TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Anyone heard of anything from Crispy King? about the mommy mod? Not sure if it is still happening or not. He said he might if there was enough interest, which I believe there is plenty.

--___-- Dam I wish we could get 10x more content for this game. More npcs, more endings, etc.

Reactions: retseg

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
Unironically liked the blocky shields from the old movie better then the wooshy fizzy type shields
Right? It made sense actually. The simplest form possible, encompassing the body, most efficient calculation to the shield form is straight lines. Seems much more possible. Unless it was something utilizing the energy of the body, radiating outwards from the bones/blood.

Reactions: IronManFolgore

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Right? It made sense actually. The simplest form possible, encompassing the body, most efficient calculation to the shield form is straight lines. Seems much more possible. Unless it was something utilizing the energy of the body, radiating outwards from the bones/blood.
Then you should watch this YouTube video, a VFX studio tried to apply the old Dune “blocky” shields to the training combat scene:

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
I'mma be honest, the boxiness makes no sense to me. I'm not exactly familiar with the Dune tech, but I'd assume the shield is projected from something on their body, so arbitrarily shaping the shield into cuboids seems like it would just be more work.

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
I'mma be honest, the boxiness makes no sense to me. I'm not exactly familiar with the Dune tech, but I'd assume the shield is projected from something on their body, so arbitrarily shaping the shield into cuboids seems like it would just be more work.
It's a wristband. Guess it'd just try to calculate the simplest shape to encompass whatever organic/electrical field it was attached to, not including the ground.
Some kind of refractive light. Like a lightsaber, that stops at a certain length, just just makes simple geometric shapes around itself.

jvdw92

Sep 30, 2019
I've just tested downloading and extracting them with 7Zip. Worked fine, but F95Zone renamed them by adding a random number to them, like:
1754141_dune_2.18_mod.part1.rar
1754138_dune_2.18_mod.part2.rar

Rename those files to:
dune_2.18_mod.part1.rar
dune_2.18_mod.part2.rar

Then it should work just fine.
how does the mod work exactly????????

eaglestrike210

Aug 7, 2019
Huh, so now they're redirecting that page. This wasn't happening when I tried it, so it must be new.

The Internet Archive still provides a download link to the standalone projector for SWF files in their backup copy of that page:

I don't know what other reputable places you can get it from. Please be careful when downloading and running executables from elsewhere.
I tried this, it only gives me a grey screen. Is there something that I am missing?

Reactions: genghis khan

reynold.biplane

Dec 11, 2018
I tried this, it only gives me a grey screen. Is there something that I am missing?
Do you mean the page gives you a grey screen or the player gives you a grey screen?

If it's the latter, simply opening a SWF file with the flash player also doesn't work for me. Instead, I open the flash player and then drag and drop the SWF file onto the player window.

4.40 star(s) 98 Votes