Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Pink Weiß
Drinks.jpg

For those interested, I made the Pink Weiß beer label from the game. I made two versions, one for each of the zeddicuss sets.

It's not the exact font, but with over 600 pages of similar fonts, it's good enough, imo.
Drinks02.jpg
Just place the runtime folder into your DAZ library.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
My first render of Nicole. Her hair looks off, I know. It did not render well, which is a shame since she has arguably the most beautiful hair asset used by any character in the game. Sorry for that. I tried to make it look a little less bad in Photoshop, but it is still not enough.

I used a 2000 'Max samples' count to render this, like in many of my previous pieces. But it is clearly not enough by itself to make Claudia hair (that's the name of this hair) look without glitches. Next time I render Nicole, I will raise the 'Max samples' figure. I could also try using the post denoiser in Daz, but I do not like that it makes the picture lose detail.

As usual, thanks a lot to Night Hacker for his post about the assets used for the character.

nicole001.jpg

10/14/2023 edition

I've rendered it again with more samples and this time I've also lowered the cutout opacity for most parts of the hair, as suggested by Pillock. Thank you again, man. I think that it looks better now. This time I've forgotten to redirect her eyes so that she looks at the camera, though. Man, it's so annoying that regardless of having saved the scene after I posed her eyes, I still have to repose them every time I load the scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Lou Gojira

Jan 5, 2022
My first render of Nicole. Her hair looks off, I know. It did not render well, which is a shame since she has arguably the most beautiful hair asset used by any character in the game. Sorry for that. I tried to make it look a little less bad in Photoshop, but it is still not enough.

I used a 2000 'Max samples' count to render this, like in many of my previous pieces. But it is clearly not enough by itself to make Claudia hair (that's the name of this hair) look without glitches. Next time I render Nicole, I will raise the 'Max samples' figure. I could also try using the post denoiser in Daz, but I do not like that it makes the picture lose detail.

As usual, thanks a lot to Night Hacker for his post about the assets used for the character.

View attachment 2995659
For what it's worth, I think she looks great. Nicole is among my top 5 ladies in the game, and your art has really done her justice. I look forward to seeing how your future renders of Nicole are going to look. :cool:(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
For what it's worth, I think she looks great. Nicole is among my top 5 ladies in the game, and your art has really done her justice. I look forward to seeing how your future renders of Nicole are going to look. :cool:(y)
I'm happy to hear that you like it. Thank you!

Reactions: Lou Gojira

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019

View attachment 2995659
I think she looks great, overall a nice render.
You could try setting the cutout opacity of the hair to 0.98%, do this for all the elements except the cap, leave that at 1.0.

• Red Heart

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I think she looks great, overall a nice render.
You could try setting the cutout opacity of the hair to 0.98%, do this for all the elements except the cap, leave that at 1.0.
Thank you! And I also appreciate your tip. If you had not mentioned it, I probably would never have thought of playing with the cutout opacity. I will also try that next time I make something with Nicole or some other figure whose hair is so complex. (y)

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

View attachment 2995659
Hair looks much better than on my works, where I usually put at least 8k samples. SubD level maximum?

• Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes