Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Cony3D

Feb 3, 2020
the standard model of "Tara", and there is nothing else.
Thank you Soda,
I found, it's the model "HD Kayla Remake And Kayla Hair For Genesis 8 Female" now missing from Daz3D that can be found here among others:
This model is of good quality but sorely lacking in textures, makeup for example and I was not satisfied with the shape of her body, I am doing an interpretation of it, here is a basic image, I hope you will like it.

Tara01.png

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Does Daz crash to the desktop or does it just freeze, because if it looks like it freezes the mesh is probably about to explode, which causes everything to grind to a halt.
Have you tried the duvet on it's own in a fresh new scene?
It just freezes after hitting simulate and I get a "not responding" screen

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
It just freezes after hitting simulate and I get a "not responding" screen
Sounds to me like it's colliding with something else in the scene, and the mesh will explode, have you tried the bed/duvet in an empty scene on it's own?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Sounds to me like it's colliding with something else in the scene, and the mesh will explode, have you tried the bed/duvet in an empty scene on it's own?
I haven't try it with just the bed/duvet maybe the models are missing it up

Hypnos._

Dec 19, 2022
They are included in the DUF for some odd reason, but they are NOT USED AT ALL. I seem to recall someone else mentioning that as well and I checked. I'll check again to be certain and post a screen capture of my settings... <loading Daz>...

View attachment 2490237 View attachment 2490238

As you can see, there are no morphs used from her at all... it's just buggy shit in DAZ (what else is new). I added a note to my original post that this can be ignored. I had forgotten about this.
Im replying to this comment because i don't know how to specifically mention people lol. Nighthacker is there any specific way you search the internet for model assets or models? My current way is searching through the DAZ marketplace and here, but i find it incredibly inefficient. DAZ's filtering is awful, and i want to search some genesis 8 female models to see if i can find some models that might be used for Josy's face. A "2019 and before" filter would be so incredibly useful since DPC didn't make Josy after then. If anyone else has any insight on this also feel free to reply to me, any help would be appreciated

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Im replying to this comment because i don't know how to specifically mention people lol. Nighthacker is there any specific way you search the internet for model assets or models? My current way is searching through the DAZ marketplace and here, but i find it incredibly inefficient. DAZ's filtering is awful, and i want to search some genesis 8 female models to see if i can find some models that might be used for Josy's face. A "2019 and before" filter would be so incredibly useful since DPC didn't make Josy after then. If anyone else has any insight on this also feel free to reply to me, any help would be appreciated
I usually start by searching on the site. They have some filters on the right side. I will often start searching on the LAST page of the list of pages they use as that's where older posts will be and then work my way back. It's not the best way, but I can't think of many other ways. I rarely look at the Daz site for similar reasons. Sometimes you can find the odd thing right on F95 as well. I have browsed literally HUNDREDS of pages there looking for something, so it takes time no matter what, but I like how Render State organizes things for the most part. You can select a category on the right side etc.

And to tag someone, you type @ followed by their name, so for me and it should pop up a user you can click to tag. Another easier way, is to take your mouse, highlight their name from their post, CTRL+C to copy it, then when you paste it into your message, it will automatically tag it, like this:

Screenshot 2023-03-24 171530.jpg

Then pasting your name does this: Hypnos._

Another way I searched through my own installed characters, was that I loaded it a new, default Genesis 8 female. And then I went down the list of installed characters looking for skins so I could examine the moles. I would go to a character's material settings and just apply their skin to the default G8F model I had loaded as this was MUCH faster than loading each full character separately and allowed me to check the skin for certain moles to see what matched. At one point I was only checking her face and butt, so I set up two cameras facing each area so I could quickly click each camera to check and move on.

A side benefit was I discovered some nice skins that look good on the default model, but not nessecarily on the original and made a note of them. :)

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Just got done my version of Tara...

Tara assets:
~~~~~~~
Body, skin and hair: HD Kayla Remake And Kayla Hair For Genesis 8 Female
Genitalia: New Gens For Victoria 8

Shout out to Cony3D for the character tips.

Tara (G8F) - Centerfold.png

And as always, my scene subset requiring the above assets...
View attachment Tara (G8F) Scene Subset.7z

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes