Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Scrolling the thread, I thought that Zoey definitely deserves more attention. First I played a little with the model without environment. Thanks to Night Hacker for the assets. You are the real hero of this place (y)

Zoey10-04K.png

And special thanks to The Glorious LIME for the first lessons in DAZ - you are a great mentor. It was your work that inspired me to try this, and it brings me real pleasure.:cool:
Zoey from me. I liked her during the Interlude, and after Ep.9 she rose to my top, so I created it with a special passion.

Zoey10-07.png

Next time I want to try something more complex, if my hardware holds up. See you soon!

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Scrolling the thread, I thought that Zoey definitely deserves more attention. First I played a little with the model without environment. Thanks to Night Hacker for the assets. You are the real hero of this place (y)

View attachment 2555003

And special thanks to The Glorious LIME for the first lessons in DAZ - you are a great mentor. It was your work that inspired me to try this, and it brings me real pleasure.:cool:
Zoey from me. I liked her during the Interlude, and after Ep.9 she rose to my top, so I created it with a special passion.

View attachment 2555004

Next time I want to try something more complex, if my hardware holds up. See you soon!
Keep up the good work, but most importantly, have fun :)

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

View attachment 2555003

View attachment 2555004

Very nice! Keep up the good work. Just keep messing around with it, experimenting in new ways and you'll improve. (y)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

7thOmen

Mar 10, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nice job on the renders! Did you render in pieces and put it together in Photoshop? That's a pretty heavy hit for most GPUs with that many polys...

Also, if you go to the clothing item, you can adjust the bones there to get a better fit in the couch scene. In case you weren't aware. If it's a dForce item, you can change the memorized pose and start with Jill just above the couch and use the timeline to lower the character down to the couch. Just make sure that the clothes do not intersect anything and there is a slight gap left between the model and the couch, or else... Boom goes the
outfit. If you haven't seen that happen yet, it's kinda cool... at first.

7thOmen

Reactions: spiegelbild

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
View attachment 2554946 The only asset I haven't been able to find. The glasses are no where to be found. Any info or help ????
Those would be , they will fit on a G8F with minor adjustments. The only difference between the image and the glasses in this package is there's no white "N7" or whatever on the side, otherwise the shape etc... is identical.

Edit: found the hair

Last edited:
Reactions: TREXrg

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
Those would be , they will fit on a G8F with minor adjustments. The only difference between the image and the glasses in this package is there's no white "N7" or whatever on the side, otherwise the shape etc... is identical.

What hair asset is that in this? I've been looking for it (still am, may find it by the time you reply, but just in case I don't)

Reactions: TREXrg

spiegelbild

Dec 16, 2019

Nice job on the renders! Did you render in pieces and put it together in Photoshop? That's a pretty heavy hit for most GPUs with that many polys...

Also, if you go to the clothing item, you can adjust the bones there to get a better fit in the couch scene. In case you weren't aware. If it's a dForce item, you can change the memorized pose and start with Jill just above the couch and use the timeline to lower the character down to the couch. Just make sure that the clothes do not intersect anything and there is a slight gap left between the model and the couch, or else... Boom goes the
outfit. If you haven't seen that happen yet, it's kinda cool... at first.

7thOmen
No, I rendered everything at once as they are in the images, I only used Photoshop to add text to the polaroids and the "Enjoy!" card. The scenes with a lot of characters took a bit to render, but the longest render time was the night scene, the mansion has a ridiculous amount of polygons and I forgot to hide/delete everthing that wasn't going to show in the scene (and add to that, the grass), so my pc was crawling to make that one, it took me more than 3 hours :ROFLMAO:

For the couch scene I noticed MC's shirt was clipping after I rendered and I was tired so I left it o_O Jill's "boyfriend shirt" however was the real nightmare, and I kind of gave up at some point. It has a lot of morph itself to open one side, both, make it hang, even if character is sitting or not but it was a pain in the ass, and I wanted that look for her at that moment.

I experienced what happens when dforce goes wild A LOT (Jill's wedding dress and veil are dforce items and I "simulated" them) and as you said it's pretty cool.... THE FIRST TIME, then it's a rage inducing moment :HideThePain:

In any case, thanks for the advices. I've learnt a lot reading this forum and I hope I can learn even more.

spiegelbild

Dec 16, 2019
Would you mind sharing the asset you used for them?
The polaroid was a prop from
But I ended up creating a plane primitive and attaching it to the prop to add "extra space" to the bottom of the frame for text; you can see in the images the little gap between them, it could be improved to look better, I just didn't want to spend too much time with that because the important part was the pictures themselves. Thinking about it, it's probably easier to make them with two planes without downloading anything, but that's what I used.

Last edited:

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
The polaroid was a prop from
But I ended up creating a plane primitive and attaching it to the prop to add "extra space" to the bottom of the frame for text; you can see in the images the little gap between them, it could be improved to look better, I just didn't want to spend too much time with that because the important part was the pictures themselves. Thinking about it, it's probably easier to make them with two planes without downloading anything, but that's what I used.
Thanks mate.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Found the hair. Just done up a quick render using my previously posted Bella scene subset and the following assets...

Glasses: Z Sexy In Specs – Genesis 3 Female/Victoria 7
Hair: Rochelle Ponytail Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)

The hair is from Genesis 3, but fits Genesis 8 with no difficulties.

Isabella (G8F) - Glasses.png

7thOmen

Mar 10, 2023
No, I rendered everything at once as they are in the images, I only used Photoshop to add text to the polaroids and the "Enjoy!" card. The scenes with a lot of characters took a bit to render, but the longest render time was the night scene, the mansion has a ridiculous amount of polygons and I forgot to hide/delete everthing that wasn't going to show in the scene (and add to that, the grass), so my pc was crawling to make that one, it took me more than 3 hours :ROFLMAO:

For the couch scene I noticed MC's shirt was clipping after I rendered and I was tired so I left it o_O Jill's "boyfriend shirt" however was the real nightmare, and I kind of gave up at some point. It has a lot of morph itself to open one side, both, make it hang, even if character is sitting or not but it was a pain in the ass, and I wanted that look for her at that moment.

I experienced what happens when dforce goes wild A LOT (Jill's wedding dress and veil are dforce items and I "simulated" them) and as you said it's pretty cool.... THE FIRST TIME, then it's a rage inducing moment :HideThePain:

In any case, thanks for the advices. I've learnt a lot reading this forum and I hope I can learn even more.
Very cool, thanks for the explanation. Looks like you've been around Daz for a while, or learn quick. I've been in Daz/Poser and Blender since ES4:Oblivion modding days. Hit me up if you want to exchange ideas. That Boyfriend shirt was ground breaking when released, but it takes a LOT of tweaking the dForce settings to get it to cooperate. I got sick of dealing with it and removed it from my runtime.
The couch render is badass. I'm have to admit, I'm going to make a run at your concept. Imogen has been a running favorite of mine with, ironically, Aurore. You created a great setting, worthy of imitation.
I'm still no stranger to dForce's geometric artwork. Next time it happens, give it a gem or glass texture and render it, haha.

7thOmen

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I hope I can continue this. Because:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You may be running out of video card memory. If you have an older card, as I used to, that has a limited amount of memory, than it will need to fall back to the CPU to render which is slower. I used to have a GTX 1050TI which only had 4G of VRAM (video card memory). What I used to do was to hide all 3D objects in a scene that were not actually seen by the camera and I reduced the texture size to limit the video memory used.

Scene Optimizer and Camera View Optimizer can be VERY helpful in this regard, especially Scene Optimizer which will reduce texture sizes in a scene for you. I usually just set it to the lowest number, 2, so it didn't reduce them TOO much, but reduced them by half the size, which actually uses a quarter of the video memory. Camera View Optimized can be okay, though I personally prefer to manually hide objects in a scene instead. Fewer objects equals less video RAM used AND a faster render as it has fewer objects to take into account for light bounces. You just need to leave objects that reflect light in the scene. But it was amazing what I was able to fit into a scene on my little card!

You can find both of these scripts here:

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
What I used to do was to hide all 3D objects in a scene that were not actually seen by the camera and I reduced the texture size to limit the video memory used.
Not exactly the same thing, but the concept is identical, screen space rendering saves the day, rendering things you can't see is a waste of resources.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DishonestBitesizedInganue-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Emoon

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
  • Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes