MrJet

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Is he really already loosing subs over not continuing public updates?
I knew this decision would raise questions, and some of them are very valid. I'll be honest with you, I'm not very good at this whole thing, and I might make a few mistakes, but for now, let's make it that way. And maybe in the near future I'll reconsider this distribution model.
But in fact, I've only taken more successful projects as an example, developers such as DrPinkCake, HopesGaming, Motkeyz, Braindrop and many others. They all have roughly the same distribution model on Patreon, so I decided to do something like that.

Wow just wow. MrJet you have outdone yourself once again, this update is so good. Best part all 4 romances have content so everyone should be happy about that lol.
Thanks, man! I'm glad you liked it. ;)

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
Is he really already loosing subs over not continuing public updates?
...and the quadruple of the general price, 1 Buck no longer will get shit either. While it's true that one tend to lose subs on the beginning of the month, losing subs on a release day is a "bit" different. I mean, he lost me (and 15 others to this moment) and I would have still gotten an update.
There is a concept, people younger than me won't know it... It's called "principle".
It's not about the money, it's about the "how". Around November 18th last year (5$ release of the last version) Jet made more money than ever, even compared to today (thus far). So in my opinion there is no fucking reason, except EA style greed, to increase the price and shaft thouse who don't pay!
Because of shit like this, sites like this and people like me exist.

ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018
I knew this decision would raise questions, and some of them are very valid. I'll be honest with you, I'm not very good at this whole thing, and I might make a few mistakes, but for now, let's make it that way. And maybe in the near future I'll reconsider this distribution model.
But in fact, I've only taken more successful projects as an example, developers such as DrPinkCake, HopesGaming, Motkeyz, Braindrop and many others. They all have roughly the same distribution model on Patreon, so I decided to do something like that.

I say this with all my Respect for the Adult Game Devs out there...

MrJet please please dont use DPC as a role model... after Al and with the beginning of BaDIK he stays behind a HUGE Paywall.

Yes i get it u want to create money with ur work, like everyone that works. but dont push ur community aside for the money like DPC does...

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
I say this with all my Respect for the Adult Game Devs out there...

MrJet please please dont use DPC as a role model... after Al and with the beginning of BaDIK he stays behind a HUGE Paywall.

Yes i get it u want to create money with ur work, like everyone that works. but dont push ur community aside for the money like DPC does...
And above all if you go to the OP (opening page) of BaDIK and read the first post, oh man the hypocrisy on that one...pffff

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019

Was wondering for this drastic change why not just remove 1 dollar tier ?? Since this tier dont get new game update their is no reason to keep this tier alive. That way users can all get on with either higher tier or no tier at all.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Was wondering for this drastic change why not just remove 1 dollar tier ?? Since this tier dont get new game update their is no reason to keep this tier alive. That way users can all get on with either higher tier or no tier at all.
What are you talking about?
01.02 - for 20 and 40$ Patrons

04.02 - for 10$

07.02 - for 5$

10.02 - for 1$
edit: nevermind i just saw the news update. (y)

MrJet

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Because some people will want to get development news and new previews, and when the release happens, they can go to 5$ Tier, get an update, and go back to 1$ Tier.

What are you talking about?
edit: nevermind i just saw the news update. (y)
As I wrote in the same post, these changes will be implemented only in March, so those who are currently in the $1 Tier will receive an update at the time it is written there. Which is 10.02.20

InstinctPro

Jun 6, 2017

Let me tell you, it definitely shows in the product that you are learning and getting better. Definitely can't please everyone but you are a great developer.

4.20 star(s) 238 Votes