Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

redle

Apr 12, 2017
This is much appreciated, man. So awesome. I haven't used any of the available edits made by a few of you on the original outfit yet. But it is fantastic to have different options to work with.
If you do want to tweak on your own, all indicators I've seen point to the skirt using the "Spirit" version as original. The top is the "red Hot" top with a single color shift applied in photoshop or the like (which is also why those rib pieces have randomly odd colors in the game that do not match the color scheme). Problem is a color shift is more an eyeball type of edit. So there's no clear "correct." How close did the original come to the color they wanted? Do you eyeball matching game screenshots which have lighting effects applied or eyeball spirit skirt or spirit top color (and yes, the top from spirit seems a bit brighter to me than the skirt).

Anomalies I noticed in the other versions:
Earliest one had:
pink center/black trim on top collar/neck (reversed of desired)
missing black trim on the letters
random color corruption from cut/paste/repair that looks used to "patch together" the top
did not color the rib side pieces to match

Newest one:
missed the center of the "O" of hot in coloring
colored the lower rib side piece to match top's primary color rather than the color used in game
lost all product detail on the pink portions (all seams deleted, cloth material wiped clean, no minute variation in hues)
basically rather than doing a color-shift of the red-Hot top the red zones were all "painted" a monotone pink

Not knocking either of the other 2 versions. One needs to know they are supposed to look different and go looking for problems to really notice the mismatches and my version is no different at likely being just a little bit off (as I said the color is an eyeball match with multiple potential targets). Any of them should get you a pretty good result (or tweak your own or repair parts of one of the above).

Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Recently I had an idea, what if Zoey hadn’t returned from San Diego? If she became successful in surfing, did she find a better tattoo parlor with a better salary?
This was an interesting inspiration and I made Zoey alt who stayed in San Diego, personality development based on DIK-Zoey.

Surfing relaxation...
View attachment 2997964

Nightclubs...
View attachment 2997965

Further development was impossible without the NTR segment, because Fuckface is no more.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nice. I like that first render in the beach especially.

If you do want to tweak on your own, all indicators I've seen point to the skirt using the "Spirit" version as original. The top is the "red Hot" top with a single color shift applied in photoshop or the like (which is also why those rib pieces have randomly odd colors in the game that do not match the color scheme). Problem is a color shift is more an eyeball type of edit. So there's no clear "correct." How close did the original come to the color they wanted? Do you eyeball matching game screenshots which have lighting effects applied or eyeball spirit skirt or spirit top color (and yes, the top from spirit seems a bit brighter to me than the skirt).

Anomalies I noticed in the other versions:
Earliest one had:
pink center/black trim on top collar/neck (reversed of desired)
missing black trim on the letters
random color corruption from cut/paste/repair that looks used to "patch together" the top
did not color the rib side pieces to match

Newest one:
missed the center of the "O" of hot in coloring
colored the lower rib side piece to match top's primary color rather than the color used in game
lost all product detail on the pink portions (all seams deleted, cloth material wiped clean, no minute variation in hues)
basically rather than doing a color-shift of the red-Hot top the red zones were all "painted" a monotone pink

Not knocking either of the other 2 versions. One needs to know they are supposed to look different and go looking for problems to really notice the mismatches and my version is no different at likely being just a little bit off (as I said the color is an eyeball match with multiple potential targets). Any of them should get you a pretty good result (or tweak your own or repair parts of one of the above).
Thanks for your observations. (y) Before I use it in a rendering, It is likely that I'll try my own edit, if only to see if I can learn something in the process.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
View attachment 2987830

I'm posting this on Edge. For some mysterious reason, now I have all buttons greyed out on Firefox, which is the browser I use the most. The strangest sh*t happens to me.

BTW, is anyone willing to teach me how to edit the cheerleader outfit for Genesis 3 to make it look like the HOTs uniform? With the DIKs jacket, it was easy to edit it, because I could edit the surfaces directly in Daz Studio, but with the HOTs outfit, it can't be done directly in DS, as far as I can tell, and I have no clue of how to do it with Photoshop or other image-editing software.

