Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

DevDov6

Mar 2, 2024
I didn't give it any thought, I was kidding about a comp. But if you're serious, choose six game characters, and six theme objects, the theme might as well be Halloween, so, pumpkin, skeleton, ghost etc. Roll a die to choose one from each group. The winner is the one with the most likes after a week, and gets to choose something from the gift shop (Render State). lol
I like how a "render-off" was proposed between someone who hasn't responded after the initial instigating post and the other who said the matter is closed in his mind. Would be a fun turn of events to have others settle the duel on their behalf with some quality art work.

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Started using Daz studio yesterday, so here is my first render ever!
Give me some advice if you guys feel like its needed please.
Sage Render:
View attachment 4161432
As a first attempt, a very good result. You did a pretty good job of lighting the scene - I don't know if you using a pre-made lighting scene or if you created the lighting yourself.
Two little tips:
1. Ready-made poses very often cause overlapping of different parts of the body - in your case, a finger/nail enters the body.
1729754893895.png
The problem becomes even more significant if the model is dressed and then there is a collision between clothes, hair and body parts. Always check these things and correct if necessary.

2. For a greater effect of the frame, use the rule of the golden third (see the net for an exact definition). And fill the frame with your main subject. Sage currently occupies a very small portion of it. This way you will shorten the rendering time and increase the impact of your frame.

PS - You are using the Sage Night Hacker model, right?

F.L.HX99X

Formerly 'FutureHNDXXX'
May 14, 2019
As a first attempt, a very good result. You did a pretty good job of lighting the scene - I don't know if you using a pre-made lighting scene or if you created the lighting yourself.
Two little tips:
1. Ready-made poses very often cause overlapping of different parts of the body - in your case, a finger/nail enters the body.
View attachment 4161845
The problem becomes even more significant if the model is dressed and then there is a collision between clothes, hair and body parts. Always check these things and correct if necessary.

2. For a greater effect of the frame, use the rule of the golden third (see the net for an exact definition). And fill the frame with your main subject. Sage currently occupies a very small portion of it. This way you will shorten the rendering time and increase the impact of your frame.

PS - You are using the Sage Night Hacker model, right?
Yes, I use the models and information provided by Night Hacker!

For sure, I will start to utilize the golden third for sure, need to gather more information for it correctly though.

Question.

Currently the graphics card I am using is a RTX 3070 ti with 8.0gb of V RAM. How far do you guys think I can go for more quality for my renders.

I used the default settings for the progressive rendering settings except for adjusting the rendering converged ratio to 95%.

My aspect ratio I used for my ratio is 16:9 with pixels of 1920x1080.

UrFriend

Aug 30, 2022

For sure, I will start to utilize the golden third for sure, need to gather more information for it correctly though.

Question.

Currently the graphics card I am using is a RTX 3070 ti with 8.0gb of V RAM. How far do you guys think I can go for more quality for my renders.

I used the default settings for the progressive rendering settings except for adjusting the rendering converged ratio to 95%.

You should be perfectly able to double the default settings and render in 4k if that is what you wish to do.

Reactions: TREXrg

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022

Question.

Depends on what you need?

If you want to make an VN 16:9 ratio with pixels of 1920x1080 is the standard.

If you want to make quality fanart it's probably what UrFriend suggests.

For me it's more how long it takes to render and still look good.

If it's a hobby then the limit is the sky :)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Started using Daz studio yesterday, so here is my first render ever!
Give me some advice if you guys feel like its needed please.
Sage Render:
View attachment 4161432
This is a good start. I see you followed the advice to fill the frame correctly in the second render, in general for single frames the vertical aspect ratio is better if you want to show more of the body. And the second thing I will add, looking at the shadows: diffuse lighting is better than from a point (in the geometry of light), because it creates soft shadows. Disk and cylinder as light sources give better shadows. I would recommend light assets from the Render Studio series. They are very good.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes