Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Perhaps I am just stupid, but I genuinely am unsure of how to get the "Motivate Sister" event to trigger. I've got Sasha at 100 Corruption, 13 Trust, and somehow "Main Quest Step: 6/10". (When shouldn't motivating her be four?) The helper says to "Go to Mom bedroom when Mom is there. (20 to 22hs).

Since then I've done so several times: nothing triggers.

I've seen this is a FAQ and have looked as hard as I can including attempting to use the console to check what the mother is at (though I know she's at 9/10), and to see if I can somehow put her state back so I can trigger the events, but it seems impossible. Attempting to use the console simply:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

EDIT: I swear to god the very minute I posted this I entered the game and it was suddenly fixed. Cheers lads!

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I've seen this is a FAQ and have looked as hard as I can including attempting to use the console to check what the mother is at (though I know she's at 9/10), and to see if I can somehow put her state back so I can trigger the events, but it seems impossible. Attempting to use the console simply:
Glad you've got it fixed but just for future reference: The console isn't working for you because you're missing an 's': SugarCube.State.variables

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Glad you've got it fixed but just for future reference: The console isn't working for you because you're missing an 's': SugarCube.State.variables
Goodness that makes me look silly. Though the SugarCube.State.variable.mom.mainquest is actually taken directly from Step 1 one of the FAQ for fixing that particular bug. Oh well.

While I'm here: loving the game! Keep it up.

Edit: Actually, now I've gotten to the cooking portion. I'm fairly convinced it is *actually* impossible to complete the maze. I've had perfect runs and the sauce always gets oily.

Last edited:
Reactions: gregers

Vln_

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2018
Believe it or not we really are planning to reduce the grind and we already did a few tech updates to reduce it, we are just unsure of what would be the best way to reduce it? More interactions? Increasing stats gain per interaction? More random events?

Tutuooo

Sep 10, 2019
Believe it or not we really are planning to reduce the grind and we already did a few tech updates to reduce it, we are just unsure of what would be the best way to reduce it? More interactions? Increasing stats gain per interaction? More random events?
My two cents: the interactions may have both trust and corrupt stats instead of just one or other, when I play forgot what interaction gave trust or corrupt

Reactions: Forgotted

Vln_

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2018
ok thank you i am waiting
The needed variable didn't exist so seems like someone manipulated it within the console. He can restart the whole quest with SugarCube.State.variables.quest.basement = 0, and going to the kitchen

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Perhaps one way to reduce the grind would be to make more use of the gifting mechanics. Gift someone a Dildo Set 9000 and bam: their corruption is up by four. Gift someone a watch or something and boom: they get two more trust. (So long as these are universal: all girls accept any item, then it could work well.)

Keep in mind that due to the construction of the game things have to past a threshold, they don't need to be one to one. So I believe I already noticed some of it happening, but it seems as though corruption/trust was increasing in gains as I progressed through a character's story. 5/6 ways through the main quest? Each event raised the corruption by 3, 4, not 1. (I believe it was with Carla/Missy that I noticed this.) Doing more of this would be good.

Unfortunately I do think that some of it is not removable. At a certain point it is very very lucrative to do things: the business eventually gives an enormous amount of money. If I need any for the entirety of the future of the game I am set. The problem was grinding the Cock & Bull until that was lucrative. (Though still fairly quick.)

Stats on a personal level (strength, intelligence, dom, endurance) are actually very easy to level and should require no adjustment. So that leaves money and girls' stats that need to be rebalanced... Somehow. It's the early portions for money that need a bit of rebalancing: so perhaps make working the Cock & Bull and getting more money not just reliant on working hard. Work there three weeks, and you pass the threshold for the next upgrade. Work nine and you reach another threshold. This is slow and probably poorly chosen numbers but just an example.

Another way would perhaps give something to the player that increases their gains. Go to the strange shop and obtain a mood ring: your trust now is levelled up by two instead of one each time you do a trust event. Some items like that could be effective to reducing the grind: if prioritized early game their utility/effect is very very large.

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Cooking maze still seemingly non-functional. :(
(Or at least I must have given it 15 tries before the patch, and a few times now after and still nada. Stupid sauce.)

deadmetal

May 7, 2017
Cooking maze still seemingly non-functional. :(
(Or at least I must have given it 15 tries before the patch, and a few times now after and still nada. Stupid sauce.)
You aint alone, still broken and at this point should just be removed, pointless minigame that doesnt add anything to the game but frustration and thats with the minigames that actually work let alone the maze that is just plain broken

Reactions: Knanpa
3.70 star(s) 41 Votes