PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Is there "ever" going to be an Incest route that doesn't end in disaster?
Sadly no, if I know Balsamique (and I have been following this game for YEARS).
He doesn't like it at all but since it's one of the main interests of the fans he will keep teasing to keep the hype high, then ruining the experience in some way or another when he has to deliver (insulting the MC for taking the path, adding scat, and so on).

Last edited:

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Sadly no, if I know Balsamique (and I have been following this game for YEARS).
He doesn't like it at all but since it's one of the main interests of the fans he will keep teasing to keep the hype high, then ruining the experience in some way or another when he has to deliver (insulting the MC for taking the path, adding scat, and so on).
The Modded version has one, where it does not end in Disaster. I just don't have the latest version of it.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
The Modded version has one, where it does not end in Disaster. I just don't have the latest version of it.
Sure it does, and I can't thank 10dlorenzo too much for that, even if he doesn't update it anymore.
Still, it needed a mod from a fan to get it, so my point is still valid in regard to the original BtD.

Dom1anon

Jun 21, 2018
All versions of it are in here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/behind-the-dune-v2-33-2-david-balsamique.128/page-230#post-7164491
Be sure to read the documentation. If you don't, you will almost certainly mess up the progression of the story.
I usually don't play unfinished games, but I downloaded the file there just to see what was added or removed during the development, sadly the changelog file in the 1.0 folder doesn't really say anything about it and checking so many different versions to see the changes seems a bit excessive.
Were there any notable things removed or changed from 1.0 to 2.0?

Dec 11, 2018
I usually don't play unfinished games, but I downloaded the file there just to see what was added or removed during the development, sadly the changelog file in the 1.0 folder doesn't really say anything about it and checking so many different versions to see the changes seems a bit excessive.
Were there any notable things removed or changed from 1.0 to 2.0?
Some of the character designs were changed. Both small and big changes. Many scenes were changed. Sometimes even replaced with completely different ones. Lots of dialogue is different. The story progression is a bit different. The economy works differently (you have to manually send spice to the Emperor, for example).

Give V13.4 a shot. These old versions are super short.

Dom1anon

Jun 21, 2018
Some of the character designs were changed. Both small and big changes. Many scenes were changed. Sometimes even replaced with completely different ones. Lots of dialogue is different. The story progression is a bit different. The economy works differently (you have to manually send spice to the Emperor, for example).

Give V13.4 a shot. These old versions are super short.
I think I played some kind of 1.0 version many, many years ago because it was marked as finished back then.
Did the 2.0 versions have similar sweeping changes or did he stick to a basic build then and just added to it?

Dec 11, 2018
Within the 2.0 versions, there wasn't too much change, mostly just adding new stuff on top, except for dialogue but that is unfortunatley never documented anywhere. Otherwise the changelogs are quite complete.
One significant change, that I remember, was to Alia. Her figure used to be much more child-like and that was altered early on.

Tighter

Sep 28, 2017
Within the 2.0 versions, there wasn't too much change, mostly just adding new stuff on top, except for dialogue but that is unfortunatley never documented anywhere. Otherwise the changelogs are quite complete.
One significant change, that I remember, was to Alia. Her figure used to be much more child-like and that was altered early on.
Do you happen to have a side by side of the old Alia and new Alia? I never knew a change on her figure occured.

dudeguy23

May 22, 2018
Do you happen to have a side by side of the old Alia and new Alia? I never knew a change on her figure occured.
i don't think anyone "happens" to have that, but yeah, if you go to one of the older versions, alia used be completely flat. thats it. balsa changed it because he started adding some scenes with her and didn't want to get into trouble with patreon.

dudeguy23

May 22, 2018
View attachment 1710570
old Alia
View attachment 1710572
Alia from 2.20.1 onwards

This change occured after some scenes with Alia had already been added (lollypop and shower with Irulan I think).
Those scenes weren't changed, though. Alia has always been curvy in those.
exactly. i think it was on a deleted patreon post or something where balsa mentioned changing alia's body type in scenes because of patreon rules. can't confirm it tho.
also a few weeks ago some guy was working on a alia mod that changes her breast size, so there's that to look forward to.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Funny how he doesn't have a problem with the son fucking the brains out of his mother.
Funny how you selectively choose only parts of the conversation.
The topic was having an incest path without negative connotations, not incest per se.
Jessica's titfuck was in fact the very first scene that Balsamique realized, because he understood very well how much M/S sex could help his game gain notoriety.

But he spent the next years teasing without delivering, then giving us an anal sex with scat instead (the Duncan regaining memory scene), then a proper sex scene but only using the Voice and for all purposes a rape scene, even adding lines of text to the game where Paul is insulted and diminished for choosing to do it. Why do that instead of simply refusing it? Because money talks, so the author wanted to keep all the fans, but since he clearly dislikes that content he peppered with unpleasantness like that.

After almost 5 years he teased the wedding ending, only to make it only a vision of a possible future. Talk about bullshitting the fans. All the while he added pissing, scat and futa left and right, which of course are much more interesting... (to him, at least).

Even now, you can have consensual sex with ALL the women in the game before the ending except Jessica and Alia. Balsamique himself said he doesn't like incest, I am not inventing anything. And I am not even considering all the pressure about having Alia scenes because I am much less interested in her than Jessica, but I promise you that it took even more insistence from fans to have them (and again, you wanted Alia sex? She does it with Duncan, of course! Oh, you meant with Paul? Ok, what about her squeezing his balls? Or having a fisting pic of Baron Harkonnen to the side? and so on).

So yes, Sir Ice, Balsamique does not like incest. AND he does have problems with those scenes, or he would have added them much earlier and without complaints. He could have simply said no affirming his artistic vision over the requests of the public and I would have so much more respect for him for that. But thing went differently.

Reactions: CursedFlame91
Dec 11, 2018

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
tyreu hi, there's some posts in this thread telling how to run the SWF files (edit: the official standalone player download has been removed by Adobe, so use the Internet Archive): https://f95zone.to/threads/behind-the-dune-v2-33-2-david-balsamique.128/post-7858298

Some people have storage permission problems using that method. The solution is in the "Flash control panel", allowing persistent saving. Or something like that.

Edit: I use this same standalone player method to play the free version of Kingdom Rush, it's a SWF file.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 97 Votes