These are the two elements of the original asset that need to be edited unless I am not noticing something else.
I use Firefox with zero problems. I won't use anything else.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
The difference in values. If the model is not very close, you can leave it at 1. Either way, you won't notice a difference. If you want a lot of detail in the skin, choose value 3 and pay the price.

View attachment 2996888
Yeah, some higher resolution textures require a 3 or 4. I will often set mine at 2/3 or 2/4. Actually, you should check this setting on any of my scene subsets I shared as I will often set them to 2/3 or 2/4 for my own preference, but if that is too taxing on your system, it should be lowered.

Reactions: Valarcho

Barneydog

Jul 3, 2018
Jumbi You may already be happy with what you have. If so, ignore this post. But here would be my version...
View attachment 2997145
Color might be a slight touch off, but it corrects a few of the discrepancies of the other versions I've seen. Keep the bump maps and all the rest from the original product.
How would I incorporate this into my Daz 3D library?

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
everything is on point except the mirror, how can utilize it more, here what Iam aiming. any tips? View attachment 3000409 View attachment 3000416
That's simple, you need to create proper lighting, some lights from the side, aimed at the reflection etc... look at the lighting in your goal image. It's from above and from the side so her front and back is lit up and at an angle that shows off the shape of her abdomen etc. Notice that the light is fairly bright, with the opposite side dark enough for a nice contrast as well. In your top image the light is totally from the back with nothing on the front and the light is coming straight on her back, where as it should be at an angle so it produces shadows on her body etc.

Reactions: tomyboy06 and Jumbi

redle

Apr 12, 2017
How would I incorporate this into my Daz 3D library?
First do as you normally would
a) load the clothing into the scene
b) select the clothing
c) apply one of the available presets (in this case probably the pink Spirit version)

Second, with clothing still selected
1) go to the surfaces tab
2) select the clothing (in the surfaces)
3) find the "Base Color" and click on the texture icon on its left edge
daz change texture.jpg
4) Select "Browse..." from the popup menu
5) A file selection dialog will pop up. Navigate it to wherever you chose to save the new BaDIK texture and select it

You're done.
Applying the Spirit textures first set up the material with all the original settings, bump map, normal map, etc, etc.
If you want at this point you can do a "File -> Save As -> Material Preset..." That will create a new item in your Content Library with the currently applied textures and settings (item will be created in the "My Library" portion of the content library).
Creating a preset isn't necessary. The scene you are working in will work with or without. Just depends if you want the preset for slightly quicker future use.

I will add, when you save scenes in Daz it does not save things like textures. If it did save files would get huge fast and waste a lot of disk space. Instead it saves which textures it needs and loads them from where they already are saved on disk when you load a scene. I mention this because wherever the new texture is stored on your computer when you use the file browser mentioned above to select it is where Daz will continue to look for it and load it in the future (if you save and later load a scene that uses it). So you probably do not want to just drop the texture onto your desktop or something like that. Doesn't really matter where you store it (I often will store edited images in the same directory as the original images I modify, "...../runtime/texture/outoftouch/..." in this case, but it can be stored anywhere), you just can't move or delete the texture after you used it. If you delete or move the image, then when you load a scene that uses it you'll get a message about a missing texture. Everything else will load fine. Then you can either just continue without any texture, or you can click back on the "Base Color" icon and do the browse option again to choose a texture again.

Last edited:

boobslover88

May 19, 2017
That's simple, you need to create proper lighting, some lights from the side, aimed at the reflection etc... look at the lighting in your goal image. It's from above and from the side so her front and back is lit up and at an angle that shows off the shape of her abdomen etc. Notice that the light is fairly bright, with the opposite side dark enough for a nice contrast as well. In your top image the light is totally from the back with nothing on the front and the light is coming straight on her back, where as it should be at an angle so it produces shadows on her body etc.
thanks now that make sense now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
This is the seventh time I make a render of Quinn. I like to add a number in a three-digit format to the end of the filename indicating how many works I've done so far for that respective character. This one makes quinn007, and as you can see, I've really strained my brain to find an idea for it...

quinn007.png

I use Firefox with zero problems. I won't use anything else.
Yeah, I also prefer that browser to others. And I fixed that issue I mentioned in that post really quick. Just by deleting the cookies of F95zone that Firefox stores and allowing the site to create new ones, everything worked fine again.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes