4.50 star(s) 49 Votes

katatog12321

Jul 27, 2019
Is this game linear or can you choose what routes to do? I only played an early version when there was to little content to tell.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Mixdrop download of 9.1 is reporting a virus or malware.
Let me guess, you use Kaspersky... or 1-3 obscure or otherwise unreliable definitions on the 60+ used on VirusTotal told you so? Either way - it's a false positive or a shit antivirus app. That, or you clicked the wrong thing.

skraf

Sep 12, 2018
Let me guess, you use Kaspersky... or 1-3 obscure or otherwise unreliable definitions on the 60+ used on VirusTotal told you so? Either way - it's a false positive or a shit antivirus app. That, or you clicked the wrong thing.
I use MalwareBytes, and the virus alert isn't on the PixelDrain download, only the Mixdrop.

It couldn't possibly be that maybe I know what I'm doing after being an IT professional since the mid 1980's now could it? It has to be a crappy virus scanner and a false alert, right? It couldn't possibly be Mixdrop and PixelDrain are reporting very different download sizes, right? It just has to be user error.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I use MalwareBytes, and the virus alert isn't on the PixelDrain download, only the Mixdrop.
I tried all four platform versions through Mixdrop and got a warning on all of them from my Chrome that there might be an issue. I then ran them through VirusTotal.

PC:

Mac:

Linux:

Droid:

Just the usual unreliable Jiangmin detected something in the PC compressed, all the others report clean. MalwareBytes did not detect anything in VirusTotal's scan in any of the four.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorde Cyber Saurus

skraf

Sep 12, 2018
I tried all four platform versions through Mixdrop and got a warning on all of them from my Chrome that there might be an issue. I then ran them through VirusTotal (waiting for the other three to upload since they haven't been scanned into their database, yet).

PC:

Just the usual unreliable Jiangmin detected something. MalwareBytes did not detect anything in VirusTotal's scan.
It couldn't possibly be that maybe I know what I'm doing after being an IT professional since the mid 1980's now could it? It has to be a crappy virus scanner and a false alert, right? It couldn't possibly be Mixdrop and PixelDrain are reporting very different download sizes, right? It just has to be user error.

You do realize that these download servers operate not just 1 server, but a server farm, and it could very well be that one of the servers has been compromised, right? You could get completely different downloads from the same download company.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
One of the sites uses the decimal designation for MB (1,000,000 bytes). The other site uses the binary (1,048,576 bytes).

If you want to compare curricula vitae, join me in a private chat. I've been on PCs since learning BASIC on a Radio Shack TRS-80 in 1981.

Reactions: Bringbigdick

skraf

Sep 12, 2018
One of the sites uses the decimal designation for MB (1,000,000 bytes). The other site uses the binary (1,048,576 bytes).

If you want to compare curricula vitae, join me in a private chat. I've been on PCs since learning BASIC on a Radio Shack TRS-80 in 1981.
And I've been on them since the Vic 20 in 1978. Yes, I know 1MB and and 1,000,000 bytes are different, but that does not account for a 30MB difference in size.

4.50 star(s) 49 Votes