VN Ren'Py Abandoned Behind The Walls [S01E03 TEST] [LStudio]

2.60 star(s) 21 Votes

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Hey there guys,
I know it took me a while to write this message, and I don’t even know where to start. It’s never easy to admit that you failed, but there’s something more to it. 2020 was the worst year of my life, and covid was the least of my concerns. Do you remember the message after the final of E03? I stumbled upon opinions that it was all just a lie, just another excuse... How much would I give for that to be true, sadly it wasn’t. My life turned upside down ever since. Funny fact... back when I started this little project, I’d never assumed it’ll lead to such changes in my life. It caused a chain of events that didn’t take place even in my worst nightmares. Gosh, when I think about it now, it all still appears too wicked to be true to me. Have you ever felt like what your going through in your life at the moment is nothing else than a bad dream? I guess to date something in me has hopes that I’ll wake up one day and everything will be the same as in 2019. For a few months I’ve been thinking about what I should tell you guys, but today I came to the conclusion to just be entirely honest with you, and write this message as me a human being, and not in the name of the company I tried so hard create. After all, this project didn’t get too many good reviews... So, what’s there to lose? And there are a few people that supported this project for such a long time, and they deserve some type of explanation. This message is for you. Believe it or not but I did my best with this project. What a crazy time that was... Sleeping 3 hours a day just to make sure everything I did was up to date and was the best quality I could provide you with. Using lunch breaks at work as an excuse just to quickly go back home to make another render for you. Another funny fact, I still sleep 3 hours tops but this time to be able to survive and pay up all my debts. I’m feeling like Job, and like all of this would be just a test of my faith. How fucked am I to still believe that my situation will change and everything will be better than ever? Why am I writing this message at all? I literally clicked on the script today by an accident and it hit me... We never even passed the introduction, and the whole story was amazingly thought-out. So many details, so many stories breaking every possible trope there was in this genre. Something none of you ever seen before. When I read it all again, I couldn’t believe I actually failed with such material. It was my fault tho. Back when I dropped E01 my english was far away from being even consider anything else than “engrish”. I did a fair share of mistakes at the beginning, but I was learning this business like everyone else. The fact that english is my second language made it all harder for me. I tried making it up for you, but I guess it was downhill ever since. The first impression is the most important one, especially in this business. I’d just like to give a huge shoutout to LaraWolfe, she literally fixed the pace of the story the way it was originally intended. Hats off girl, when I first read the script after your cuts I was like “fuck me, that was what I wanted since the very beginning”. Sadly, we stumbled upon each other when it was already too late for me to fix my personal life. It’s all my fault that it all ended up this way. I blindly believed in what I wrote in a different language. Now I understand that everyone needs help at some point. Is this project abandoned? Well yes, and no. From your perspective, it might be, and I can’t argue with that. From my perspective, I need to save up like $10k to be able to hire someone that’ll help me with the continuation of this project. I know how dumb this sounds, especially after a year where I did literally nothing for this project. But a part of me still believes that one day... eh, does it even matter at this point? I barely make it from month to month, and yet I’m already planning stuff months, if not years, ahead. But that’s what kind of guy I am, even if I can’t get any lower I’m already preparing myself for the moment when cards will change, and I’ll be able to make moves that at the moment are nothing more than just my hopes. Honestly, it’s hard for me to accept that I failed, because that never happened to me before. Especially, when I was the only one responsible for something. In my country, we tend to say that you might lose a fight, but still win the war. That’s the best way to give you an insight into how I feel inside. I’ll be honest with you, a few days ago I looked in a mirror, and I had a smile on my face. I can’t even remind myself when that happened for the last time. I can’t promise you anything, fuck, I can’t even say if what you’re waiting for will ever happen, but for the first time in a while, I started to see the sunlight coming through the clouds. And that means the world to me. It’s the first sign of changes in my life. Who knows? Perhaps my childish hopes will eventually turn into reality. It’s already way too long a message for most of you, so let me finish it ASAP. All I want to say is: thank you, from the bottom of my heart. To all of the people who supported my project, as well as to all the haters. I mentioned only one person in this message, but there was more of you... Way more people who wanted to help me out, and I couldn’t be more grateful to all of you! Screw this project now, I really wish all the best to every single one of you. Hopefully, life has been treating you all well!

PS if I might ask you for this one last favor, could you guys tell me if you like this project and if so what did you like it for? If you didn’t then still please tell me why? Criticism is truly valuable.

PS2 I’m drunk as fuck right now, and that’s probably the only reason why I found enough courage to write this. Who knows perhaps one day will see each other again, but this time – hopefully - I’ll bring some better news to you. Thank you all for letting me feel like a child this last time, where I could see the world full of colors. Much love.

Sincerely,
LStudio
Putting the project aside for a moment, I think it's more important to take care of yourself and your mental health. That in my opinion is the most important key in being great developer, of any kind. I think when you're a Developer on this forum or any other you have to have this imaginary switch or button in your head that allows you to tune all of this shit out when you need to otherwise it's gonna drive you crazy. Criticism isn't easy for everyone to hear or take no matter who you are. You can get 100 reviews or praises from people telling how great your project is, but then get one particular review shitting on your project. And some will take that one singular critique and let it bother them way more than it should. But I think it's critical to not allow any of this get you to the point where it's affecting your livelihood or your mental state. I literally just had a convo with a Dev not to be named about how fans will love you one minute, then hate you the next, and then love you again. So you're not gonna make everyone happy regardless of what do you, so It's best not to try. I can be very critical, but I know when to dial it back. Versus just telling you your project sucks, I'm gonna tell you why I think it sucks. On that note I'll leave you with this, if you do choose to come back, do what's best for you, tell the story you wanna tell. Your story may not line up with my needs or other people's in terms of kinks, but that's ok others will like it. Some Devs fail because they're disingenuous with themselves, too busy asking fans what they want and spreading themselves thin trying to please everyone versus creating an actual story/game from the heart. Next thing you know you're letting their opinions dictate your life, or you've rushed your project prematurely to the completion because you felt you couldn't go with your original plans because it may not have been well received. Now you're creating alt accounts defending you and your game, arguing with people etc. It's just not worth it ultimately. But really I hope you find peace, get rid of your debts and take care of yourself.

OutOfFuxs2Give

Ex-Triple A Game Developer Now Lawyer
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
Hey there guys,
I know it took me a while to write this message, and I don’t even know where to start. It’s never easy to admit that you failed, but there’s something more to it. 2020 was the worst year of my life, and covid was the least of my concerns. Do you remember the message after the final of E03? I stumbled upon opinions that it was all just a lie, just another excuse... How much would I give for that to be true, sadly it wasn’t. My life turned upside down ever since. Funny fact... back when I started this little project, I’d never assumed it’ll lead to such changes in my life. It caused a chain of events that didn’t take place even in my worst nightmares. Gosh, when I think about it now, it all still appears too wicked to be true to me. Have you ever felt like what your going through in your life at the moment is nothing else than a bad dream? I guess to date something in me has hopes that I’ll wake up one day and everything will be the same as in 2019. For a few months I’ve been thinking about what I should tell you guys, but today I came to the conclusion to just be entirely honest with you, and write this message as me a human being, and not in the name of the company I tried so hard create. After all, this project didn’t get too many good reviews... So, what’s there to lose? And there are a few people that supported this project for such a long time, and they deserve some type of explanation. This message is for you. Believe it or not but I did my best with this project. What a crazy time that was... Sleeping 3 hours a day just to make sure everything I did was up to date and was the best quality I could provide you with. Using lunch breaks at work as an excuse just to quickly go back home to make another render for you. Another funny fact, I still sleep 3 hours tops but this time to be able to survive and pay up all my debts. I’m feeling like Job, and like all of this would be just a test of my faith. How fucked am I to still believe that my situation will change and everything will be better than ever? Why am I writing this message at all? I literally clicked on the script today by an accident and it hit me... We never even passed the introduction, and the whole story was amazingly thought-out. So many details, so many stories breaking every possible trope there was in this genre. Something none of you ever seen before. When I read it all again, I couldn’t believe I actually failed with such material. It was my fault tho. Back when I dropped E01 my english was far away from being even consider anything else than “engrish”. I did a fair share of mistakes at the beginning, but I was learning this business like everyone else. The fact that english is my second language made it all harder for me. I tried making it up for you, but I guess it was downhill ever since. The first impression is the most important one, especially in this business. I’d just like to give a huge shoutout to LaraWolfe, she literally fixed the pace of the story the way it was originally intended. Hats off girl, when I first read the script after your cuts I was like “fuck me, that was what I wanted since the very beginning”. Sadly, we stumbled upon each other when it was already too late for me to fix my personal life. It’s all my fault that it all ended up this way. I blindly believed in what I wrote in a different language. Now I understand that everyone needs help at some point. Is this project abandoned? Well yes, and no. From your perspective, it might be, and I can’t argue with that. From my perspective, I need to save up like $10k to be able to hire someone that’ll help me with the continuation of this project. I know how dumb this sounds, especially after a year where I did literally nothing for this project. But a part of me still believes that one day... eh, does it even matter at this point? I barely make it from month to month, and yet I’m already planning stuff months, if not years, ahead. But that’s what kind of guy I am, even if I can’t get any lower I’m already preparing myself for the moment when cards will change, and I’ll be able to make moves that at the moment are nothing more than just my hopes. Honestly, it’s hard for me to accept that I failed, because that never happened to me before. Especially, when I was the only one responsible for something. In my country, we tend to say that you might lose a fight, but still win the war. That’s the best way to give you an insight into how I feel inside. I’ll be honest with you, a few days ago I looked in a mirror, and I had a smile on my face. I can’t even remind myself when that happened for the last time. I can’t promise you anything, fuck, I can’t even say if what you’re waiting for will ever happen, but for the first time in a while, I started to see the sunlight coming through the clouds. And that means the world to me. It’s the first sign of changes in my life. Who knows? Perhaps my childish hopes will eventually turn into reality. It’s already way too long a message for most of you, so let me finish it ASAP. All I want to say is: thank you, from the bottom of my heart. To all of the people who supported my project, as well as to all the haters. I mentioned only one person in this message, but there was more of you... Way more people who wanted to help me out, and I couldn’t be more grateful to all of you! Screw this project now, I really wish all the best to every single one of you. Hopefully, life has been treating you all well!

PS if I might ask you for this one last favor, could you guys tell me if you like this project and if so what did you like it for? If you didn’t then still please tell me why? Criticism is truly valuable.

PS2 I’m drunk as fuck right now, and that’s probably the only reason why I found enough courage to write this. Who knows perhaps one day will see each other again, but this time – hopefully - I’ll bring some better news to you. Thank you all for letting me feel like a child this last time, where I could see the world full of colors. Much love.

Sincerely,
LStudio
First, LStudio, Let me say, Get Well and I wish you the best. Now, with that being said, 2020 sucked for almost everybody, I had worked for Japan Studios for almost 7 years and was actively in the middle of Crunch(the practice of forcing employees to work insanely hours for months or sometimes years to get a game ready for release) when I was told in a weekly Zoom meeting that all the hardwork we had put in didn't mean shit because your studios was being shut down and we were being sent to Asobi Team who is known for Chibi type games, which caused a good number of us to resign and seek employment with other studios. I said that to say that everyday I log on the either F95 or some forums I frequent, are constantly quitting because of Crunch.

I wish I could talk to some of these developers who aren't scamming, to explain to them what it take to develop games and the sacrifices you will have to make to success. There is times where I can go days without seeing my family while sleeping in the office so I can get work done, and there still the chance that the public will not like your game and even some death threats, this is very rare but it does happen. This life is not for everybody so my advice to you is, Take a step back and take stock of everything and then if you want to come, then I'm sure there are some people here who can help you but if you are done then take pride in the fact you made something that people love and move on with your head held high.

Now, you want to know what I liked about your game, that's hard to explain, whether it was the subject matter or models I can say that it was different than a lot of games on this site.

Last edited:

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
Hey there guys,
I know it took me a while to write this message, and I don’t even know where to start. It’s never easy to admit that you failed, but there’s something more to it. 2020 was the worst year of my life, and covid was the least of my concerns. Do you remember the message after the final of E03?

I stumbled upon opinions that it was all just a lie, just another excuse... How much would I give for that to be true, sadly it wasn’t. My life turned upside down ever since. Funny fact... back when I started this little project, I’d never assumed it’ll lead to such changes in my life. It caused a chain of events that didn’t take place even in my worst nightmares. Gosh, when I think about it now, it all still appears too wicked to be true to me. Have you ever felt like what your going through in your life at the moment is nothing else than a bad dream?

I guess to date, something in me has hopes that I’ll wake up one day and everything will be the same as in 2019. For a few months I’ve been thinking about what I should tell you guys, but today I came to the conclusion to just be entirely honest with you, and write this message as me a human being, and not in the name of the company I tried so hard create. After all, this project didn’t get too many good reviews... So, what’s there to lose? And there are a few people that supported this project for such a long time, and they deserve some type of explanation. This message is for you. Believe it or not but I did my best with this project.

What a crazy time that was... Sleeping 3 hours a day just to make sure everything I did was up to date and was the best quality I could provide you with. Using lunch breaks at work as an excuse just to quickly go back home to make another render for you. Another funny fact, I still sleep 3 hours tops but this time to be able to survive and pay up all my debts. I’m feeling like Job, and like all of this would be just a test of my faith. How fucked am I to still believe that my situation will change and everything will be better than ever? Why am I writing this message at all? I literally clicked on the script today by an accident and it hit me... We never even passed the introduction, and the whole story was amazingly thought-out. So many details, so many stories breaking every possible trope there was in this genre. Something none of you ever seen before. When I read it all again, I couldn’t believe I actually failed with such material.

It was my fault tho. Back when I dropped E01 my english was far away from being even consider anything else than “engrish”. I did a fair share of mistakes at the beginning, but I was learning this business like everyone else. The fact that english is my second language made it all harder for me. I tried making it up for you, but I guess it was downhill ever since. The first impression is the most important one, especially in this business. I’d just like to give a huge shoutout to LaraWolfe, she literally fixed the pace of the story the way it was originally intended. Hats off girl, when I first read the script after your cuts I was like “fuck me, that was what I wanted since the very beginning”.

Sadly, we stumbled upon each other when it was already too late for me to fix my personal life. It’s all my fault that it all ended up this way. I blindly believed in what I wrote in a different language. Now I understand that everyone needs help at some point. Is this project abandoned? Well yes, and no. From your perspective, it might be, and I can’t argue with that. From my perspective, I need to save up like $10k to be able to hire someone that’ll help me with the continuation of this project. I know how dumb this sounds, especially after a year where I did literally nothing for this project. But a part of me still believes that one day... eh, does it even matter at this point? I barely make it from month to month, and yet I’m already planning stuff months, if not years, ahead. But that’s what kind of guy I am, even if I can’t get any lower I’m already preparing myself for the moment when cards will change, and I’ll be able to make moves that at the moment are nothing more than just my hopes.

Honestly, it’s hard for me to accept that I failed, because that never happened to me before. Especially, when I was the only one responsible for something. In my country, we tend to say that you might lose a fight, but still win the war. That’s the best way to give you an insight into how I feel inside. I’ll be honest with you, a few days ago I looked in a mirror, and I had a smile on my face. I can’t even remind myself when that happened for the last time. I can’t promise you anything, fuck, I can’t even say if what you’re waiting for will ever happen, but for the first time in a while, I started to see the sunlight coming through the clouds. And that means the world to me.

It’s the first sign of changes in my life. Who knows? Perhaps my childish hopes will eventually turn into reality. It’s already way too long a message for most of you, so let me finish it ASAP. All I want to say is: thank you, from the bottom of my heart. To all of the people who supported my project, as well as to all the haters. I mentioned only one person in this message, but there was more of you... Way more people who wanted to help me out, and I couldn’t be more grateful to all of you! Screw this project now, I really wish all the best to every single one of you. Hopefully, life has been treating you all well!

Sincerely,
LStudio
I don't know whether you will be reading this or not, but I just found out that your game was "abandoned". Thank you for your message clarifying your stand on what happened to the project. To me, personally, I liked it very much, the plot to me was unique and it kept me engaged. Kid you not, having been here on this site, I have lost count of the games I've played, but only few manage to stay somewhere in my sub-conscious which gives me something to search for on this site.

I think it would be selfish on my part but I would love to see you complete this game before I quit playing games for good and completing not just for the sake of someone's satisfaction but to your own and not at anything's cost.

I'm sure with time, all things will be set straight in your life and then you can devote your free time to this project, not as a means for survival but to give life to your passion.

To be honest, I cannot find sentences to truly portray what I wish to convey to you, so I hope that you make out what I try to say here.

Hope to see you back in action, with a smile and sober :p.

Cheers.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
bring it back bring it back
this game is good
If you pay the creator maybe they do. Sometimes creations require monetized support, if that doesn't happen the creators find better use of their time where they can make some mint from it.

Jun 6, 2018
View attachment 644797

Overview:
Have you ever wandered through a town and thought to yourself, what kind of history do each one of these buildings hide? They witnessed ups and downs, births and deaths, marriages and divorces, adultery and values. If only these walls could talk, we'd discover so many unbelievable stories. After all, we are all taking part in mysterious adventures...​

Thread Updated: 2020-05-24
Release Date: 2020-05-04
Developer: LStudio - - -
Censored: None
Version: S01E03
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Fan Signatures:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - -
Mac:
MEGA - -
Others:
COMPRESSED* - ANDROID

Extra:
FAN SIGNATURE -
*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
View attachment 644849 View attachment 644850 View attachment 644853 View attachment 644856 View attachment 644858 View attachment 644976
One question, anyone yet have remastered it or anyone knows ............... ??

2.60 star(s) 21 Votes