Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

cubero

Dec 9, 2017
cubero Are you taking requests for Isabella?
Requests?
I have never been asked for requests .
I'm a newcomer to Daz and fan art.

Man your Bella is almost perfect and very close of the original. But if I'd to change something, probably would be make her face slightly thinner. Good luck with your search.
Thank you very much. I tried to make the face thinner, but in doing so it becomes too oval, as in the last photo that I cut the chin and removed length to the face but the result is not good. I will continue testing. Thanks again.
Greetings.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Would appreciate any tips if someone has any to share to address the skin maps of g3 models that have the old iray material issues.
Any stuff appeared when you googled, like a tutorial. Worth a try.

Just wondering when you make a future game(s) have you thought having a male MC that's asian, black or latino?

Reactions: lydcreations

cubero

Dec 9, 2017
My 2 cents. I think you do an incredible job with Isabella. Her hair tends to cover part of her face in the game so if you are going for the same look, her hair could be styled in a similar fashion. This makes gauging her face shape harder. But I also agree with Arcanjo_Fel that her face looks a bit thinner in the game. Her nose is shorter in the game and the bridge and nostrils appear a little wider. Her lips also appear less full in the game. Hope this helps. Look forward to seeing your next images.
Of course it helps and I thank you very much, I think I just lost my perspective and it helps me what other eyes see.
And you're right with Isabella's hair, I put it aside to work better with her face and maybe that's why her face looks wider. I'll try your other tips too. Thanks again. :)
Regards

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Any stuff appeared when you googled, like a tutorial. Worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion. There was a thread in the daz forum that discussed correcting the gray skin due to an iray update that I referred to previously. It does improve the skin a good deal but it's doesn't solve all of the issues. Was hoping that someone else might have come across this issue and had some success on further correcting the issue. If I could keep an old version of daz on my computer that used the old iray, I'd be in business.

Just wondering when you make a future game(s) have you thought having a male MC that's asian, black or latino?
The player in Earth Girls Are is rarely seen with the intent that this way he could be whoever you want him to be. However various body parts of the player are shown in his sex scenes with Britney or LyraI for instance. I just used a male daz model that I already had for the scene. I haven't given much thought to my next game yet as I have my hands full with my current one. Do you have a particular game idea in mind behind your suggestion?

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Of course it helps and I thank you very much, I think I just lost my perspective and it helps me what other eyes see.
And you're right with Isabella's hair, I put it aside to work better with her face and maybe that's why her face looks wider. I'll try your other tips too. Thanks again. :)
Regards
You're welcome. I also prefer to move her hair away from her face as you have in your renders. But this will give you a different look and make it a bit harder to compare to her game images. It seems to me that with the adjustments mentioned previously you should be very close.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
Thanks for the suggestion. There was a thread in the daz forum that discussed correcting the gray skin due to an iray update that I referred to previously. It does improve the skin a good deal but it's doesn't solve all of the issues. Was hoping that someone else might have come across this issue and had some success on further correcting the issue. If I could keep an old version of daz on my computer that used the old iray, I'd be in business.
Ok keep looking, I'm sure someone solved it using the old iray. I use GIMP but I don't think that can help you with Daz models unfortunately.

The player in Earth Girls Are is rarely seen with the intent that this way he could be whoever you want him to be. However various body parts of the player are shown in his sex scenes with Britney or LyraI for instance. I just used a male daz model that I already had for the scene. I haven't given much thought to my next game yet as I have my hands full with my current one. Do you have a particular game idea in mind behind your suggestion?
Mostly with interracial based game involving different ethic based MC with various female LI's, just for a change. Or as you put it, MC that isn't seen bar body parts in various scenes with a female LI.

cubero

Dec 9, 2017
You're welcome. I also prefer to move her hair away from her face as you have in your renders. But this will give you a different look and make it a bit harder to compare to her game images. It seems to me that with the adjustments mentioned previously you should be very close.
You were right with the hair, without touching her face it doesn't seem so wide anymore. And her lips and nose. I was stuck :rolleyes:
I think it's the way. Last render for today :sleep:.
Thank you.

187c3h30b2.jpg

Last edited:

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Ok keep looking, I'm sure someone solved it using the old iray. I use GIMP but I don't think that can help you with Daz models unfortunately.
It is a daz issue but thanks for your reply. Some of my favorite models are g3 and they have iray issues. So I would love to have a good solution that would allow me to adjust their skins to their original tones.

Mostly with interracial based game involving different ethic based MC with various female LI's, just for a change. Or as you put it, MC that isn't seen bar body parts in various scenes with a female LI.
I spend so much time on my own game that I don't get around to play many others. How do other game makers handle the male lead? With Earth Girls Are, I've gone with a third person view to try to leave what I can up to the player to define who they are. Isn't this largely behind giving the player the option to name their character? I can see something story or theme based that would benefit from a more defined male role. Is something along these lines what you are referring to? Sorry if I'm missing your points. Suppose part of it may also be that, my impressions anyway, is that it is the female characters that get the most attention in the appearance department.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
You were right with the hair, without touching her face it doesn't seem so wide anymore. And her lips and nose. I was stuck :rolleyes:
I think it's the way. Last render for today :sleep:.
Thank you.

View attachment 395691
Glad my suggestions were helpful. The changes look great! Thanks for sharing the new version. I think she looks very close to the game model. Her mouth seems a little wider than the game version I believe.

Reactions: cubero

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
was the model I found correct?
For Josy, I started with ChainZero's suggested g8 models of Layla & Rebekah. A lot of morphs were needed to get to the class detention photo I posted that I believe ended up pretty close.

Atherin

May 25, 2017
Here it is.
Thank you! ^^ Hopefully this will cover up some of the crazy.

I found that the look most of the girls in Dik have (That look like they are just alil pissed off but fighting the urge to bite thier lips every time they look at the main character) is an amalgam of all three basic "Smiles". I think I may have over did the smile...

Reactions: Cricket45

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
I find it helpful to have the daz model looking straight into the camera when I'm working on a mod. Then have a character photo that also shows the model looking straight into the camera. Then compare whether my mod results bring me closer to my goal or not.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes