Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Why would it be slapped with abandoned tag when dev is constantly keeping people informed about it. It's underway with the final update then the game will be complete. Who cares if it's been a year since the last one. Really don't get why so many complain.

The update final update will be released when it's ready. Unless you want a release like WWE 2K20 which was clearly not ready for release when it actually was released. Mr Jet has been fantastic at letting people know whats been going on. Had a lot to deal with over the past year and had to deal with an upheavil move as well. Can anyone on this forum be patient anymore? Because all I see is threads being turned into moaning threads about how the games haven't been updated in a few months to a year. If you want it released sooner message Mr Jet and offer your services to them to help complete it....
A dev can regularly lie to his patrons that he's working... Doing it for years. Everyone seems, just because they enjoy the game, to pretend to believe it even in the face of 0 practical results. Any child is aware that there are malicious people who blatantly lie.

This is the reason for the rule. 18 months without an update === abandoned tag... Because devs lie.

Last edited:

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Unfortunatelly games like this are dying. Most games now they can even have beautiful characters but are empty in story. Either because there is no story it is only sex scene. Or are those stories of a guy who lost his father and now have to take care of the landlady, her daughters lol.
SO games with original stories or good script are really dying. I am almost leaving this VN life for good.
I don't think they are dying as much as it boils down to a glaring lack of good writers

I mean lets call spades spades here. A majority of these games are being made and pushed out by foreign devs who possess both the ability and desire to make money creating/peddling sexy renders....and that is pretty much it. Most have enough trouble just clearly communicating in the language where all the money doing it is at, much less possess an ability to write them in a manner that actually resonates with that target audience. So they just default to basically copy catting everything around them that keeps things as easy and simple as possible. And they sure as heck are rarely looking to increase their own investment costs by paying somebody who could better help fill in that void for their project needs.
Why would it be slapped with abandoned tag when dev is constantly keeping people informed about it. It's underway with the final update then the game will be complete. Who cares if it's been a year since the last one. Really don't get why so many complain.

The update final update will be released when it's ready. Unless you want a release like WWE 2K20 which was clearly not ready for release when it actually was released. Mr Jet has been fantastic at letting people know whats been going on. Had a lot to deal with over the past year and had to deal with an upheavil move as well. Can anyone on this forum be patient anymore? Because all I see is threads being turned into moaning threads about how the games haven't been updated in a few months to a year. If you want it released sooner message Mr Jet and offer your services to them to help complete it....
30 days would make theyear and a half between releases mark. Which I believe is the qualification here for the tag.

Was more pointing that out, and what usually happens when it does, more so then complaining there.

But that said...year and a half between updates man. There is patience, and then there's the well earned and established layer of "the overall regularity that we see dramatic and extended life halting event claims happening to and coming out of these these patreon game developers sure seems abnormally high" skepticism imo.

Dec 16, 2018
Ngl, I'm surprised to see a lot of negativity here. It was one of the better games. Sure, the wait is long, but if I were to guess MrJet didn't know how to tie all the threads he started.

Also it's not like there were problems with earlier updates unlike some other games cough cough Milfy City cough cough

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I don't think they are dying as much as it boils down to a glaring lack of good writers

I mean lets call spades spades here. A majority of these games are being made and pushed out by foreign devs who possess both the ability and desire to make money creating/peddling sexy renders....and that is pretty much it.
The irony is, I think there are plenty of good writers out there... but a lot of them lack the skill necessary to handle the rendering/art side of the equation.

Even collabing isn't necessarily a guarantee of success, because a lot of collabs seem to fall apart for one reason or another as the people involved fight over one thing or another.

Ngl, I'm surprised to see a lot of negativity here. It was one of the better games. Sure, the wait is long, but if I were to guess MrJet didn't know how to tie all the threads he started.
Personally, I tend to assume issues in real life. He was pretty solid right up to the end so it feels less like deliberate scamming or incompetence, and the story honestly isn't that complicated that there should be any issue coming up with endings for any of the love interests or the story as a whole.

The only way I see the game itself being the cause of the delay is if he completely panicked over finishing the game, because he's afraid he can't start a new game people will still be willing to pay for, so there's a fear that actually ending the game will cause a huge negative financial impact. Which is why you see a lot of devs just endlessly pad out their stories or keep stretching them out long after they should have ended - it feels more comfortable and safe working on the thing you're already familiar with than ending it to start a new venture. Especially if you don't have any good ideas for a new project.

MrJet

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I'll clarify things a bit (I'll repeat this in Patreon's post tomorrow). The game is in the proofreading phase. We'll try to finish it before Christmas, but there's a chance we might be a couple of days late. While the script is being proofread, I'm working on the animations. But there were some problems here, on December 14, one of my GPUs died. It's good that I had time to finish all the static renders, bad that I didn't have time to finish animations. Therefore, the rendering speed was reduced by half. I wish I could just go to the store the same day and buy a new one, but eleven months of paused payments make themselves known, and at the moment I just can't afford it.

So I used to render about 3-4 animations in a day, now only 2. At the moment, 24 animations are ready. By the time of release will be ready probably ~35. By the end of the year, along with the bugfix, I'll release a dozen more. Objectively speaking, even these animations won't be enough. But better this than another delay.

The only way I see the game itself being the cause of the delay is if he completely panicked over finishing the game, because he's afraid he can't start a new game people will still be willing to pay for, so there's a fear that actually ending the game will cause a huge negative financial impact. Which is why you see a lot of devs just endlessly pad out their stories or keep stretching them out long after they should have ended - it feels more comfortable and safe working on the thing you're already familiar with than ending it to start a new venture. Especially if you don't have any good ideas for a new project.
No. In fact, it's the opposite. I've been eager to start a new game for a long time now, but I can't do it until I finish this one. Unlike BARS (which I did almost blindly), for the new game I have an idea, I have experience, and a strong vision of how things should be done. So it's going to be interesting. Of course, I understand that my income will drop, but at the same time I'll be able to resume my payments on Patreon with a clear conscience. So it's a win-win situation.

MrJet

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Thank you for working so hard on this update. I respect the fact that you are taking the time to make sure to end this game well instead of having to come back to it for more updates. Here's hoping for some Nicole stuff! Cheers mate.
Thanks! To tell you the truth, I don't know how well I finished the game. I mean, some of the players will like it, some won't. It's only natural. Of course, some scenes I would have liked to make bigger, some I just shortened due to lack of time. But all in all, I'm happy with the result. It's a small, somewhat predictable, but at the same time complete story.

And yes, despite the fact that Nicole didn't get her route. She will have a completed story arc with two lewd scenes in the end.

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
Haha! I knew I was right to keep a Emma/Nicole save. I'll go for Nicole on those saves to get those two scenes. Cheers MrJet! I know it will be great to play this update. It will be straight quality!

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022

I mean lets call spades spades here. A majority of these games are being made and pushed out by foreign devs who possess both the ability and desire to make money creating/peddling sexy renders....and that is pretty much it. Most have enough trouble just clearly communicating in the language where all the money doing it is at, much less possess an ability to write them in a manner that actually resonates with that target audience. So they just default to basically copy catting everything around them that keeps things as easy and simple as possible. And they sure as heck are rarely looking to increase their own investment costs by paying somebody who could better help fill in that void for their project needs.

30 days would make theyear and a half between releases mark. Which I believe is the qualification here for the tag.

Was more pointing that out, and what usually happens when it does, more so then complaining there.

But that said...year and a half between updates man. There is patience, and then there's the well earned and established layer of "the overall regularity that we see dramatic and extended life halting event claims happening to and coming out of these these patreon game developers sure seems abnormally high" skepticism imo.
Reading everything you said just makes me think you agreed with me, not otherwise. After all I didnt say VN is dying. I said "VNs like this" referring to the ones with good story, a nice writing. It doesn't need to be a best seller writing, but just some interesting and entertaining one. You hardly see one like these anymore.

And everything you said just says the same, doesn't matter what is the reason these called VN developers have to not write a good story and just copycat others.

lemonsqueezie

Dec 7, 2022
No. In fact, it's the opposite. I've been eager to start a new game for a long time now, but I can't do it until I finish this one. Unlike BARS (which I did almost blindly), for the new game I have an idea, I have experience, and a strong vision of how things should be done. So it's going to be interesting. Of course, I understand that my income will drop, but at the same time I'll be able to resume my payments on Patreon with a clear conscience. So it's a win-win situation.
I've really enjoyed your game so far, and I also want to thank you for your dedication and hard work. I look forward to see how BARS will end, but I'm even more excited about finding out how your new game will turn out. I have no doubt it's gonna be even better. :)

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
Im just looking forward to your next project. It will be nice to see more regular updates for your new game once it gets started up

Reactions: MrJet

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
i know 95% of people here will get angry reading this but it's true (y)
I just down't care, so I'm in the 5% group?

Sorry, maybe you could repeat what was so important you want to tell us? Maybe I care then? And get angry? Maybe I'm just to stupid so I don't care?!

Dec 16, 2018
Ngl, I'm pretty interested what the next game you would make would be about. Maybe you could share a little spoiler? ;)

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
you got so angry you didn't even see what i said
I'm not saying they're bad
Well yes, you did say that, but you also said:
if you're over a certain age and that's your favorite game damn you have bad taste.
So, you're saying that the game's not bad, but people who like it more than others have bad taste?

I'm not at all angry but more than a little confused.

Barretto24

Feb 15, 2021

You must be going ape at how long GTA VI is taking then. We haven't had anything on that apart from some early leaked footage in almost 10 years of development.

If it's being worked on. It's not abandoned. The dev posted a few weeks ago on his status and the game and again this week. How about taking them at their word rather than calling them liars (in response to the other poster)

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 239 Votes