Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
For 2-3 days I've been working on a general scene I had an idea for. For the first time I used Sarah and Arieth's models (I used Night Hacker models). I put a lot of time and effort into positioning the characters and setting things up to my liking. I also wanted to see how sober rendering a few models was (I've rendered I think 5 max). I managed to position 10 models and only the reason that Camila and Heather are only available in Genesis 3 format stopped me from including them too (not that they are poor quality models, but I don't have the desire or time to download assets for G3).

After over 4 hours of rendering and getting to about 98% and a 1600x1000px render on my RTX 3060 daz stuck. I managed to take a screenshot but not save the image. But what to do:rolleyes:. I had no idea it was so hard to render more models. I don't want to think about the scene from ep 9 with the award for best costume, how long it took to render. Well, of course Dr.P has completely different PC equipment...

-----
And so I present to you the weekend of HOT. When movie night doesn't go as planned
View attachment 3892685
Nicely done but, 10 characters?! YIKES! You must have the 12G version of the RTX3060, that's what I have. One method to do this sort of scene is to divide up the scene. Render the couch and maybe a few of the background girls. Then render the foreground girls... or the left half of the scene, then the right half and combine them later.

On my old GTX1050TI, it only had 4G of VRAM, so even 3 characters was a challenge. I had three in a scene, and so rendered the left half with two characters, but I hid the character on the right, then I rendered the right half with just the missing character and combined them later in an editor. You can also hide body parts and scene objects to reduce the amount of VRAM needed which will help. I done a scene on my 1050 that way, I had a guy peeking in the door, just his upper body, head and one arm showing, so I hide every other part of his body before render, and of course, all scene items out of view and managed to fit it in the 4G and render it in a decent amount of time (with denoising which cuts down on render time as well). You might also want to shut off any other background apps, like a web browser etc to free up more VRAM.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes