TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Huge decline in david's patreon
That is cause DUNE = Breadwinner. Everyone is/was here for DUNE. Dune is where the Heart Lies. That is what they say !

not trying to be a dick or mean or anything, but no one cared if he developed new games on the side or anything, as long as dune was the Main or atleast got some decent updates. Bal's Dune will still be the most popular of all his stuff. Sure he is bored/tired of it, but everyone else still CRAVES content. There is so much he could continue, as I said in previous comments. Continue dune on restoring planet to Forest paradise, super worms, have a conspiracy using a female clone of the baron, and way more. He did some after dune stuff, where you can return 10 years later after the ending.

Last edited:

reynold.biplane

Dec 11, 2018
Maybe it's also because it's becoming increasely difficult to find a platform to run a flash game. Not everyone straigh downloads the executable.
The new game is being developed in Unity, though.

That is cause DUNE = Breadwinner. Everyone is/was here for DUNE. Dune is where the Heart Lies. That is what they say !

not trying to be a dick or mean or anything, but no one cared if he developed new games on the side or anything, as long as dune was the Main or atleast got some decent updates. Bal's Dune will still be the most popular of all his stuff. Sure he is bored/tired of it, but everyone else still CRAVES content. There is so much he could continue, as I said in previous comments. Continue dune on restoring planet to Forest paradise, super worms, have a conspiracy using a female clone of the baron, and way more. He did some after dune stuff, where you can return 10 years later after the ending.
I expect, that Patreon numbers will increase again, once David releases the first public build of Horror in Hongdae. But probably not as much berfore. Then again, I also didn't expect BtD to become as popular as it did. We'll see.

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
The new game is being developed in Unity, though.

I expect, that Patreon numbers will increase again, once David releases the first public build of Horror in Hongdae. But probably not as much berfore. Then again, I also didn't expect BtD to become as popular as it did. We'll see.
It will fall short, nothing wrong with the new game. Just not here for it. BtD needs to be ported or remastered in Unity.

Mastergimble

Sep 18, 2019
It bothers me so much, but I can understand, why it is done that way. The tragedy of every attempt to adapt Dune, is that none of the major characters are really relatable on an emotional level (and unrelatable = unlikeable to the average viewer). They are all overbred, highly trained and educated space-aristocrats, who have shed a lot of the flaws, that make us human (or at least we think they make us human).
Or at least they *think* that they've shed those flaws...:sneaky:

It's third wave feminism which has been dominating hollywood for the last 7 years at least. Apparently boobs are evil now, among other things. Not to wonder. For TWF the maximum aspiration for women empowerment is to basically become men and the most hideous punishment men deserve for the crime of being men is to be turned into women.
My conclusion? Feminists hate women.
Very astute. (y)

I don't think feminism can be blamed for this one. This goes waaay back. Feminism has only recently taken over the age-old tradition of moralists to suppress sexuality.
I think you're sort of missing the forest for the trees here. Feminism *is* the corrosive, unrestrained female sexuality that the old societal guardians were always trying to keep a lid on (with varying degrees of success) throughout history.

meatnowhere

Dec 6, 2018
Changing topic, how do you guys feel about the casting for the Dune movie. That post made me think about it because the actress who will play Irulan, who i honestly like very much, i think she's talented and fun, i really don't see her as a sophisticated imperial princess while i liked a lot the actress they choosed for Lynch movie.
I dislike the irulan casting choice, would literally prefer mommymilfrulanmadsen lady from 80's version. But the new girl might do well at it, especially if they can hide her being smol. obviously no imperial lady of interstellar empire will be like 5'3, madsen herself was a bit small for such, they would almost certainly have premium breeding by then and be like 5'9 even for women and their dudes would be like 6'3. Obviously somewhat hard tho in terms of casting.

Reactions: Machete

meatnowhere

Dec 6, 2018
I don't think feminism can be blamed for this one. This goes waaay back. Feminism has only recently taken over the age-old tradition of moralists to suppress sexuality. Was there ever a time, when it was normal to give busty women serious roles, instead of relegating them to being eye-candy? Back in the 80s and before, the place for such actresses was in B-Movies, or lower. B-Movies have almost vanished by now, though. There's no market for them.

I guess, that directors just don't want to be seen as giving preferential treatment to more physically attractive women. And while attractiveness overall can't be measured in an onjective way, boob-size can.

Maybe Hollywood's youth-fetish and rampant hebephilia also has something to do with it?

There aren't that many big boobed women to begin with bruh. Pre child birth especially. It's the feminism/leftism muh privilege stuff.

meatnowhere

Dec 6, 2018
Or at least they *think* that they've shed those flaws...:sneaky:

Very astute. (y)

I think you're sort of missing the forest for the trees here. Feminism *is* the corrosive, unrestrained female sexuality that the old societal guardians were always trying to keep a lid on (with varying degrees of success) throughout history.

And societal domination.

reynold.biplane

Dec 11, 2018
There aren't that many big boobed women to begin with bruh. Pre child birth especially. It's the feminism/leftism muh privilege stuff.
With our modern diets, there are plenty. Maybe it's just because I live in fatso-land#2 (aka Germany), but big boobs aren't a rarity around here at all. Not Jessica-huge. But more than a handful, certainly.

Anyway, I only wanted to share a little observation, not derail the thread into politics talk.

4.40 star(s) 98 Votes