spas

Jun 22, 2017
well he have little patreons not like Being a D with 10 k support and barley manage 3 updateds a year which is disappointing with that's amount of cash

spas

Jun 22, 2017
I personnally don't care if the update is not on time, I play other games so it's not really a problem. I know I'm totally satisfied with "Become a rock star" and I'm sure the next update will be great as always, so no worries for me :)
well you should care if pay for 1 year like for updates and dont get any Milky City was my last sub now I pay for updates when is aut I sub for 2 months with 20 25 or depending on updated

Reactions: Mtmtmt

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Honestly, all this hostility seems excessive to me (I'm not talking specifically about your post).
That's because it is. Unfortunately no matter what you do, some people are going to complain. Learning to live with people trashing you for stupid reasons will be key if you continue developing these games.
I learned my lesson for the future, no dates. Not even an estimate. Any plans that may go wrong are definitely going to go wrong, but at least this way you won't get blamed.
This is an excellent idea, which has been adopted by many devs because of this constant hounding about missed release ETAs.
And, of course, in the future, I'll make a priority on shorter updates. I guess that will be less of a headache for me, and you won't feel cheated because of the long wait times.
And now I'm going to complain (see above - someone always complains).

I guess it depends what you mean by shorter updates. If you mean aiming for the normal size updates you usually do, then that's fine - easier for you is a good thing.

If you mean cutting content just to to hit regular release schedules, then I'm firmly against that. This sort of approach tends to butcher natural story progression & results in lots of odd cliff-hangers - which many will complain about. I'd much rather a dev spends the extra time to get good story progression/content per update rather than hits some arbitrary schedule.

Can't please everyone, just keep doing the best you can & most people will be happy enough. Then your headaches are less likely to turn into migraines.

Darkonalia

Sep 6, 2020
well you should care if pay for 1 year like for updates and dont get any Milky City was my last sub now I pay for updates when is aut I sub for 2 months with 20 25 or depending on updated
I'm a patron for Mr Jet, since last May I guess. So I pay for updates too ;)

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
*sigh* What do you want me to say? That I screwed up the dates? Yes, I screwed up. I didn't take into account that the proofreading would take longer because there was more text in the script, too. As you can understand, my English is far from perfect, so proofreading is hard work, and I can't rush the enthusiasts who help me make the project better.

Honestly, all this hostility seems excessive to me (I'm not talking specifically about your post). I paused on Patreon in January, even though I've been working hard on this update all that month. It will come out for all Patron $5 Tier and above at the same time, without delay. Also, I said that everyone who was my Patron in January or December but is no longer a Patron will also receive the new version. What else should I do?

I learned my lesson for the future, no dates. Not even an estimate. Any plans that may go wrong are definitely going to go wrong, but at least this way you won't get blamed. And, of course, in the future, I'll make a priority on shorter updates. I guess that will be less of a headache for me, and you won't feel cheated because of the long wait times.

PS. Please no need to defend me under this post or anything like that. I understand why some people are upset about the extra wait time and my incorrect predictions about the release date, and I'm just giving my opinion and explaining the whole situation from my perspective. As for the release date, once again, the script is currently being proofread. As soon as it's finished, you'll get a release right away. That's it.
For the future when they ask you again, save this image
882144_NEW9c7.png

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's like I said in other threads, this is the exact reason a lot of the bigger devs don't give release dates anymore.

If there is any sort of delay the whining goes to a whole new level.

A lot of devs now are just saying it will be out when it's ready and that's as much of an ETA as they are giving.

jean michel

May 11, 2018
I learned my lesson for the future, no dates. Not even an estimate. Any plans that may go wrong are definitely going to go wrong, but at least this way you won't get blamed. And, of course, in the future, I'll make a priority on shorter updates. I guess that will be less of a headache for me, and you won't feel cheated because of the long wait times.
Good plan, the only plan who can't go wrong and solve most issues at once, you should have done like this a long time ago tbh

I'm following your updates for a while now, peoples are angry at the delay, that's how good your game is. I see it that way.

I'm looking forward to the next update, in any case, great work !

Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
Why do you write big replies? Use that time to proofread. I think the biggest problem of many developers is they don't know how to manage, and estimate the time. If you estimate the required time is 10 days, then at least plan for 2 and half amount of time to release the game. Plan for working hours instead of days, for instance if you plan for 10 days, you practically can work for less than that since you have to spend time for sleeping, cleaning, entertainment, and other works. If it says 10 days, it means 8 to 17 h; hence 9 hours. 9x10/24 = 3.75 days, which means you have to plan for 3.75 x2 = 7.5 days (excluding week ends), 9 hours per day. As you see 10 days means actually 3.75 days. Don't estimate like that, otherwise you end up delaying the project. You don't work everyday, in every hour right? If estimate for 10 days, it means you actually need 26.66 days minimum, and 66.65 planned days. Divide the workload into smallest possible unit, and allocate a time to complete it, then sum them together to find the final estimation time.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Why do you write big replies? Use that time to proofread. I think the biggest problem of many developers is they don't know how to manage, and estimate the time. If you estimate the required time is 10 days, then at least plan for 2 and half amount of time to release the game. Plan for working hours instead of days, for instance if you plan for 10 days, you practically can work for less than that since you have to spend time for sleeping, cleaning, entertainment, and other works. If it says 10 days, it means 8 to 17 h; hence 9 hours. 9x10/24 = 3.75 days, which means you have to plan for 3.75 x2 = 7.5 days (excluding week ends), 9 hours per day. As you see 10 days means actually 3.75 days. Don't estimate like that, otherwise you end up delaying the project. You don't work everyday, in every hour right? If estimate for 10 days, it means you actually need 26.66 days minimum, and 66.65 planned days. Divide the workload into smallest possible unit, and allocate a time to complete it, then sum them together to find the final estimation time.
He's not writing big replies instead of proofreading cause that's a task he outsources (basically because he's not a native English speaker) so right now he's kind of free to do whatever he fancies, like writing big replies. Also, I'd assume that whenever someone talks about x 'days of work' is actually considering their average working hours, so 10 days aren't 240 hours of work but maybe 80-100 hours - they just estimate the amount of work needed and how many hours would take them, and given they know how many hours they can invest per day, they get to those 10 days, just how you're explaining as if it was the Revealed Truth or the ultimate managing pro tip.

So that's not the problem, the delays appear because they simply can't estimate how tricky those final tasks will end up being and what they thought it would take 4 hours it actually takes 8 or more because some nasty bug appears or they failed to realise this time the script to proofread was twice as large as before.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Scott Steiner comes to F95.

Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
Don't be a simp my frend... please
Simp how? I am not paying him to complain about the game. If he releases I am happy, otherwise whatever. You go and do something productive, or find something else to jerk off. You waste your time. When mod comes here, your replies will be gone.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
*sigh* What do you want me to say? That I screwed up the dates? Yes, I screwed up. I didn't take into account that the proofreading would take longer because there was more text in the script, too. As you can understand, my English is far from perfect, so proofreading is hard work, and I can't rush the enthusiasts who help me make the project better.

Honestly, all this hostility seems excessive to me (I'm not talking specifically about your post). I paused on Patreon in January, even though I've been working hard on this update all that month. It will come out for all Patron $5 Tier and above at the same time, without delay. Also, I said that everyone who was my Patron in January or December but is no longer a Patron will also receive the new version. What else should I do?

PS. Please no need to defend me under this post or anything like that. I understand why some people are upset about the extra wait time and my incorrect predictions about the release date, and I'm just giving my opinion and explaining the whole situation from my perspective. As for the release date, once again, the script is currently being proofread. As soon as it's finished, you'll get a release right away. That's it.
Truth be told no one here, other than your patrons, deserves a explanation over dates when they are getting things for free. Specially when they act like a bunch of entitled leachers.

So do your thing MrJet (your game is great) and don't let any pressure from those kind of people bother you. (y)

Nov 27, 2017
Before this game ends, I want to see a threesome with these babes:

1. Catherine and Rosa
2. Anna and Catherine

These two threesomes NEEEEEED to happen! :p

4.20 star(s) 239 Votes