Minipax84

Sep 26, 2017
theres a few games ive played from this site which unfortunately, have had viruses on them. Its mainly japanese games that have them. The most recent one Ive had was a browser hijacker. very hard to remove and a lot viruses are very hard for antivirus to pick up now, I even had one that remapped my pc script so I couldnt factory reset my pc at home so I had to do the walk of shame to my nearest pc store to have them do it. (Whenever anyone goes in for a pc wipe they all know why o_o.) Im sure I have a dozen or so right now because theres no explanation for why my pc is so slow on start up ¬_¬
Which ones?

RishBish

Aug 5, 2016
How do you feel about the movie that came out last year?
I've got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I'm glad that it seems the entire story may be told, though less happy that they of course are going the money grabbing route of having multiple films to do so. I like that a lot of the story is being told, but as usual with every adaptation, they get things wrong or leave some things out.

Overall I liked it, though casting choices for certain characters kinda knocked it down a few pegs in my eye. In my opinion it's a type of adaptation where you need to take a bunch of unknowns that are good actors who haven't had a shot yet, and let them do their thing instead of putting some high profile names in it to try to draw out a bunch of money. The story is the important part, not who plays this one minor character that dies in the first act or two. This time, at least, the fremen actually look like desert people somewhat.

I say it as it currently stands with all my gripes about it to be around 7/10. Different casting choices may have elevated it up to 8. Finishing the story finally will jump it up to 8, which could have been 9 if casting choices were different.

Reactions: dokodesuka

zonked5000

Dec 12, 2018
I've got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I'm glad that it seems the entire story may be told, though less happy that they of course are going the money grabbing route of having multiple films to do so. I like that a lot of the story is being told, but as usual with every adaptation, they get things wrong or leave some things out.

Overall I liked it, though casting choices for certain characters kinda knocked it down a few pegs in my eye. In my opinion it's a type of adaptation where you need to take a bunch of unknowns that are good actors who haven't had a shot yet, and let them do their thing instead of putting some high profile names in it to try to draw out a bunch of money. The story is the important part, not who plays this one minor character that dies in the first act or two. This time, at least, the fremen actually look like desert people somewhat.

I say it as it currently stands with all my gripes about it to be around 7/10. Different casting choices may have elevated it up to 8. Finishing the story finally will jump it up to 8, which could have been 9 if casting choices were different.
THey aren't telling the whole story though, they're still only telling facets of the story.
There's no dinner scene, the relationship between Jessica and Duke Leto is cut very short, and Liet-Kynes is killed off way too quick, in a completely different way than in the book. And all of these things are pretty significant to the plot.
I mean I like it, but they're focusing on telling one tiny bit of the story, and they're also kinda making Duncan more of a character than he was in the book.
And what the fuck is up with the whole laserbeam chasing a flyer scene? I'm pretty sure the whole reason, we have shields, and we don't use lasers, is because it causes a small nuclear reaction, so it seems like a really dumb scene to put in there.
I mean it's a cool looking scene, but it's not in the book, and it's canonically false.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the movie, but it does not do the book justice, not even close, it's like a 8/10 if you just judge it solely as a movie, but if you're judging it as a movie attempting to do Dune justice it's probably 6.5 or 7.

RishBish

Aug 5, 2016
THey aren't telling the whole story though, they're still only telling facets of the story.
There's no dinner scene, the relationship between Jessica and Duke Leto is cut very short, and Liet-Kynes is killed off way too quick, in a completely different way than in the book. And all of these things are pretty significant to the plot.
I mean I like it, but they're focusing on telling one tiny bit of the story, and they're also kinda making Duncan more of a character than he was in the book.
And what the fuck is up with the whole laserbeam chasing a flyer scene? I'm pretty sure the whole reason, we have shields, and we don't use lasers, is because it causes a small nuclear reaction, so it seems like a really dumb scene to put in there.
I mean it's a cool looking scene, but it's not in the book, and it's canonically false.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the movie, but it does not do the book justice, not even close, it's like a 8/10 if you just judge it solely as a movie, but if you're judging it as a movie attempting to do Dune justice it's probably 6.5 or 7.
Facts.

They're telling more of the story though than *some* attempts I've seen. But of course the hollywood aversion to making a literal translation from book to movie instead of adaptations is quite apparent, especially when viewing projects like Dune.

The Duncan change is stupid. They just did it for that hollywood cash grab where they cast high-visibility actors and actresses to play minor roles. And then sometimes change the roles so that actor/actress stays in the film longer, no matter that it makes it less like the source material. It's like if they took a game like Resident Evil and cast some high profile actors/actresses and made an oc a mary su....oh they already did that.

Next thing they'll try to do when making another Dune 'adaptation' is cast a really popular actor as Duncan, or maybe Gurney, and instead of following the book, that character will kill off Paul, become the kwisatz hadderack (omfg I may just google that shit to get that right) and become Muad'dib to the fremen and lead the revolution.

PS, if you couldn't tell, I absolutely hate the casting of momoa as Duncan. I get that he's this super popular actor and all the girls fucking gush vagina lube just looking at him, even the lesbian ones, but come on. He just doesn't seem like a very good fit for Duncan as a character. A fremen, *maybe*, if it weren't for the desert thing. One of the sardakar? That seems more likely.

Feb 15, 2018
On the one hand, I'm glad that it seems the entire story may be told, though less happy that they of course are going the money grabbing route of having multiple films to do so.
How in the world could they tell a satisfying Dune story in one movie? Like everything in just one, or just the first book? Either way I think it would have been impossible to tell that in a way that wasn't awful.

Charlie78

Jan 18, 2018
I can't download this file. I become a virus-warning for a Trojaner.
Win10 is blocking the DL. :cry:

Last edited:

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Theres been many, the most recent one I tried which had a blatant virus was Mamasu. (I think its called?) A visual novel where you fuck your mother. Honestly, I wish I could relay to you all of them but Im downbad and played A LOT to pinpoint exactly which ones had them lol
If you downloaded it from itch.io, then check this thread:

https://f95zone.to/threads/itch-io-virus.124943/

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
if Crispyking or someone else ever gets into modmaking again, you can send them some money.
Hm, counterpoint: if people are putting money on it, maybe do it in HTML5 or some fresh engine.
I think Flash modding is limited to changing things, and difficult if not impossible to add new stuff like new events, dialogues, animations etc. -- you can only change preexisting ones.

I usually download games from the links given at the bottom of the description of the game
Sorry to hear about that. How do you know that the virus came from that particular game here on F95? Not everyone can upload on here, so uploaders must check for viruses or at least I'd like to believe so.

Nov 1, 2017
Hm, counterpoint: if people are putting money on it, maybe do it in HTML5 or some fresh engine.
I think Flash modding is limited to changing things, and difficult if not impossible to add new stuff like new events, dialogues, animations etc. -- you can only change preexisting ones.

Sorry to hear about that. How do you know that the virus came from that particular game here on F95? Not everyone can upload on here, so uploaders must check for viruses or at least I'd like to believe so.
Well the only games I download is from this site. Its either the game itself or, a patch for the game that is needed for extra/modified content

reynold.biplane

Dec 11, 2018
Sure, it would be ideal, if someone could port the game to another engine, but I imagine this would be even more difficut. Otherwise David would have done it already, no? This is just conjecture, of course. I have zero understanding of coding or animating.

Besides, in the unlikely event, that someone would be willing to invest a lot of effort and funding could be secured, I'd suggest a fansequel would be better than a mere mod. After all, why mess with what's already there? From a narrative perspective, there is little reason to insert more incest into the already existing story. The pacing of the developing relationship with Jessica is good as it is, in my opinion. And it is already set up in a way, that allows this relationship to develop even more in the future (vision of a wedding, Paul's ability as Emperor to ignore or change laws + Alia becoming more like her wicked grandfather). Dune Messiah also offers a lot of exciting ways to expand the storyline, as many have already stated.

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
From a narrative perspective, there is little reason to insert more incest into the already existing story. The pacing of the developing relationship with Jessica is good as it is, in my opinion.
I understand. To put this in a constructive way, I feel the M/S content in the game is a bit shallow. If someone asked me to work on it, I'd add more choices and more buildup (i.e. having the player grind more for Paul to seduce Jessica, especially after the Harkonnen attack on the palace and Leto's death).
Because then the reward is having their relationship be more meaningful, consensual, her being attracted back to him, showing initiative... stuff like that.
Dune Messiah also offers a lot of exciting ways to expand the storyline, as many have already stated.
I don't know much of the other books. Looking at the Fandom wiki, that Messiah book only mentions of Jessica. Do you think there's a way to add M/S content in a game adaptation of Messiah, or are you talking about using other characters altogether?

Last edited:

kami shigiri

Mar 12, 2018
is it like just me or there are others who also want one on one scene with dr yueh it can go either way that wont matter but a one on one scene would be freaking awesome ... i mean why add her in the game if she cant get even one scene of glory

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
I understand. To put this in a constructive way, I feel the M/S content in the game is a bit shallow. If someone asked me to work on it, I'd add more choices and more buildup (i.e. having the player grind more for Paul to seduce Jessica, especially after the Harkonnen attack on the palace and Leto's death).
Because then the reward is having their relationship be more meaningful, consensual, her being attracted back to him, showing initiative... stuff like that.
Without getting too in-depth about such a lighthearted parody, I do think this is a problem with the game in general even outside of Jessica's character. Not that it really matters or is big enough to detract from the enjoyment for what the game actually is, but I can't help but wish that there was a more narratively dense version that took a lot of the same scenes and ideas (plus David's iconic art style which I ~adore~), but gave them more room to breathe. Like even Harkonnen as the big villain doesn't have any dramatic presence for 95% of the story until the very end, which seems like such a waste. Or how casual the big finale is with Paul choosing which ending he will get; for example, if you decide to ally with Harkonnen (which comes completely out of left field unless you squint as hard as humanly possible), you never get to see any sort of reaction from Jessica, and you'd think that she would be pretty damn vocal about being denied her chance for revenge right at the finish line.

Plus, I would've really enjoyed more emphasis on the Voice being a manipulative shortcut that locks you out of a hypothetical romance path for Jessica, presenting the player with an opportunity to do it the easy way right out of the gate or the hard way by actually interacting with her in a more substantive way over the course of the game. You get the briefest hint of this with the bad ending that he added if you do it to her too many times or the underlying implications of the Harkonnen ending, but I feel like it would've worked much better with a full "good guy" path available to offer some contrast.

4.40 star(s) 98 Votes