Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
so... you just casually blew my mind because despite using quinn and rio for months I never did the connection, even though I spent multiple days or even weeks in the beginning obsessing over quinns eyes, ultimately changing the materials of non aurore eyes with a custom edit and concluded that this is what I'm working with now. I even added entirely foreign veins and all that to them. I'm somewhat eye focus on many of my render so this is a big deal for me :oops:

thanks for sharing!
Don't mention it. I've benefitted myself a lot from the knowledge shared in these pages by some users. As I see it, the more we share our finds, the better for us all. Also, I see myself reflected in your own experience. I also spent a lot of time at the beginning trying to get Quinn's eyes like they appear in the game, until I surrendered and switched to different alternatives. By the way, people, I don't know if some of you know this, but a set of totally custom eyes for Genesis 8 models that take a modular approach (thanks to Daz's Layered Image Editor) is . Amazing product, really.

Man, my memory sucks quite a lot. Even though I discovered the connection between Quinn's eyes and the Hyuna figure very recently, I can't recall the exact moment when I said to myself (looking at one close-up shot of Rio's face): "One moment, those irises ring a bell. What if...". The more I work trying to recreate characters from the game, the more I'm convinced that DPC actually doesn't go for really complex formulas to flesh out a character's appearance in the game. Either he uses a figure with his/her default shapes and skin or apply materials of one figure on a different figure (the skin as a whole or specific parts like, in this case, with Hyuna's eyes on Aurore).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: g1nk

g1nk

May 31, 2020
Don't mention it.
Yea once you start collecting multiple of his characters you start realizing that many of them share assets or are the same build with different skins, often mixed between the same. This obviously is great for us fanartists because it's easy to recreate so I won't complain ;). There is basically just one thing that annoyed me to no end once I noticed it and that is that basically all or most aurore based models share the same naval piercing, like Sage, Quinn and Maya... it's a tiny thing but idk... it irks me :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, thanks again!

Reactions: Jumbi

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I updated Quinn a little by adding in the right eye texture (thanks to Jumbi for identifying that). New render showing how it looks and as always, my scene subset at the bottom of this post.

Quinn (G8F) Assets
Body & Skin:
Eye Texture:
Hair:
Skull earring and right beauty mark:
Genitals:

Note: Face Makeup and belly button piercing are all part of the Aurore assets.

View attachment 3004392

And of course my Scene Subset using the above listed assets...
View attachment 3004404

I updated Quinn a little by adding in the right eye texture (thanks to Jumbi for identifying that). New render showing how it looks and as always, my scene subset in the quoted post above (and in my links in my signature) for anyone interested. Nice find on the eyes, I don't know WHY it never occurred to me to check Hyuna, considering she had the same eyes. It seems so obvious NOW.

I also changed the asset links from Daz3D links to Render-State links.

Last edited:

ChaosKen

May 1, 2022
You sound a bit overwhelmed. I feel like that very often myself. Just take your time, don't rush things. It's only normal that you still lack skill to do some things. That will come with time if you persevere. The lack of resources and time is a different matter, though. But since those things escape your control, just try to not let them bother you. As I said, you're doing great. If I tried to do what you are doing, I probably wouldn't even know where to start.
No worries, mate. Not overwhelmed, just whiny, nothing a bottle of sake cannot resolved. Haa...

Tjure

Feb 24, 2022
Thanks mate.

Will keep going... COS I ALREADY BOUGHT THOSE DAMN ASSETS! NEED TO USE THEM!! (damned rabbit hole)
I can imaging what an effort this is. Making a whole story. I tried it once for myself but gave up. There was always something i wanted to add and i totally got lost in minor things.
I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor. And please don't press yourself too much. Keep it healthy or drink more sake, whatever helps.:LOL:

• Red Heart
Reactions: ChaosKen and Jumbi

Trajan99

May 14, 2017
The soundtrack really stands out and creates a good ambience through the whole game, especially the punk rock feel of the early chapters. So I added a track from the game to my latest animation. KInda connects it more to the game I guess....

I'll also upload a version without background music, since music can also be pretty fucking annoying sometimes.

On the note of music, is there any mod that adds the Friday Prophets songs back into the game?
Sage_spread2A0327.jpg
View attachment Sage_spread_vid1_music_low_ed1.webm

Last edited:

Tjure

Feb 24, 2022
If you are interested in Brandi, maybe you want to look at another old one from me.
If not, that's also o.k. :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes