Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
i checked only the club out for the moment. So the club :)
Because it's Poser content I wouldn't bother with the poser lights. You should start adding Daz lights instead.

With regards to the Iray Uber Base script , all it does is changes a surfaces parameters to be compatible with Iray, nothing much if anything will change.

The ceiling is hidden otherwise it'd be dark.

This image you'll see the shader isn't Iray, it's made for Poser and early Daz studio I believe, and the long list of parameters.
NCC Delight.jpg

Now I've converted the surfaces to Iray, nothing has changed within the image, only the circled parameters.
To convert the surfaces, select them in the surfaces tab and run the Iray uber script.
NCC Iray.jpg

Now I've started adding emissive lighting to the neon chairs, the cage tubes and the ceiling lights.
NCC Iray Emissives.jpg
Now it's up to you to play around with it, for the look you're after.

g1nk

May 31, 2020
Strolling through downtown with rio :giggle:

These are, in a sense, technical tests because I'm experimenting with background people for a big idea I'd like to bring to life at some point.... but I'm also just enjoying taking Rio out

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021

These are, in a sense, technical tests because I'm experimenting with background people for a big idea I'd like to bring to life at some point.... but I'm also just enjoying taking Rio out

An angel straight down from heaven,
with the sparkling sky blue eyes to really drown in love,
the fiery red lips that burned with passion ,
and the blushing face that looks at you as if you were her god on earth !!
Really enchantingly beautiful,g1nk :love::love:

• Love
Reactions: g1nk

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
Because it's Poser content I wouldn't bother with the poser lights. You should start adding Daz lights instead.

With regards to the Iray Uber Base script , all it does is changes a surfaces parameters to be compatible with Iray, nothing much if anything will change.

The ceiling is hidden otherwise it'd be dark.

This image you'll see the shader isn't Iray, it's made for Poser and early Daz studio I believe, and the long list of parameters.
View attachment 3110974

Now I've converted the surfaces to Iray, nothing has changed within the image, only the circled parameters.
To convert the surfaces, select them in the surfaces tab and run the Iray uber script.
View attachment 3110978

Now I've started adding emissive lighting to the neon chairs, the cage tubes and the ceiling lights.
View attachment 3110980
Now it's up to you to play around with it, for the look you're after.
Thank You so much for your effort Pillock. I Really appreciate this.

I started and tried some things for around 1.5 hour. Got some basics working where i found emision but the rest not. So i let it go. That's nothing what I have the patience or ambition for. Prefer to spend my 2 hours freetime per day (at the moment) in other ways they make fun for me. Lightening is my weakness. So i stay with the basics i know and be happy with. Pink Rose would be a "nice to have" but not a "must have" :) SO i think i was a bit to loud before with what i said about challenge :unsure:
No.. I am not too lazy. Just other prioritys ;)

Last edited:

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Thank You so much for your effort Pillock. I Really appreciate this.

I started and tried some things for around 1.5 hour. Got some basics working where i found emision but the rest not. So i let it go. That's nothing what I have the patience or ambition for. Prefer to spend my 2 hours freetime per day (at the moment) in other ways they make fun for me. Lightening is my weakness. So i stay with the basics i know and be happy with. Pink Rose would be a "nice to have" but not a "must have" :) SO i think i was a bit to loud before with what i said about challenge :unsure:
No.. I am not too lazy. Just other prioritys ;)
I agree, lighting is a bitch it's still the one thing that pisses me off about 3D rendering.

One last word about he Neon Club.
Following the red outline, select the ceiling, convert it to Iray, then apply the circled settings.
Following the pink outline for the poles, convert it, change the emission colour to pink and reduce the luminance to 100.
This was exactly what I did below, nothing else. Only the two surfaces are Iray.
NCC Basic Emissives.jpg

One last thing regarding lighting, if you look at the images from the game, and at the characters eyes, you'll see a reflection of a ring light.
Even the centre one of Maya in full sunlight still has a ring light to highlight the face and soften the shadows.
You've no doubt heard about 3 point lighting, it's well worth looking at a few tutorials about it.
Ring Light.jpg

I recommend using.

As you can see there are a few different lights included.
li-incandescent--photobox-for-iray-10-daz3d.jpg

ChaosKen

May 1, 2022
I agree, lighting is a bitch it's still the one thing that pisses me off about 3D rendering.

Following the red outline, select the ceiling, convert it to Iray, then apply the circled settings.
Following the pink outline for the poles, convert it, change the emission colour to pink and reduce the luminance to 100.
This was exactly what I did below, nothing else. Only the two surfaces are Iray.
View attachment 3113305

One last thing regarding lighting, if you look at the images from the game, and at the characters eyes, you'll see a reflection of a ring light.
Even the centre one of Maya in full sunlight still has a ring light to highlight the face and soften the shadows.
You've no doubt heard about 3 point lighting, it's well worth looking at a few tutorials about it.
View attachment 3113325

I recommend using.

View attachment 3113330
Can create primitives of various shapes and make them emit light.

Reactions: Pillock

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023

View attachment 3113305

View attachment 3113325

I recommend using.

View attachment 3113330

Thanks for the advice. You are very right indeed. Most portraits/close-ups in the game are unnaturally well-lit. There is no way this can be achieved only with illumination from the surrounding environment (lamps, sun, etc.). If used alone it will result in portraits and scenes with realistic but insufficient lighting (especially those in closed spaces). As Pillock says the nice game shots are obtained by DPC with additional lighting techniques from several sources.

In photography and current in Daz, light plays a major role. This is the difference between an ordinary scene and one that is unique. Remember that lighting also changes the very shape of the faces and expressions of the models.
Then we wonder why we can't achieve the expressions of the game models. It's just that DPC uses (and masters very well) the technique of light.

Reactions: TREXrg and Pillock

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Thanks for the advice. You are very right indeed. Most portraits/close-ups in the game are unnaturally well-lit. There is no way this can be achieved only with illumination from the surrounding environment (lamps, sun, etc.). If used alone it will result in portraits and scenes with realistic but insufficient lighting (especially those in closed spaces). As Pillock says the nice game shots are obtained by DPC with additional lighting techniques from several sources.

In photography and current in Daz, light plays a major role. This is the difference between an ordinary scene and one that is unique. Remember that lighting also changes the very shape of the faces and expressions of the models.
Then we wonder why we can't achieve the expressions of the game models. It's just that DPC uses (and masters very well) the technique of light.
Lighting even changes the way a character's texture looks. They look good in the Daz store, but load them up in your DAZ and they look nothing like the renders from the store, a very typical problem with the DAZ series 8 legacy characters, which is why I prefer to use textures from the same handful of developers, Krashwerks, SASE, Mousso they all seem to play well together.

Reactions: Valarcho

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017

That's a crackin' outfit and I could see Rio wearing this in-game. I like the sound of your big idea and I hope it works out well for you.

Reactions: g1nk and Pillock
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes