Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Forgot to ask, what is everyones specs on their machines?

CPU: I7 9700k with a massive noctua air cooler
Motherboard: z390 Aorus ultra
Ram: 16Gb 3200 (Need more)
Video Card: 2070 Super
Drives: 500gb NVME, 1tb ssd and a 4tb (need more again :()
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, 12 cores/24 threads
Mobo: Asus x570
Ram : 64 GB 3200
vid card: 2080 Super
Drives: 1TB NVME/M.2, 2TB backup HDD external

I believe that my system mobo may be capable of a one-generation upgrade down the road, so I could get a 3000 series GPU(or two), a 4000 series CPU, double my RAM and add more storage. Of course, I'd probably have to upgrade the power supply if I add two 3000 series GPUs!

But I'm happy with my render speeds for now.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Not too happy with how this turned out, did the best I could to fix it in Photoshop but after close to 24 hours rendering I wont be retrying this one.
View attachment 817297

I've been experimenting with rendering the background and the characters separately, and this would be a perfect place to do so. Light the characters as you want them lit, and they can pop really well. It also helps with render times, because the separate renders are simpler, and more likely to be GPU rendered.

Example - the top one was all rendered together, and CPU rendered. It took 15-20 hours (it's the mirrored bits on the wall!) The bottom one was rendered in three passes (the room, Sage and MC, and Quinn and the bondage horse), and assembled in GIMP. (It's a little more complicated than that, but not much, and of course I turned on the DOF). Doing it this way, I was able to light the characters enough to really make them pop without washing out the room. Rendering time was about 2-3 hours, and it added maybe 20-30 minutes of my active time.

Quinn's very, very good day gets better.png Quinn's very good day All Layers.png

Last edited:

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
ChainZero I'm sure most people have forgotten how amazingly accurate your models looked.
Today I browsed through my fan-art folders and came across some of your old renders. Damn dude, do they look spot-on!
Among the best we can find.

I mean, take a look at these for example:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Man, it'd be great if you could treat us to a few more of these when you have some spare time between updates of your game Connected :love:
ChainZero is very talented person and as far as I know he identified most of the models here and there. I can easily say that he is a pioneer. I'm also sure of that he inspired many of us with his works. He is busy with Connected but his contribution to this community must not be forgotten. And thank you Aristos for bringing this. Because ChainZero deserves all kind of support.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Since it's gone over well so far, I guess I'll continue throwing out ideas for art since I have zero capacity to realize them myself. I currently have 2-3 ideas, so whoever may or may not want to try them feel welcome.

The first is a cutesy one, it's the classic "naked in school" dream, depicted with any of the main girls (ie Maya, Josy, Jill, Sage, Bella, Ryona even? We've got a lot of babes to choose from.)

Second, any sort of sexy hazing or stuff like that with the girls joining HOTS.

Lastly, my idea was a little more detailed. Basically a girl (or girls) having to recreate famous renaissance art like Boticelli's Birth of Venus, the various paintings of the legend of Lady Godiva, the Three Graces, etc.

Again, just spitballing ideas here, no demand whatsoever but I love to see what you come up with for our particularly attractive cast.

Asharatf

Dec 26, 2018
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, 12 cores/24 threads
Mobo: Asus x570
Ram : 64 GB 3200
vid card: 2080 Super
Drives: 1TB NVME/M.2, 2TB backup HDD external

I believe that my system mobo may be capable of a one-generation upgrade down the road, so I could get a 3000 series GPU(or two), a 4000 series CPU, double my RAM and add more storage. Of course, I'd probably have to upgrade the power supply if I add two 3000 series GPUs!

But I'm happy with my render speeds for now.
Very nice, never been much for AMD. How do you like it?

I've been playing with the idea of getting another 2070 super and an NVlink bridge mainly for the vram for scenes but it would be nice for faster renders too. Wow 128gb for ram, have you actually come close to using 64 yet?

Asharatf

Dec 26, 2018
I've been experimenting with rendering the background and the characters separately, and this would be a perfect place to do so. Light the characters as you want them lit, and they can pop really well. It also helps with render times, because the separate renders are simpler, and more likely to be GPU rendered.

Example - the top one was all rendered together, and CPU rendered. It took 15-20 hours (it's the mirrored bits on the wall!) The bottom one was rendered in three passes (the room, Sage and MC, and Quinn and the bondage horse), and assembled in GIMP. (It's a little more complicated than that, but not much, and of course I turned on the DOF). Doing it this way, I was able to light the characters enough to really make them pop without washing out the room. Rendering time was about 2-3 hours, and it added maybe 20-30 minutes of my active time.

View attachment 818273 View attachment 818271
Sounds like canvases which is what I did, I did Josy, Jill, the room, environment lighting and then regular lights all to separate canvases. Maybe I should do that but a separate render for each? The way it is now I separate everything into their correct canvases and then render and once it's done everything gets saved and then I just combine the layers in photoshop.

Also the scene came with some atmosphere particles that I thought I got rid of but once it was done didn't seem to, that probably didn't help with the time it took either.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019

I've been playing with the idea of getting another 2070 super and an NVlink bridge mainly for the vram for scenes but it would be nice for faster renders too. Wow 128gb for ram, have you actually come close to using 64 yet?
I can't speak for him, and I've been very anti-AMD since the early days, but I am absolutely blown away by how well the 3000-series R7 and R9 chips are working out. It's superior to my former systems (i7-970 and then an i7-7700k) across the board. The only thing I'm not using now is a discrete audio card, and that's because I was too poor to buy a new one at the time.

If somebody walked up to me tomorrow and slapped down $3,000 on the table, I would have a lot of fun building them a nice beefy machine (all solid state, no platters).

As far as ram usage, I've had mine near full, but not on rendering - just video conversion. I lack the gift all the fine folks in here have for setting up scenes and the like.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018

So far, no, but nothing is sluggish so far, I'm sure the ample ram is a big part of that.

Zim Sumisu

Mar 9, 2018

View attachment 818273 View attachment 818271
Do you run a denoiser over these renders?

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Do you run a denoiser over these renders?
Nope. And no denoiser in the render engine. It makes faces go soft focus, at least when I've used it, which is kind of the worst possible outcome. Plenty of render cycles, and make sure you've got enough light - it really matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zim Sumisu
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes