Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

GeekyLion

Sep 12, 2022
Hello. Greetings to everyone in this forum. This is my first post here.
My story is similar to many of the people here. I became a big fan of the game, and just couldn't believe how much imagination and hard work DPC has put into his creation. Then on a Reddit forum, I saw a thread that mentioned using ready-made models for the game's characters. And of course DAZ Studio. I decided to give it a try.
The beginning was hard and painful. But after I found this forum things got easier. It took me 3-4 months to go through all 500 pages. It was an amazing adventure. Thanks to each of you who share your experiences. I myself have delved for hours to find a figure or a certain hair. Once again kudos to all of you.
I share with you some of the things I have done. I apologize for my English, but it is not my native language.
View attachment 2664451
View attachment 2664453
View attachment 2664454
View attachment 2664455
View attachment 2664456 View attachment 2664457
View attachment 2664458
Your art is incredible, especially for someone who has (relatively speaking) "just started out".

Not a criticism, but I noticed that image of Quinn lighting her cigarette suffers from the well-known "black rings in the eyes" Daz/iRay issue. Not sure if you know this but it can be fairly easily solved either by using a Cornea/Eyemoisture Scaling Morph (I think, I usually use the one which can be freely found here: ), or by switching the "Render Settings -> Optimization -> Instancing Optimization" to Speed (think it's Speed, otherwise you should try Memory, it's one of the two).

Anyways, Keep it up! And, I'm already looking forward to seeing more of your art in the future! :D

Reactions: TREXrg and Jumbi

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Your art is incredible, especially for someone who has (relatively speaking) "just started out".

Not a criticism, but I noticed that image of Quinn lighting her cigarette suffers from the well-known "black rings in the eyes" Daz/iRay issue. Not sure if you know this but it can be fairly easily solved either by using a Cornea/Eyemoisture Scaling Morph (I think, I usually use the one which can be freely found here: ), or by switching the "Render Settings -> Optimization -> Instancing Optimization" to Speed (think it's Speed, otherwise you should try Memory, it's one of the two).

Anyways, Keep it up! And, I'm already looking forward to seeing more of your art in the future! :D
I have about 7 months of experience with DAZ. But this forum helped me a lot. Making the models a hobby I relax with (just not to try modeling Sage or Jojo's faces myself :sneaky:)

Yes, you are absolutely right about the black circles in the eyes(y). I fixed that in the other photos the way you mentioned. In Quinn's case, I just didn't notice it. If anyone needs a guide on "How to remove black rings from eyes" this dude does good tutorials:

Good day folks:D
quinn_mobile_red_dress.jpg

Bobhanw

Feb 8, 2023

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Hello again! I'm back with a big work dedicated to one of my favorite girls. Divided into two parts, because there are fully thematic sets.
Zoey post - Part 1

We are the travelers. Humanity has always been drawn into the unknown. Open new. Explore the unknown. Zoey has always been adventurous, full of new ideas and wanted to go somewhere far away. San Diego? And what about the new galaxy?

Art created in collaboration with The Glorious LIME. Thank you for working with photoshop, thanks to you the art sparkled with new colors.
ZoeyEffect01_-LIMED_v3.png

And ofc thanks for the Blasto the hanar Spectre idea :ROFLMAO:

geralt_me_zoey_3.png

geralt_me_zoey_2.png

If you like this work - report to the ship as soon as possible. And:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
The first quick scene with Zoey. Thanks to Night Hacker for her assets (y) (Man you have a really iron will to track down all those character assets)

I have a question if anyone can share? When you have a recipe for a model like this:
steps.jpg

How do you create the figure? Do you load GF 8 first and then apply steps (1, 2, and 3) or do you load Madison HD for G8F and continue with steps 2, 3, etc? I'm curious, because when I started with GF8 and then added the settings I got some alien Zoey :alien:

So here is the picture with Zoye's.
Maybe someday, I will find you But for now, I'm still so lost And I don't know what's missing to me... ;)
zoey_beer_wait.jpg

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
I never knew I wanted smoking Josy in my life, but... OK, that's a lie. I did know I wanted it, but I didn't know how much I wanted it until you posted this. Great, great job.
different realities or .... endings :unsure:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great work, I especially like the top left image. Quinn leaning out the window gives the picture a unique feel. I also like that you put in the effort to have smoke effects in your pics.

Jun 30, 2020
I am constantly amazed by the display of talent here, and I hope I'm not breaking some kind of rule asking whether any of you talented artists are working on your own games.

If not, why not? I'd practically saw off my foot to have one-fifth of the talent that's on display here every day.

bellaisdabest

Jan 9, 2022
I am constantly amazed by the display of talent here, and I hope I'm not breaking some kind of rule asking whether any of you talented artists are working on your own games.

If not, why not? I'd practically saw off my foot to have one-fifth of the talent that's on display here every day.
i am guessing it is because games take a long time to make. not only is rendering involved but also coding etc. i dont think most of the artists here have time to make a game.

Reactions: TREXrg

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020

Games involve a lot of coding as well, it doesn't matter how good the graphics are if the interface is crap or the coding is poor so it's got loads of bugs. There's also a time extent, you can produce decent renders with limited hardware, but those renders take a long time to produce with limited hardware. Most actual game devs run at hundreds of renders per month, if your hardware takes 6-8 hours to produce one render then you're limited to how many you can produce too much to actually make a game. Then there's animations to produce as well, which take up more hardware and take much longer than renders to produce.

Reactions: TREXrg and sava75

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023

Yes, these opinions are correct. Programming skills are also required. In addition, a quality product requires a lot of time. Most people do it for fun and relaxation. I guess they are working another job.
DAZ skills are not that hard to learn. There is one more thing. I'm not sure, but to create a game and release it you need original assets from DAZ or other sites. When I started, spent about 60$ just for Victoria 8 and Imogen (Jill's model). Calculate if you have more character and how much money you need for hair, clothes, etc. When you're DPC you can probably easily buy originals and some RTX 4090. Most people here, like myself use the 'free' assets for the models.
If wasn't so affordable if anyone would create scenes with the models? As an example, few people create personal stuff on Blender. I tried it a while ago too, but it's terribly time-consuming. DAZ is another song-a few clicks and you've got your favorite character.

Reactions: Alluantu and TREXrg
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes