Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

g1nk

May 31, 2020
I actually like quinn with makeup (except for the rox version) but I keep seeing the opinion that people like her without so I tried one without makeup on her... and since I was removing stuff why not remove some clothes as well :sneaky:

Quinn in a hot spring:

Lou Gojira

Jan 5, 2022
I am constantly amazed by the display of talent here, and I hope I'm not breaking some kind of rule asking whether any of you talented artists are working on your own games.

If not, why not? I'd practically saw off my foot to have one-fifth of the talent that's on display here every day.
Although I haven't contributed any art to this awesome thread, I can vouch for everything these gentlemen have said thus far about coding, time consumption, lack of assets, etc...but I'll go one step further and mention story. What kind of story does a person really want to tell? And more to the point, how inspired will a person be to really knuckle down on a particular story to get it told once the "newness" wears off? We all have ideas, but what sort of story will motivate a person to work on it when they don't feel like it, or have other things they'd rather do instead?

The girls and the nudity are always fun, but there has to be more to it than simply wanting to throw a bunch of lewd scenes together. Total eye-candy can only take you so far.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020
Although I haven't contributed any art to this awesome thread, I can vouch for everything these gentlemen have said thus far about coding, time consumption, lack of assets, etc...but I'll go one step further and mention story. What kind of story does a person want really to tell? And more to the point, how inspired will a person be to really knuckle down on a particular story to get it told once the "newness" wears off? We all have ideas, but what sort of story will motivate a person to work on it when they don't feel like it, or have other things they'd rather do instead?

The girls and the nudity are always fun, but there has to be more to it than simply wanting to throw a bunch of lewd scenes together. Total eye-candy can only take you so far.
It's funny, the story part from my POV isn't a mystery at all. I've got a script working that's up to nearly 100 pages including all the variables and branching (up to the end of day five of the story). I've wrapped my head around the fact that I probably will never get it made, but I keep banging away at it because it's been fun to do.

Reactions: Jumbi

Lou Gojira

Jan 5, 2022
It's funny, the story part from my POV isn't a mystery at all. I've got a script working that's up to nearly 100 pages including all the variables and branching (up to the end of day five of the story). I've wrapped my head around the fact that I probably will never get it made, but I keep banging away at it because it's been fun to do.
That's cool! Glad to hear that you're staying motivated. I like to think that a person's enthusiasm reflects in their finished product(s) when it's all said and done.

Best wishes with your project. :cool:(y)

Reactions: Jumbi

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
The first quick scene with Zoey. Thanks to Night Hacker for her assets (y) (Man you have a really iron will to track down all those character assets)

I have a question if anyone can share? When you have a recipe for a model like this:
View attachment 2667939

How do you create the figure? Do you load GF 8 first and then apply steps (1, 2, and 3) or do you load Madison HD for G8F and continue with steps 2, 3, etc? I'm curious, because when I started with GF8 and then added the settings I got some alien Zoey :alien:

So here is the picture with Zoye's.
Maybe someday, I will find you But for now, I'm still so lost And I don't know what's missing to me... ;)
View attachment 2667943
Well, I load in the figure for the BODY first. If there are several figures for the body, in this case there are. Than I load one of them (in this case I went with Ashlyn first). I then go to the shape tab and lower Ashyln to 50% and I experimented A LOT with many other characters until I tried FW Wanda HD. I then experimented with different combinations, different percentages of each, looking CLOSELY at different features, usually facial and how they change and modifying them until something feels right (or close enough). I actually tried a lot of different characters for this until I settled on Wanda.

The Skin is easy, just go to the People -> Genesis 8 Female -> Character and to the folder for that character and there is usually a Materials folder which has the skin, or sometimes it's right in the main character folder. Just double click the skin option and it will apply the skin without altering the body shape (you can do this to make your own unique characters, just pick a body shape you like, then try applying different skins to it).

I spend a ton of time just tracking these down, mainly her skin to find the various moles etc...and match them up. Then A LOT of experimentation with different body shapes and percentages as I said.

I will usually grab a ton of screenshots of the character in game or I will go to the game's image folder and copy everything for that character I can find, from different angles so I can use the angles to get the body shape right and check out the moles, eye colours etc.. etc... etc....

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Well, I load in the figure for the BODY first. If there are several figures for the body, in this case there are. Than I load one of them (in this case I went with Ashlyn first). I then go to the shape tab and lower Ashyln to 50% and I experimented A LOT with many other characters until I tried FW Wanda HD. I then experimented with different combinations, different percentages of each, looking CLOSELY at different features, usually facial and how they change and modifying them until something feels right (or close enough). I actually tried a lot of different characters for this until I settled on Wanda.

The Skin is easy, just go to the People -> Genesis 8 Female -> Character and to the folder for that character and there is usually a Materials folder which has the skin, or sometimes it's right in the main character folder. Just double click the skin option and it will apply the skin without altering the body shape (you can do this to make your own unique characters, just pick a body shape you like, then try applying different skins to it).

I spend a ton of time just tracking these down, mainly her skin to find the various moles etc...and match them up. Then A LOT of experimentation with different body shapes and percentages as I said.

I will usually grab a ton of screenshots of the character in game or I will go to the game's image folder and copy everything for that character I can find, from different angles so I can use the angles to get the body shape right and check out the moles, eye colours etc.. etc... etc....
Thanks for the advice. They are really valuable.
Thanks for the Sage assets. But I found that they are for G3F. And all my clothes, hair, etc are for G8F. So I decided to recreate your Sage model for G8F. I followed the body and head settings(https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10076152), but the result was not as expected. So I reloaded your model for G3F and copied all the fine adjustments you made manually. Then I loaded my G8F model and edited the settings (which are quite a lot):
sage_settings.png
The effort was well worth it.

I got I have one more question. Is that Leony's hair in ep.9?:unsure: With settings applied? I've tried quite a few settings to do but I can't reach that result. Kind of a tangle (going under each other) hairstyle? If anyone has an idea I would be happy to help.
sage_hair.png

Lou Gojira

Jan 5, 2022
And be able to write a good story.
That is my greatest setback...I like to think I'd be willing to learn how to code, and figure out a way to drum up the money for the assets needed, and all of that other stuff...the deal is I just don't have some kind of story trying to get out of my head. I've got ideas for scenes all day long; it's the all-connecting overarching story tying it all together that evades me.

Not only that, but I heard a saying decades ago that sums up my dilemma perfectly: (paraphrasing)
"There is nothing more exciting than your own sexual fantasies...or more boring than somebody else's."

I know what gets my motor running...the problem is it wouldn't do much for somebody else. ;)

Reactions: TREXrg and znar25

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks for the advice. They are really valuable.
Thanks for the Sage assets. But I found that they are for G3F. And all my clothes, hair, etc are for G8F. So I decided to recreate your Sage model for G8F. I followed the body and head settings(https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10076152), but the result was not as expected. So I reloaded your model for G3F and copied all the fine adjustments you made manually. Then I loaded my G8F model and edited the settings (which are quite a lot):
View attachment 2671612
The effort was well worth it.

I got I have one more question. Is that Leony's hair in ep.9?:unsure: With settings applied? I've tried quite a few settings to do but I can't reach that result. Kind of a tangle (going under each other) hairstyle? If anyone has an idea I would be happy to help.
View attachment 2671661
Interesting observation. If you can't get the same look with the current hair, than it is probably the wrong hair and there's probably something else that was used that is very similar. I have encountered similar things with other characters before. I usually look for little differences like what you observed and then keep searching for it.

Anyhow, nice work on your G8F Sage! Looking good! I just done her up as G3F as that appears to be the original and I was just happy to get that right. You done it about the same as I would have if I had converted her to G8F. (y)

Tjure

Feb 24, 2022
As you guys may know, i'm the guy whose GF asked for the MC & Jill wedding render. and now since we're nearing our 10th month together, i want to surprise her with another render of them.
This time someting along the lines of: MC & Jill's future family, more specificaly, they with a young daughter.
Now i know DAZ has a tendency to make very young kids look weird so, let's say around 10-12 years old. Any scenery and looks are welcome, just make it beautiful and cute.

Again i thank whomever fullfill this request,those last ones made her so happy i can't wait to see that glow in her eyes when i show this!
Again i'm not sure if these are what your looking for.
But this time at least without cemetery. ;)

Jill_MC_Kid_02_p01.png

Jill_MC_child_03_p01.png

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes