Feb 28, 2018
Let's not get our hopes up too high, though. A mod can only do so much. And as far as I understand, this game is not exactly easy to modify.
That's true. I once looked into it myself but wasn't able to safely decompile the game completely. Changing existing assets and texts should be rather easy, but tinkering with the scripts (e.g. adding new scenes) has a high chance of breaking something.

I hope that David will release the source code some day.

Dec 11, 2018
is there a way to have multiple saves for the game?
The game only keeps a single save file. I assume, that's because the game is quite short and you're supposed to play through it multiple times to unlock everything.

Anyway, the save file can be found at:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[NUMBERSTRING]\localhost\Users\[USERNAME]\Downloads\BehindTheDune_v2.xx.exe
You could take that save and put it somewhere else and let the game create a new one.

Chipote

Aug 31, 2017
Afternoon people, I'm kinda good gone, I'm not having a good economic time, but I would like David to take up this game, or do Behind the Dune 2, it would be really great, I haven't seen Alia, Yueh and Mapes giving Paul a blowjob yet ,and there would also be a little more Anal Scenes (without poo) and some Trios (Paul, Alia and Duncan) I also leave you this video that I saw on twitter that a person made of the Harkonnen Final, when I asked David to Animate him he told me that it was very difficult and he was not going to be able to, but another person managed to do it, it would be great if David added it to a new version of the game

View attachment FBdCrGdXEAYMtQE.mp4

Dec 11, 2018
I sent you a torrent file in a "conversation" (like a private message?) that should allow you to get it with qbittorrent or other torrent software. If you don't have it in your "inbox" or conversions or whatever let me know and I'll try to post it publicly. I will seed for a few days at least.
Awesome stuff! So many previously missing versions! A lot of fanart! Including some good ones, I've never seen before!
Here they are for those, that aren't interested in downloading the whole legacy pack:
896311_Rev1.png 896312_Rev2.png 896314_Rev3.png 95509436_p0.jpg 95509436_p1.jpg

Right now I'm sorting everything and deleting duplicates and stuff I consider superfluous. Not too much work, actually. The only really big change I'm making to your archive, is that I'm deleting most of the content from the extra artwork folder as well as the video walkthroughs. I'm intending it only for artwork made by Balsamique, that doesn't appear in the game itself.
Then I'm going to upload the updated pack to Mega. This will take quite a while. My upload speed is rather paltry.

Edit: Correction. Actually the 3D illustrations aren't fanart. They were made by David himself.

Last edited:

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Edit: Correction. Actually the 3D illustrations aren't fanart. They were made by David himself.
Those look like reference images for posing, like with those articulated wood dolls for artists.

Some programs like Clip Studio Paint come with generic models that you can use for reference.

...but the one from David looks like a Daz3D model that he customized to his vision of Alia for the extra reference for things like hair etc.
That explains why his characters are so well-posed and look 3D.

dudeguy23

May 22, 2018
Those look like reference images for posing, like with those articulated wood dolls for artists.

Some programs like Clip Studio Paint come with generic models that you can use for reference.

...but the one from David looks like a Daz3D model that he customized to his vision of Alia for the extra reference for things like hair etc.
That explains why his characters are so well-posed and look 3D.
i think you're wrong.
i'm pretty sure they're part of this series of sorts that balsa has going on his pixiv (Depraved monsters, look at the watermark). i know for sure that alia model is actually a bit older than the other models on his pixiv, and he couldn't upload it on his patreon because of obvious reasons, and these models were made with honey select (not Daz), and he used faceapp to make the faces more "realistic" i guess. he might've used them for reference, but their main purpose is indeed pleasure.

just a little reminder that balsa really likes lolis, but being dependent on patreon kinda forced him to hide his loli content.

Reactions: dokodesuka
Dec 11, 2018
Here it is, the second iteration of the Big-Ass Legacy Pack.

Thanks to meatnowhere, for providing many seeminlgy lost old versions, including the important 14.3, which is the final version of the original BtD and also the very first build (it has no version number), which I didn't even know was ever realeased to the public! There's nothing in it but one room, Duncan Idaho, Jessica and a sketch of her boobjob.

As before, the latest version of the game is NOT included here.
Fanart is now included in this pack instead of in a seperate download, as I've replaced that one large video file with a smaller one.

The main thing missing now is changelogs for the 1.0 versions. I know they exist. They used to be posted on another board, but I didn't think to save them at the time and now those threads are defunct. These changelogs would be quite useful in finding specific content quickly. I suspect, that they were originally to be found in David's patreon posts. Could someone with access maybe take a look and see, if they are still there?

Edit: Obsolete again! Version 3 is out. Get it here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/behind-the-dune-and-vega-hunters-legacy-packs.151846/

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 97 Votes