AjackKnife

Apr 27, 2017
I recently started playing this game and really like it so far but there are a few things I don't understand yet / have some questions about:
  1. I read that this game has multiple endings (apart from the "you died" endings) and I wonder how much my choices and also my general behavior towards other characters matters.
  2. How does the farming mechanic work? Does it matter if an area has many or just a few spice symbols? Do multiple troops in one area harvest more spice or is that inefficient?
  3. Are there events based on days/time? I tend to play this game rather slowly and wonder if I miss events because of this or if this has other bad consequences.
  4. Is the story linear or are there multiple story branches depending on my choices?
1. The multiple endings are just at the end. After getting an ending, you will get a choice to jump back to that point before you made the choices for any ending. Only one ending is a bit tricky, lady Jessica pseudo end (don't use voice on her)
2. Simple farming mechanic. Just move the Fremen when those green spots (spice) are gone to ones that have more. Harvest faster with harvesters you can buy.
3. Nope
4. Linear until you make an ending choice at the very end.

Apr 7, 2019
1. The multiple endings are just at the end. After getting an ending, you will get a choice to jump back to that point before you made the choices for any ending. Only one ending is a bit tricky, lady Jessica pseudo end (don't use voice on her)
2. Simple farming mechanic. Just move the Fremen when those green spots (spice) are gone to ones that have more. Harvest faster with harvesters you can buy.
3. Nope
4. Linear until you make an ending choice at the very end.
Thanks for the answers. :D

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
ty! Never thought to try that.

Dec 18, 2017
Got bored and decided to get creative... here's a fun little GTA-like cover for Behind The Dune! I've made one for Vega Hunters as well. Criticism is welcomed!
View attachment 976579 View attachment 976580

P.S. If you didn't notice, these are sized for Steam! I've been making a bunch of Steam Grids for NSFW/Lewd games lately and creating pages for them on . Behind The Dune's page should be up within the next few days (as soon as they verify it), and I've posted a bunch of other stuff on there already! Vega Hunter's page should follow shortly.
this looks really amazing! idk why david never put that picture of RM in the game tho

Reactions: beatmeatgosleep

reynold.biplane

Dec 11, 2018
Is there an updated walkthrough? The walkthough linked is missing a lot of scenes.
There is a newer one available directly on the creator's site. It is also not up to date but still better than the one linked here. The game is as good as finished. If David finally decides to stop adding stuff, somebody will probably get to work making a new walkthrough.

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
I couldn't access the creator's site so I made a very simple guide. It doesn't contain the dialogue options, but it should give a good idea for how/where to unlock each scene.
Very useful but some of these need more direction
Page 4 no5 in particular. (Mother bride? not sure)

u0204

Oct 14, 2020
Very useful but some of these need more direction
Page 4 no5 in particular. (Mother bride? not sure)
I updated some points in the guide. I wrote this after a few playthroughs of the game, so the directions may still not be very clear on your first playthrough. However, if you reach the point described in the guide you can keep trying to unlock the scenes, as almost every interaction, except the ending, can be done again without using saves if you leave the conversation.

Reactions: RobertoCasas

Wrr

Apr 24, 2018
Just watched Lynch’s Dune for the first time last night and boy does that make this game make a whole lot more sense. The game even manages to quickly brush over vast portions of the plot and action just the way the film did!
Game is a bit too comprehensible though.

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
Just watched Lynch’s Dune for the first time last night and boy does that make this game make a whole lot more sense. The game even manages to quickly brush over vast portions of the plot and action just the way the film did!
Game is a bit too comprehensible though.
I saw the action figures in a Gamestop. I love these renditions far better.

Linoprowler

Sep 23, 2017
hm... why this game shows up if you search by futa/trans tag? I dont see such tag in spoiler and i haven't seen such content in game...

4.40 star(s) 98 Votes