Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Nicely done but, 10 characters?! YIKES! You must have the 12G version of the RTX3060, that's what I have. One method to do this sort of scene is to divide up the scene. Render the couch and maybe a few of the background girls. Then render the foreground girls... or the left half of the scene, then the right half and combine them later.

On my old GTX1050TI, it only had 4G of VRAM, so even 3 characters was a challenge. I had three in a scene, and so rendered the left half with two characters, but I hid the character on the right, then I rendered the right half with just the missing character and combined them later in an editor. You can also hide body parts and scene objects to reduce the amount of VRAM needed which will help. I done a scene on my 1050 that way, I had a guy peeking in the door, just his upper body, head and one arm showing, so I hide every other part of his body before render, and of course, all scene items out of view and managed to fit it in the 4G and render it in a decent amount of time (with denoising which cuts down on render time as well). You might also want to shut off any other background apps, like a web browser etc to free up more VRAM.
Yeah you're right about the video card specs. The rest is 16 GB Ram and a modest Intel i3-12100F 3.30 GHz processor. Actually I wanted to finish what I started and installed your Camila and Heather models. And what I wanted to render looked like this:
test_render.jpg

After 2 min of loading the scene (I had ruled out absolutely everything else. I also used the Cut scene addon - it puts Iray Plans to improve rendering time, but still ) I can't even start rendering the scene with 12 models :D There is probably a way to stage render and assemble the whole scene, but I don't have time to experiment.

Pillower

May 21, 2019
Yeah you're right about the video card specs. The rest is 16 GB Ram and a modest Intel i3-12100F 3.30 GHz processor. Actually I wanted to finish what I started and installed your Camila and Heather models. And what I wanted to render looked like this:
View attachment 3913105

After 2 min of loading the scene (I had ruled out absolutely everything else. I also used the Cut scene addon - it puts Iray Plans to improve rendering time, but still ) I can't even start rendering the scene with 12 models :D There is probably a way to stage render and assemble the whole scene, but I don't have time to experiment.
I keep an instance of GPU-Z open on my screen when I render so I can see what my computer is doing when rendering. You might want to check your RAM usage. This scene is definitely hitting VRAM limit, but I would bet my entire paycheck even if you did somehow get this under 12GB VRAM you would run out of system memory the moment your VRAM dumps the textures into the RAM. The general rule for rendering is to have at least double your VRAM in system RAM so I would look into upgrading to a 32GB kit of RAM to be safe.

Reactions: Valarcho and TREXrg

waffle253

May 20, 2023
Hey this is probably the wrong place to ask but I don't know where to ga otherwise, but would someone be interested in doing a commission to turn a sage or quin model into a virtuamate asset ?

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
No joke guys I think the best ntr stuff involves Maya, Josy and maybe Sally.
Of course, in real life Magnar would not be able to handle a real woman like those three babes.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
So this is the sort of thing that happens when I give you ideas...

I must be responsible with this power. It's bound to lead to a "be careful what you wish for" situation.
You can't imagine how many ideas you can pick up by carefully reading the forum. And then it was implemented in the render. Of course, I only take what I can like myself, so thanks for the inspiration, Roger!
Also, some guys wasn't careful with their wishes :ROFLMAO:

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
You can't imagine how many ideas you can pick up by carefully reading the forum. And then it was implemented in the render. Of course, I only take what I can like myself, so thanks for the inspiration, Roger!
Also, some guys wasn't careful with their wishes :ROFLMAO:
It looks amazing! If I wasn't familiar with the characters, I'd believe they were actual photos.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
View attachment 3913105

When you load in a scene, what you're seeing in this screenshot it stored in your system RAM. When you go to render it, all the VISIBLE parts are loaded onto your video card's VRAM, which takes time as the slowest transfer is over the system bus from system RAM into video card VRAM.

I would render the left half first, then the right half. So, anyone that appears on one half, even a body part, have them visible. Make the characters that don't appear not visible. No need to delete anything, if you make anything not visible, it won't be loaded onto the video card. You can use the spot render tool (ALT+SHIFT+C) which allows you to draw a square around an area and it will only render that portion. I think there are settings where you have to set it to save what you render. So you draw a square around one half, hiding everything not visible, render, rinse and repeat for the other half. I mean, that is A LOT of characters to render.

Also, if you want to try and render the whole scene at once again, remember, that in any scene subsets that I upload, I will often raise the quality level of the characters so their textures are high resolution = much more data for this many characters! You may do well by lowering their quality down a tad and it may still work.

For example, in a scene I just rendered yesterday for a character I created named "Sasha", if you look at her Mesh Resolution after clicking her then checking General and Mesh Resolution in the Parameter's tab, you'll see that I have her SubDivision Level set to 2, and her Render SubD Level set to 3. Her original settings on the default model was probably 1 for Subdivision Level and 2 for the Render SubD Level. For a scene like yours, I would lower them all down to 1 and 2 and then see how you do.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 174914.jpg

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes