shinjago

Jul 10, 2021

Dear people who don't bother reading comments:

1- Seriously WHO CARES about old saves ?! i gladly restart every game on every major update, after all this is on Ren'py engine you can skip scenes you already saw... so no big deal here.
2- He restarted the game from scratch because most of us begged him to do so, which proves that he is ACTUALLY listening to his fans, and trying his best to make almost everyone happy.
3- YES !! he have patrons and deserves more, this reboot is very promising and i don't doubt that it will be one of my favorites in the future.

Regards,

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
instead of 2.0 i would have accepted adding "Remastered" to the title. i feel it gets the message across more. although it is a bit cliche

Reactions: BlasKyau
May 30, 2017
Dear people who don't bother reading comments:

1- Seriously WHO CARES about old saves ?! i gladly restart every game on every major update, after all this is on Ren'py engine you can skip scenes you already saw... so no big deal here.
2- He restarted the game from scratch because most of us begged him to do so, which proves that he is ACTUALLY listening to his fans, and trying his best to make almost everyone happy.
3- YES !! he have patrons and deserves more, this reboot is very promising and i don't doubt that it will be one of my favorites in the future.

Regards,
yeah lol. I dont know why some people here are so harsh to him. He changed the story twice and he is actually listening to people who demand him to change. It is so frustrated and if I was him I would have quitted after the first time.
And lol It is a ntr game why do people come here and complaint about ntr content. just fk off.
Also, it is said to be v2 which means a new game so wtf does anyone care about old save anyway

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
yeah lol. I dont know why some people here are so harsh to him. He changed the story twice and he is actually listening to people who demand him to change. It is so frustrated and if I was him I would have quitted after the first time.
And lol It is a ntr game why do people come here and complaint about ntr content. just fk off.
Also, it is said to be v2 which means a new game so wtf does anyone care about old save anyway
Well now it's a game with NTR and without NTR (depending on the player's choices), which seems perfect to me. In my case, I have disabled the NTR from the beginning.

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
How can something load old saves of a game it no longer is? It’s a new start as a different game and story entirely.
Yeah, that's exactly my point. I deleted the old version months ago, and I literally don't care about my old saves, but when I installed this new version, the game showed my old saves on the load/save screens. If this is "a different game", why would that even happen? That's a rhetorical question for you because you know the answer.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
I probably will just go and create and entirely new project where saves won’t even show up.
To be fair, if this is a clean reboot, you absolutely should have made the project use a new and different save location; so that there wasn't even the possibility of seeing old saves and allowing the game to crash when attempting to load them.

Fresh game, fresh save directory.

A new main menu probably wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
It's a new game, that uses the same F95Zone page, loads into the same old main menu, and will display the same old save games because it uses the same save directory.

I know it says something in the OP about this, but even I was taken aback that it was a clean-slate total reboot with little content that carries nothing over from the previous version. Again, all fine and dandy for the dev to do that if they want, it's their game. But I can totally get why folks who downloaded the update without reading the fine print were greeted by a rude awakening when everything broke, because the game still loads up and looks just like the old version and shows the old saves.

This was a fumble on the dev's part. They chose to keep the same name, same menu, and same save directory; all of which just invited this game to be mistaken as a simple continuation of the prior version rather than a clean slate reboot.

MIkedante

Dec 10, 2019
Yeah, that's exactly my point. I deleted the old version months ago, and I literally don't care about my old saves, but when I installed this new version, the game showed my old saves on the load/save screens. If this is "a different game", why would that even happen? That's a rhetorical question for you because you know the answer.
To your knowledge, Renpy have two save data locations! Not only in save game location, but your PC make it's own. So if game have same name as previous one, even if it's totally different, and you delete all old game from your PC with old saves. After starting of new version of game your PC think, that this is same game as old one and game show you all your old saves again! Simply hover mouse over them and click on delete button.

Reactions: TheTypist

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
To your knowledge, Renpy have two save data locations! Not only in save game location, but your PC make it's own. So if game have same name as previous one, even if it's totally different, and you delete all old game from your PC with old saves. After starting of new version of game your PC think, that this is same game as old one and game show you all your old saves again! Simply hover mouse over them and click on delete button.
This was exactly my issue when looking into solutions. Seems the best solution is to create an entirely separate project folder with a new game name. Seems simple enough, I don’t see this as the worst blunder I could have made, but I apologize, it could have been done better and now I know.

May 30, 2017
Well now it's a game with NTR and without NTR (depending on the player's choices), which seems perfect to me. In my case, I have disabled the NTR from the beginning.
yeah. It is okay imo that it can reach broader audience. It was initially a blackmail game. I remember my fav scene when Claire had to fuck the black dude in the hospital. It was good imo.

Reactions: BlasKyau
3.40 star(s) 93 Votes