DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
edit: hahah i totally read that wrong, but will leave this regardless for the shoutout to mrjet

You are a hero of this thread ... any help is welcome so as to help Gamers get the best out of Gaming!

Please share with us your whisdom and great attention to your craft as savior of gaming perfection!

No, not at all... MrJet is the hero of this thread.

• Gave info on the assets
  • Makes patch fixes
  • Cool dude
  • im sure people could fill in this list

I simply want to encourage people to get into coding, that is why I don't just paste the insta-fap answer (no offense Gudfella)
but rather a push in the right direction.

Say MrJet, considered using the [iirc built-in] renpy update function or at least official patches to save on bandwidth? people think bandwidth is magical and that it doesn't take resources to get from point a to b lol. anyway, just throwing it out to all the devs i've talked with

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
MrJet ... I dug through the thread and found what seems to be a coding problem:
"a lot of missing render errors in the scene with Jade, the cat, and the members of the other band"
It was some time ago, but I believe that error was that the game was using a name or names for the member(s) of the other band that were not defined. It may have been for the dialogue box, it was generating error messages. I used Unren and found the name(s) used at the concert to fix errors. I mean the names used in the coding, not their actual names. Later I had issues at the party, when talking to a new girl. Finally I had issues during the last scene with MC in bed. I may have missed an update, but that's how I remember it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MrJet

Aug 17, 2019
here is my unofficial android port of Become A Rock Star v0.55.
  • Download (updating)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 03.02.2020
I can't see the links there man

• Angry

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I've never seen this problem before. Could you be more specific about which files are missing? Or maybe you could take a screenshot?
At the party when the blue haired girl speaks, I get an exception error reading Sayer 'ru' s not defined (game/day09, one of the lines is 3613.)
At night in bed 'day09_emma_lewd' is not defined line 4440. These errors are in version .50.

The exception errors with MC, Jade, the other members of the band, and the cat I can't tell you about because I fixed them myself in my copy.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Eh i think there is a bug in Lisas path

right after the treesome with Mc,Lisa and Jade the game seems to jump to the anna path at the nightclub where the Mc wants to check on Anna why she is acting strange lately.There they are acting like there are dating so Anna Path i think???

has somebody else that problem on Lisa Path??

Reactions: MrJet

Aerlwyn

Dec 20, 2019

right after the treesome with Mc,Lisa and Jade the game seems to jump to the anna path at the nightclub where the Mc wants to check on Anna why she is acting strange lately.There they are acting like there are dating so Anna Path i think???

Not sure as confused on the game as got to what they say is the end of it, but seems to be the same point it ended in the last version.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Not sure as confused on the game as got to what they say is the end of it, but seems to be the same point it ended in the last version.
eh?????

speak in a language that i can understand please!!

and no this renders are new that was not the same ending in the last version.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
The ending I got to had the MC's dad having a seizure and thats where it ends for me.
you realized that i was asking about the update so called version 0.55 not the endings from version 0.5 right???
and i have not asked about an ending ,i have asked about an bug in one path that leads to another path there...

Aerlwyn

Dec 20, 2019
you realized that i was asking about the update so called version 0.55 not the endings from version 0.5 right???
Not sure i understand as i downloaded 0.55 and the ending i mentioned is what happened in 0.55 so either i messed up something or need to start over.

MrJet

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017

Oh, another bug. I think I figured out what the problem is, thanks for finding it. I'll add a fix of this bug to my past message where I uploaded files (in other words, replace the old fix with the new one o_O). Look at message #6,096.

Last edited:

Shrivy

Oct 25, 2019
here is my unofficial android port of Become A Rock Star v0.55.
  • Download (updating)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 03.02.2020
Nothing happens when i click on download updating...:unsure:;)

• Angry
4.20 star(s) 238 Votes