VN Ren'Py Abandoned Behind The Walls [S01E03 TEST] [LStudio]

2.60 star(s) 21 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Many Dev's start games and never end, so I never download new games without first seeing the various updates and the time it takes.
There are Dev's here that take years to update, and these I uninstall the game and I will not download it again
I have a question for the Dev's:
If you are not going to finish the games why start?
Majority of the creators of these games does it on a hobby basis. It's not a full time gig. Something they work on in between school, jobs, family time, responsibilities else. Some does it for fun, practice, whatever. And what they earn on it from patreon etc is just a cherry on top. Then there is those that want to make a living out of it, and then find out, not everyone end up being DarkCookie.

LaraWolfe

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Many Dev's start games and never end, so I never download new games without first seeing the various updates and the time it takes.
There are Dev's here that take years to update, and these I uninstall the game and I will not download it again
I have a question for the Dev's:
If you are not going to finish the games why start?
I can tell you that LStudio started "Behind the Walls" as a way to make extra money. And to prove some naysayers wrong. I just happened to like the game and what it was going for, and offered to be the editor/proofreader. Then went back and edited all three episodes that were already out. Expecting to see episode four before release so I could proofread it, but that has yet to happen.

Majority of the creators of these games does it on a hobby basis. It's not a full time gig. Something they work on in between school, jobs, family time, responsibilities else. Some does it for fun, practice, whatever. And what they earn on it from patreon etc is just a cherry on top. Then there is those that want to make a living out of it, and then find out, not everyone end up being DarkCookie.
This is very true. Though not quite what happened in this case. In fact even before I edited the already released work LStudios was feeling rather disheartened. Learning the hard lesson that you can never please everyone. I fear that it is this that has led to the silence on the project. As even after the rework, people were still complaining. Most of them missing the point of it all. But still, when one puts a lot of personal effort and emotions into their work, negativity can hit them harder than they may be use to.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I can tell you that LStudio started "Behind the Walls" as a way to make extra money. And to prove some naysayers wrong. I just happened to like the game and what it was going for, and offered to be the editor/proofreader. Then went back and edited all three episodes that were already out. Expecting to see episode four before release so I could proofread it, but that has yet to happen.

This is very true. Though not quite what happened in this case. In fact even before I edited the already released work LStudios was feeling rather disheartened. Learning the hard lesson that you can never please everyone. I fear that it is this that has led to the silence on the project. As even after the rework, people were still complaining. Most of them missing the point of it all. But still, when one puts a lot of personal effort and emotions into their work, negativity can hit them harder than they may be use to.
If you start eat into what the loud minority have of critique you end up trash yourself though. I say the loud minority because in most cases its a minority that is very loud and those that is content and happy doesn't make much feedback either way. Thought the game was great, and believe that creators should make the game they want to make, and then just ignore the naysayers. You can't please everyone all the time, heck not even half the time. Setting out to please and care about what everyone else says is a futile endeavor of chasing your own tail.

BK186

May 18, 2017
You need to add tag "exhibitionism" :) I like that, short very short update but i like that.
In particular, the exhibition scenes very good.

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017

Wait so you've had no response from the creator at all since may?

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
That was true at the time of writing. He has since PMed me on Discord. And said he would post here to explain his situation. Unfortunately he has yet to do so. And I don't feel like it is my place to tell his story.
Well lets hope he gets in touch soon

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Hey .. Y„all! ... Where do you keep your faith at?

down the drain
i got bad feeling
Is it .. oh ... how quaint .. Is it ”Behind the walls” ???

I haven't heard of anything since June.
Expecting to see episode four before release so I could proofread it, but that has yet to happen.
Why won”t you be like Lara? ... Wolf out in anticipation!

MIKEL-20M

Apr 15, 2018
Hey there guys,
I know it took me a while to write this message, and I don’t even know where to start. It’s never easy to admit that you failed, but there’s something more to it. 2020 was the worst year of my life, and covid was the least of my concerns. Do you remember the message after the final of E03? I stumbled upon opinions that it was all just a lie, just another excuse... How much would I give for that to be true, sadly it wasn’t. My life turned upside down ever since. Funny fact... back when I started this little project, I’d never assumed it’ll lead to such changes in my life. It caused a chain of events that didn’t take place even in my worst nightmares. Gosh, when I think about it now, it all still appears too wicked to be true to me. Have you ever felt like what your going through in your life at the moment is nothing else than a bad dream? I guess to date something in me has hopes that I’ll wake up one day and everything will be the same as in 2019. For a few months I’ve been thinking about what I should tell you guys, but today I came to the conclusion to just be entirely honest with you, and write this message as me a human being, and not in the name of the company I tried so hard create. After all, this project didn’t get too many good reviews... So, what’s there to lose? And there are a few people that supported this project for such a long time, and they deserve some type of explanation. This message is for you. Believe it or not but I did my best with this project. What a crazy time that was... Sleeping 3 hours a day just to make sure everything I did was up to date and was the best quality I could provide you with. Using lunch breaks at work as an excuse just to quickly go back home to make another render for you. Another funny fact, I still sleep 3 hours tops but this time to be able to survive and pay up all my debts. I’m feeling like Job, and like all of this would be just a test of my faith. How fucked am I to still believe that my situation will change and everything will be better than ever? Why am I writing this message at all? I literally clicked on the script today by an accident and it hit me... We never even passed the introduction, and the whole story was amazingly thought-out. So many details, so many stories breaking every possible trope there was in this genre. Something none of you ever seen before. When I read it all again, I couldn’t believe I actually failed with such material. It was my fault tho. Back when I dropped E01 my english was far away from being even consider anything else than “engrish”. I did a fair share of mistakes at the beginning, but I was learning this business like everyone else. The fact that english is my second language made it all harder for me. I tried making it up for you, but I guess it was downhill ever since. The first impression is the most important one, especially in this business. I’d just like to give a huge shoutout to LaraWolfe, she literally fixed the pace of the story the way it was originally intended. Hats off girl, when I first read the script after your cuts I was like “fuck me, that was what I wanted since the very beginning”. Sadly, we stumbled upon each other when it was already too late for me to fix my personal life. It’s all my fault that it all ended up this way. I blindly believed in what I wrote in a different language. Now I understand that everyone needs help at some point. Is this project abandoned? Well yes, and no. From your perspective, it might be, and I can’t argue with that. From my perspective, I need to save up like $10k to be able to hire someone that’ll help me with the continuation of this project. I know how dumb this sounds, especially after a year where I did literally nothing for this project. But a part of me still believes that one day... eh, does it even matter at this point? I barely make it from month to month, and yet I’m already planning stuff months, if not years, ahead. But that’s what kind of guy I am, even if I can’t get any lower I’m already preparing myself for the moment when cards will change, and I’ll be able to make moves that at the moment are nothing more than just my hopes. Honestly, it’s hard for me to accept that I failed, because that never happened to me before. Especially, when I was the only one responsible for something. In my country, we tend to say that you might lose a fight, but still win the war. That’s the best way to give you an insight into how I feel inside. I’ll be honest with you, a few days ago I looked in a mirror, and I had a smile on my face. I can’t even remind myself when that happened for the last time. I can’t promise you anything, fuck, I can’t even say if what you’re waiting for will ever happen, but for the first time in a while, I started to see the sunlight coming through the clouds. And that means the world to me. It’s the first sign of changes in my life. Who knows? Perhaps my childish hopes will eventually turn into reality. It’s already way too long a message for most of you, so let me finish it ASAP. All I want to say is: thank you, from the bottom of my heart. To all of the people who supported my project, as well as to all the haters. I mentioned only one person in this message, but there was more of you... Way more people who wanted to help me out, and I couldn’t be more grateful to all of you! Screw this project now, I really wish all the best to every single one of you. Hopefully, life has been treating you all well!

PS if I might ask you for this one last favor, could you guys tell me if you like this project and if so what did you like it for? If you didn’t then still please tell me why? Criticism is truly valuable.

PS2 I’m drunk as fuck right now, and that’s probably the only reason why I found enough courage to write this. Who knows perhaps one day will see each other again, but this time – hopefully - I’ll bring some better news to you. Thank you all for letting me feel like a child this last time, where I could see the world full of colors. Much love.

Sincerely,
LStudio
I thought it was a good game, good renderings, a story that was interesting to me. Thanks to the Spanish translators community I was able to play it in my language and understand the theme perfectly.
At the end of all this is just a game and the most important thing is the person or people who are in charge of the development and those who support you.
I think people have to keep in mind that the development of a good game demands a lot of effort and time, I don't understand some people who criticize negatively complaining when they don't even support the project, personally the only ones who have the right to complain are those who invest their money in supporting the developers.
You have every right to put a stop to all this if you are going through unpleasant situations.
I'm just a simple college student with a tight economy, I hope to change this reality and start supporting developers.
Good luck in your projects
Best regards.

(sorry for my bad English)

• Red Heart
Reactions: LStudio and swammy

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
gET WELL, YOU NEED THIS TO BE A PROJECT FOR YOUR PLEASURE,
NOT AN INSTRUMENT OF DESTRUCTION.

iF THIS BRINGS YOU GRIEF, MY TAKING PLEASURE IN GAMING AT YOUR EXPENSE,
plEASE ACCEPT MY Heart Felt APPOLOGIES AND PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GET WELL,
FOR THE LOVE OF THIS GAME, GO FIND SOMEONE IRL TO CLICK WITH
and bounce off eachother all that wonderful story you wrote.
Hey there guys,
I know it took me a while to write this message, and I don’t even know where to start. It’s never easy to admit that you failed, but there’s something more to it. 2020 was the worst year of my life, and covid was the least of my concerns. Do you remember the message after the final of E03? I stumbled upon opinions that it was all just a lie, just another excuse... How much would I give for that to be true, sadly it wasn’t. My life turned upside down ever since. Funny fact... back when I started this little project, I’d never assumed it’ll lead to such changes in my life. It caused a chain of events that didn’t take place even in my worst nightmares. Gosh, when I think about it now, it all still appears too wicked to be true to me. Have you ever felt like what your going through in your life at the moment is nothing else than a bad dream? I guess to date something in me has hopes that I’ll wake up one day and everything will be the same as in 2019. For a few months I’ve been thinking about what I should tell you guys, but today I came to the conclusion to just be entirely honest with you, and write this message as me a human being, and not in the name of the company I tried so hard create. After all, this project didn’t get too many good reviews... So, what’s there to lose? And there are a few people that supported this project for such a long time, and they deserve some type of explanation. This message is for you. Believe it or not but I did my best with this project. What a crazy time that was... Sleeping 3 hours a day just to make sure everything I did was up to date and was the best quality I could provide you with. Using lunch breaks at work as an excuse just to quickly go back home to make another render for you. Another funny fact, I still sleep 3 hours tops but this time to be able to survive and pay up all my debts. I’m feeling like Job, and like all of this would be just a test of my faith. How fucked am I to still believe that my situation will change and everything will be better than ever? Why am I writing this message at all? I literally clicked on the script today by an accident and it hit me... We never even passed the introduction, and the whole story was amazingly thought-out. So many details, so many stories breaking every possible trope there was in this genre. Something none of you ever seen before. When I read it all again, I couldn’t believe I actually failed with such material. It was my fault tho. Back when I dropped E01 my english was far away from being even consider anything else than “engrish”. I did a fair share of mistakes at the beginning, but I was learning this business like everyone else. The fact that english is my second language made it all harder for me. I tried making it up for you, but I guess it was downhill ever since. The first impression is the most important one, especially in this business. I’d just like to give a huge shoutout to LaraWolfe, she literally fixed the pace of the story the way it was originally intended. Hats off girl, when I first read the script after your cuts I was like “fuck me, that was what I wanted since the very beginning”. Sadly, we stumbled upon each other when it was already too late for me to fix my personal life. It’s all my fault that it all ended up this way. I blindly believed in what I wrote in a different language. Now I understand that everyone needs help at some point. Is this project abandoned? Well yes, and no. From your perspective, it might be, and I can’t argue with that. From my perspective, I need to save up like $10k to be able to hire someone that’ll help me with the continuation of this project. I know how dumb this sounds, especially after a year where I did literally nothing for this project. But a part of me still believes that one day... eh, does it even matter at this point? I barely make it from month to month, and yet I’m already planning stuff months, if not years, ahead. But that’s what kind of guy I am, even if I can’t get any lower I’m already preparing myself for the moment when cards will change, and I’ll be able to make moves that at the moment are nothing more than just my hopes. Honestly, it’s hard for me to accept that I failed, because that never happened to me before. Especially, when I was the only one responsible for something. In my country, we tend to say that you might lose a fight, but still win the war. That’s the best way to give you an insight into how I feel inside. I’ll be honest with you, a few days ago I looked in a mirror, and I had a smile on my face. I can’t even remind myself when that happened for the last time. I can’t promise you anything, fuck, I can’t even say if what you’re waiting for will ever happen, but for the first time in a while, I started to see the sunlight coming through the clouds. And that means the world to me. It’s the first sign of changes in my life. Who knows? Perhaps my childish hopes will eventually turn into reality. It’s already way too long a message for most of you, so let me finish it ASAP. All I want to say is: thank you, from the bottom of my heart. To all of the people who supported my project, as well as to all the haters. I mentioned only one person in this message, but there was more of you... Way more people who wanted to help me out, and I couldn’t be more grateful to all of you! Screw this project now, I really wish all the best to every single one of you. Hopefully, life has been treating you all well!

PS if I might ask you for this one last favor, could you guys tell me if you like this project and if so what did you like it for? If you didn’t then still please tell me why? Criticism is truly valuable.

PS2 I’m drunk as fuck right now, and that’s probably the only reason why I found enough courage to write this. Who knows perhaps one day will see each other again, but this time – hopefully - I’ll bring some better news to you. Thank you all for letting me feel like a child this last time, where I could see the world full of colors. Much love.

Sincerely,
LStudio
Good game!

• Red Heart
Reactions: LStudio

Hentai_Lover00

Apr 28, 2018
Hey there guys,

Sincerely,
LStudio
Liked this game very much, i always like slow progression games rather than jump to sex right at the start. I was hoping for this to continue

• Red Heart
Reactions: LStudio

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Liked the game very much. Had nice renders, not the same reused you see a lot of.

From reading what you wrote I think you didn't just burn the candle in both ends, you light it on fire in the middle as well. Can't let your project run your life. You run it...

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
soo i tried it and the thing i like the most is the renders obviously. i also like that you can choose if the sister is straight or not.

what i didnt like was it just felt tooo long to get anywhere in this game sex/action wise. dont get me wrong a story is good but dont forget this is a porn site. the few scenes that were there didnt really matter to me since it didnt involve MC.

speaking of which the MC was too much a Shota looking character for my taste. to describe it right he looks to old to be a shota but to young to be an adult even if all characters are supposed to be 18.

also because it was a slow burn game there was just Wayyyyy to much focus on Sam. i'll be honest i skipped through his POV because it held no interest to me. im trying to follow MC's story not sams. im not saying MC cant have a best friend but they usually work best in short bursts, not half an episode.

Also was annoyed at MC and Mom cause her boss straigh up sends her texts/evidence of his abuse and they dont think to use that as leverage?

incest games are great and all but in my personal opinion. i dont like to see family members suffering. even less then seeing them in a relationship with someone else.

but yeah if i could choose the MC's appearance. the dude at the intro with the glasses would've been better.

as much as i like the idea of choosing a filter on how to view the game im pretty sure it killed some of your update rate.

but yeah main issue was it was TOO slow and half the time we werent even following MC.

that being said i didnt hate the game or even dislike it. but it didnt really draw me in.

Aside from that i wish you good luck for real.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
soo i tried it and the thing i like the most is the renders obviously. i also like that you can choose if the sister is straight or not.

what i didnt like was it just felt tooo long to get anywhere in this game sex/action wise. dont get me wrong a story is good but dont forget this is a porn site. the few scenes that were there didnt really matter to me since it didnt involve MC.

speaking of which the MC was too much a Shota looking character for my taste. to describe it right he looks to old to be a shota but to young to be an adult even if all characters are supposed to be 18.

also because it was a slow burn game there was just Wayyyyy to much focus on Sam. i'll be honest i skipped through his POV because it held no interest to me. im trying to follow MC's story not sams. im not saying MC cant have a best friend but they usually work best in short bursts, not half an episode.

Also was annoyed at MC and Mom cause her boss straigh up sends her texts/evidence of his abuse and they dont think to use that as leverage?

incest games are great and all but in my personal opinion. i dont like to see family members suffering. even less then seeing them in a relationship with someone else.

but yeah if i could choose the MC's appearance. the dude at the intro with the glasses would've been better.

as much as i like the idea of choosing a filter on how to view the game im pretty sure it killed some of your update rate.

but yeah main issue was it was TOO slow and half the time we werent even following MC.

that being said i didnt hate the game or even dislike it. but it didnt really draw me in.

Aside from that i wish you good luck for real.
If this a porn site there is an awful lot of content on this site that isn't porn related? I look at games for "adults" not strictly as porn, but entertainment not suitable for minors. There is plenty of games on this site that rush into sex scenes and such, not so many games that offer more character building and a if not exactly a good story an overarching one.

Biggest issue I really see at times is creators start listen to whatever and try please as many people as possible rather than make the game they set out to do. In the process both burn out and their project turn in to a mashup that doesn't please anyone.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
If this a porn site there is an awful lot of content on this site that isn't porn related? I look at games for "adults" not strictly as porn, but entertainment not suitable for minors. There is plenty of games on this site that rush into sex scenes and such, not so many games that offer more character building and a if not exactly a good story an overarching one.

Biggest issue I really see at times is creators start listen to whatever and try please as many people as possible rather than make the game they set out to do. In the process both burn out and their project turn in to a mashup that doesn't please anyone.
agreed that "porn" site is a bit much. but lets face it most ppl come looking for the adult content as much as story.

a good story or even good story telling wont be enough to attract attention. "primal instict" is a good example.

as for creators listening as many ppl as possible...honestly thats a crap shoot anyways. sometimes the story can be what they want and get good support but then they include something they always intended to do and all of sudden lose support and start to wonder what went wrong? they then can decide to take the criticism and adjust the game or keep on the trail they started on.

sometimes listening to ppl works other times it doesnt. likewise sometimes ignoring ppl works sometimes it doesnt.

but yeah. cant make everyone happy. the dev asked for Criticism. i gave my opinion on the game, and thats that.

2.60 star(s) 21 Votes